People paying to get in spartan comanies

im not sure if this is true or not, but friends are saying people are making people pay to get into spartan companies, one specifically going as high as $480. Isn’t that against the rules or something?

That’s bullcrap if it’s true. If it is tho, I’m not suprised. There has been scandals of other gaming communities and groups charging for membership as well.

> 2533274942042829;1:
> im not sure if this is true or not, but friends are saying people are making people pay to get into spartan companies, one specifically going as high as $480. Isn’t that against the rules or something?

It’s frowned upon, but there’s no clear indication of this being a violation of halo’s guidelines. As with all new things, it’s pretty much in a grey area.

Under the section “Software License” in the Microsoft Services agreements which, among other services, covers “Xbox and Windows Games published by Microsoft”, one finds:

> b. The software is licensed, not sold, and Microsoft reserves all rights to the software not expressly granted by Microsoft, whether by implication, estoppel, or otherwise. This license does not give you any right to, and you may not:
>
> - i. circumvent or bypass any technological protection measures in or relating to the software or Services; - ii. disassemble, decompile, decrypt, hack, emulate, exploit, or reverse engineer any software or other aspect of the Services that is included in or accessible through the Services, except and only to the extent that the applicable copyright law expressly permits doing so; - iii. separate components of the software or Services for use on different devices; - iv. publish, copy, rent, lease, sell, export, import, distribute, or lend the software or the Services, unless Microsoft expressly authorizes you to do so; - v. transfer the software, any software licenses, or any rights to access or use the Services; - vi. use the Services in any unauthorized way that could interfere with anyone else’s use of them or gain access to any service, data, account, or network; - vii. enable access to the Services or modify any Microsoft-authorized device (e.g., Xbox One, Xbox 360, Microsoft Surface, etc.) by unauthorized third-party applications.

Likewise, in the older version it is stated:

> You must not use the Services to harm others or the Services. For example, you must not:
> • Use the Services to harm, threaten, or harass another person, organization, or Microsoft;
> • Damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Services (or any network or Authorized Device connected to the Services);
> • Assign, resell, or redistribute any part of the Services or access to the Services, including the sale or purchase of an account;
> • Share your account password or otherwise authorized a third party to access or use the Services on your behalf unless we provide an approved mechanism;
> • Enable unauthorized third party applications to access the Services;
> • Use the Services or any content on the Services for commercial purposes;

So, if the whole notion of such a shady practice didn’t tip you off: Microsoft does not approve. If you run into this kind of thing happening, you should bring it to our attention with the appropriate evidence so we can deal with it and get the Company and the people who run it banned.

It’s was only a matter of time before something like this would happen.

Im not suprised. I remember people selling level 50 accts in H2 & 3. People are always going to be tempted at the prospect of easy money

Shouldn’t be surprised. People subscribe to pros on twitch so they can play with them. Is it really that different? Unless it’s just about that goofy helmet. If it is then for $480 you could get an account that has it, maybe even get an Xbox included lol. That’s a lot of money

If they truly are making money off 343’s game, it is probably against the EULA, and they could be sued.

People sold slots in a Spartan Company for Achilles for $150 on eBay once but $480? Really? Microsoft needs to hunt them down if that’s true, it’s illegal and against their rules and policy

Paying some $$$ to get into some Spartan Company? That is some next-gen bull****.

> 2533274942042829;1:
> im not sure if this is true or not, but friends are saying people are making people pay to get into spartan companies, one specifically going as high as $480. Isn’t that against the rules or something?

that is dumb tho. f

What a time to be alive eh?

> 2533274942042829;1:

That is not right. I think that people running those companies should be temp-banned.

> 2535463039826835;13:
> > 2533274942042829;1:
> > im not sure if this is true or not, but friends are saying people are making people pay to get into spartan companies, one specifically going as high as $480. Isn’t that against the rules or something?
>
> That is not right. I think that people running those companies should be temp-banned.

And the company terminated.

Gosh it’s hard enough to get players to join for FREE, let alone demand a fee. As others have said above, you should just report it next time you come across it.

Damn, I should have done that with my Company, $50 a pop :wink:

Just kidding haha

> 2535463039826835;14:
> > 2535463039826835;13:
> > > 2533274942042829;1:
> > > im not sure if this is true or not, but friends are saying people are making people pay to get into spartan companies, one specifically going as high as $480. Isn’t that against the rules or something?
> >
> > That is not right. I think that people running those companies should be temp-banned.
>
> And the company terminated.

Agreed. I’d actually say perma banned

I kinda doubt that its happening except in some rare cases. I’ve never heard of it happening at least.

I don’t think it’s right, but I’d sell my account for 400 lol that’s a new GPU. Plus who even cares about rank that much to pay the money? Lol you can have my account for 400 haha.

I’m not going to do it, I’m just saying.

> 2535462333594080;19:
> I don’t think it’s right, but I’d sell my account for 400 lol that’s a new GPU. Plus who even cares about rank that much to pay the money? Lol you can have my account for 400 haha.
>
> I’m not going to do it, I’m just saying.

H3 was popular for selling rank 50 accounts, you can be suprised on who and how many would do it.