People need to read more carefully....

I read this weeks bulletin and took notice of the section talking about rank. Specifically, how it said right in the bulletin:

“We are tracking all player skill data and while it will not be exposed in the game UI <mark>at launch</mark>, we have some ideas about how to give players access to that information, in a useful way, in the not-so-distant future.”

The highlighted part is what all the 1-50 fans (I was going to say competitive, but I consider myself competitive and don’t care about 1-50 being visible or invisible) should be happy about. Through the glory of TU’s, 343 may infact be able to update the game to give you your precious visible ranks in a new playlist or something to that extent. I somewhat agree with the 1-50 community in that there should at least be a playlist with 1-50 visible. While I don’t care for 1-50, I can simply avoid that playlist, or venture into it on occasion to see just how “skilled” these people are :slight_smile:

And to everyone who is upset about theatre not being for campaign or spartan ops, read this:

“Theater Mode in Campaign did not make the cut for launch for various reasons of scheduling, rendering issues and some significant engine changes. However, we are treating Title Updates very differently for Halo 4 and rather than simply using them as opportunities for simple big fixes, we are thinking of them as a way to sustain and grow features and options, so it is possible you could see Saved Films made available for Campaign (as well as some other significant features) at some time in the not-too-distant future, but that’s yet to be determined.”

Seriously guys, 343 has their plates full. While true they have been working on the game since 2009, perfection takes time. Just because something that you love isn’t in Halo 4 now, doesn’t mean it won’t ever be there. For all we know they’re just awaiting community feedback post-launch to decide what to include in the TU’s, for example : Do people really want visible ranking, theatre in campaign, team doubles playlist, SWAT (some people keep saying SWAT isn’t in right now, but I watched a livestream from IGN yesterday and they played SWAT, so maybe it’s only in custom games right now?)etc… you get the point.

I am very excited for Halo 4, as well as future TU’s to see what more they will add to the already content packed Halo 4. Chances are, if enough people want it, 343 will add it. Many websites and reviews are saying Halo 4’s MP is the best MP since Halo 2, and if that’s not enough to make your pants shorter (-Yoink!- joke) then I don’t know what it will take. Be patient everyone and give Halo 4 an honest chance before you write it off as garbage because it doesn’t have that 1 thing you want right now.

Lol your name isn’t rusty shackleford it’s dale gribble (KOTH reference) :slight_smile: but yea I agree halo 4 will be awesome no matter what and people should focus more on what’s good instead of what they don’t like

> Be patient everyone and give Halo 4 an honest chance before you write it off as garbage because it doesn’t have that 1 thing you want right now.

I was patient…I was on here pleading my case in a respectful manner asking for a rank system; when it didn’t show up, I didn’t moan about it. I was very unhappy about it, but I took it for what it was and figured it may come.

I then saw the playlists and have pretty much lost faith. I know an update is coming with more playlists; but they are so limited towards the competitive players it’s disheartening. I don’t mean the MLG-Pro wanting competitive players; I mean the every day, plays the game competitively players.

While I do play Slayer-Pro a lot, I really enjoy basic slayer types and slayer types that aren’t slayer pro. By this I mean team doubles, team snipers, team swat and just basic team slayer. Right now the playlists leave me one option that I like; and that is Slayer-Pro. Sure I’ll play the Infinity slayer, and maybe I’ll like it, but it isn’t Halo to me.

The new things added into H4 look great for a huge part of the audience; but there’s also a large audience that would like the basics without it being just slayer pro.

The thing is OP, it’s not just been one thing most people wanted that isn’t there, it’s been multiple things. And people were patient, and then inside of a week before the game two announcements came out that both basically were bad news for the same crowd…patience got me no where.

It takes 2+ years to add a visual ranking system? No. This SHOULD HAVE been in the game at launch.

that was just a PR stunt to try and put out the massive fire they’ve started.

> It takes 2+ years to add a visual ranking system? No. This SHOULD HAVE been in the game at launch.

in 2+ months everyone will be on black ops 2 if they dont get thier -Yoink- together. I mean Call of Duty of all games is releasing with a ranking system. the world has gone mad!

> …Many websites and reviews are saying Halo 4’s MP is the best MP since Halo 2…

“I’m Halo Man and Halo 4 is my new Halo 2!”

Never thought I’d say it, but it looks like the best Halo game ever that was Halo 2 has been bested by Halo 4.

But yes, OP, a lot of people are missing what you highlighted.

> that was just a PR stunt to try and put out the massive fire they’ve started.

343 really can’t win, can they?

> > It takes 2+ years to add a visual ranking system? No. This SHOULD HAVE been in the game at launch.
>
> in 2+ months everyone will be on black ops 2 if they dont get thier Yoink! together. I mean Call of Duty of all games is releasing with a ranking system. the world has gone mad!

CoD is always the generic brand of every game idea. I stopped taking them seriously when MW2 was launched.

And it shouldn’t matter if it’s visible or not. It’s there regardless so you’re just complaining because apparently being teamed with equal players isnt good enough.

> It takes 2+ years to add a visual ranking system? No. This SHOULD HAVE been in the game at launch.

Pretty sure thats what they were concerned about while making the. What you people tend to forget is the roots of gaming started from the story of the game, not the damn online play. Get off your high horse will ya? There priority was making the game and adding in every ounce of graphical juice the xbox can deliver. Not some ranking system which is still coming so get over it yeah?

“We are tracking all player skill data and while it will not be exposed in the game UI at launch, we have some ideas about how to give players access to that information, in a useful way, in the not-so-distant future.”

Watch them give us some online leader board that we must go visit to check our rank…

> > that was just a PR stunt to try and put out the massive fire they’ve started.
>
> 343 really can’t win, can they?

not when they’ve had over 3 years to brainstorming and implement it and only now after the game has gone gold that they’ve started brainstorming, this is a clear indication that they’re only saying it to try and shut up the people who are upset about not having ranks because otherwise if they did care they would have been working on it through out halo 4s development.

> And it shouldn’t matter if it’s visible or not. It’s there regardless so you’re just complaining because apparently being teamed with equal players isnt good enough.

it isn’t there, rank is the visualization of true skill, they’ve stated that a visualization is invisible which is a straight up contradiction.

if its a visulization then we can see it, how ever its invisible so we can’t see it so how can it be a visualization?

> > > that was just a PR stunt to try and put out the massive fire they’ve started.
> >
> > 343 really can’t win, can they?
>
> not when they’ve had over 3 years to brainstorming and implement it and only now after the game has gone gold that they’ve started brainstorming, this is a clear indication that they’re only saying it to try and shut up the people who are upset about not having ranks because otherwise if they did care they would have been working on it through out halo 4s development.

THIS. And may i add… they had MORE than enough time to add a ranking system. Trust me, i know how video game developers work. They sure as hell don’t work as hard as an average man… And you know what they pay is??? MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MORE MILLIONS. So stop giving us that crap about they have their hands full.

> > > It takes 2+ years to add a visual ranking system? No. This SHOULD HAVE been in the game at launch.
> >
> > in 2+ months everyone will be on black ops 2 if they dont get thier Yoink! together. I mean Call of Duty of all games is releasing with a ranking system. the world has gone mad!
>
> CoD is always the generic brand of every game idea. I stopped taking them seriously when MW2 was launched.
>
> And it shouldn’t matter if it’s visible or not. It’s there regardless so you’re just complaining because apparently being teamed with equal players isnt good enough.

ya look at how reaches invisible skill ranking system worked out. totally got matched up according to skill. Invisible ranks is the same as playing social game types, nobody really cares about winning, some people screw around, some people are sitting in the corner eating a sandwich. What does this sound like? if your thinking halo reach you are correct. its impossible to gauge a player if they try sometimes and dont other times, and 343s ranking system wont take this into account.

> > > > that was just a PR stunt to try and put out the massive fire they’ve started.
> > >
> > > 343 really can’t win, can they?
> >
> > not when they’ve had over 3 years to brainstorming and implement it and only now after the game has gone gold that they’ve started brainstorming, this is a clear indication that they’re only saying it to try and shut up the people who are upset about not having ranks because otherwise if they did care they would have been working on it through out halo 4s development.
>
> THIS. And may i add… they had MORE than enough time to add a ranking system. Trust me, i know how video game developers work. They sure as hell don’t work as hard as an average man… And you know what they pay is??? MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MORE MILLIONS. So stop giving us that crap about they have their hands full.

I would also like to add, they had time to completely reinvent infection and griffball, but no time to make a few ranked playlists…

They should’ve delayed the game until it could launch with at least feature parity to Halo 3/Reach.

That means gametypes, Theater implementation for Co-Op/Campaign, a ranking system, properly working killcams etc.

It also would’ve had the benefit of ensuring that the game’s population wouldn’t slaughtered by Black OPs II later this month.

This is bad.

> > that was just a PR stunt to try and put out the massive fire they’ve started.
>
> 343 really can’t win, can they?

They’ve won in multiple scenarios. Very many, in fact. However, there’s just a very few they’ve lost, and that’s what most people notice, in which it makes it look like 343i can’t win.

But they’ve won, IMO. Heck, they make a Halo game better than Halo 2, which I thought was never going to happen, but they sure as Yoink! did it.

> > > that was just a PR stunt to try and put out the massive fire they’ve started.
> >
> > 343 really can’t win, can they?
>
> They’ve won in multiple scenarios. Very many, in fact. However, there’s just a very few they’ve lost, and that’s what most people notice, in which it makes it look like 343i can’t win.

where exactly have 343i won? every where i see that is good is all bungies work.

343i:

• broke CTF
  • fully customizable loadouts
  • removed gametypes options and gametypes
  • sprint is default
  • instant respawn
  • join in progress
  • forge going backwards
  • bad forge enviorments
  • using MP cannon as an excuse for everything
  • new weapons are either to OP or to UP
  • forcing there vision onto customers
  • making false claims over ranks to string people along
  • removing everything that makes infection good
  • adding, removing then adding bonuses for LE buyers
  • theater only working for MP with 1 person allowed
  • nerfing features to make perks more viable
  • personal ordinance drops providing power weapons
  • fully random global ordinance drops
  • claiming that halo 4 is more custmoziable then ever before but removed a lot of the customizable options
  • progressive rank to unlock upgrades

where exactly did they win? honestly everything i see that is good, which is the base gameplay, forge and the restricted custom options was all done by bungie, 343i may have re-worked it but bungie gave us them so bungie gets the credit.