People need to relax.....seriously

I’m not complaining about the complainers. I’m addressing things so people actually understand them because I tend to go more into detail about stuff.

The disagreement with Halo 4 having Reach’s core/gameplay

People need to remember that Bungie has been taking the previous Halo engines and making them better. Reach was a modified Halo 3 engine, Bungie stated that in the Vidocs they posted two years ago. The Halo 4 engine is just a heavily modified version of the Reach engine. And who’s to say that the graphics from the screenshot of the first level we’ve seen aren’t amazing? I’ve never seen graphics like that, We’ve never seen graphics like that…well maybe cough BO2 trailer cough

Reach’s core gameplay is all but just the AA’s, that’s it. People don’t understand this. The health system is gone, 343 has said this. Halo 3 core gameplay and Reach’s are being combined. We’re getting the higher jump height, shield system and hoping for Halo 3’s no fall damage, the speed increase is also from Halo 3 if I recall correctly. The only thing that is Reach is the AA’s. People saying Halo 4 is gonna be Reach 2.0 when it’s not. People don’t hear about what 343 is actually saying about core mechanics from Halo 3 and Reach being implemented. It’s only what they want to hear out of everything 343 is saying.

The uproar about AA’s

There are only 5 AA’s as far as we know. Sprint, Hologram, Jetpack, and Promethean Vision. The moment these were announced people whipped up a storm about it. But again people don’t understand the concept of why these were implemented.

Sprint: Spartans have been able to sprint. We’ve seen it everywhere from the animated Halo series, Halo: Legends to even trailers. John was sprinting in one of the Halo 3 trailers as soon as the Wraiths cannon shot hit the bubble shield. Sprint has been an advantage of Spartans forever. It’s because of the limiters in the Mjinlor(I know I didn’t spell that right) armor. They can be turned off temporarly for the use of sprint. In Halo 4, we are going to get this ability by default even in the campaign. It’ll allow the use of faster gameplay so just relax.

The Jetpack is now being called a Zero G thruster. John has one intergrated into his armor at the beginning of the reveal trailer. The one we are going to be using is not intergrated. Besides we’re going to be on a UNSC destroyer playing in probably some sort of low gravity.

Promethean Vision was a ability unheard of until Halo 4 and I’m assuming it’s Forerunner tech and it’s something the Forerunner used when they were living. It enables to to see through objects for a limited time to see the opposing players or enemies in campaign and there whereabouts. People saying this needs to only be in social blah blah blah. Why can’t it be in competitive? I’m sure competitive players can find a good use for it in-game.

Addressing the situation being that the game is steering torward casuals

This is what the forums has been raging upon. All except the ONLY info that has been released has been catered towards casual players. The AA’s maybe a little of both. 343 has stated that they will be gearing Halo 4 towards both crowds and that their team is working on ways to cater to both crowds because it’s what they want. They’ve only release info that is aimed torwards mainly casual players at the moment. We haven’t yet heard about MLG or Arena or a ranking system at that. We haven’t heard any playlist info at all. 343 is releasing info as they gather it, but people are uproaring about stuff still being Reachish, when we haven’t even heard the full story. 343 will release the compeitive side of Halo 4 in due time. The more you ask and ask and yell the less time 343 is going to state anything. Hell people are treating 343 like Bungie when Reach was only out for a few months.

Give them time, the competitve crowd will get what it wants but damn people be patient about it. The more you whine about Halo 4 being Reachish the more Reachish this game will become which is why they aren’t going to do a public beta. Think about that for a change.

I love HALO!
I also Halo, Fallout, Halo, Mass Effect, Halo and Halo and Halo!!!

> The uproar about AA’s
>
> There are only 5 AA’s as far as we know. Sprint, Hologram, Jetpack, and Promethean Vision. The moment these were announced people whipped up a storm about it. But again people don’t understand the concept of why these were implemented.

Another thread mentiond that there is a regen AA. I’m not too keen on AA’s, but I can deal. However, an AA that allows your shields or AA’s to recharge faster? That’s just wrong. Hopefully it’s untrue.