people deliberatly losing

So i while ago i was in a match and we were doing fine but somehow the enemy got a LOT of kills and i wonderwed why.
when i looked at teh aftermath report i saw this.
needless to say i asked the guy how he got such a high level if he plays like -Yoink-.
when asked what he was doing he literally replied “making us lose”

no explanation whatsoever…
has anybody else encountered people like this? and what to do bout it

I know some people intentionally throw games in order to get low placements. But I don’t see the benefit of doing that in fiesta

You’re not in Faze :wink:

I really hope he was sarcastic. If not that’s a whole new level of -Yoink-.

> 2533274798144866;4:
> I really hope he was sarcastic. If not that’s a whole new level of -Yoink-.

I experienced it bad this last time around…it is there people commiting suicides if youre close to winning. It happens

I had something similar to this once
The guy wasted all of his ammo then charged at people with power weapons
This person was completely useless the entire game

> 2533274873873545;5:
> > 2533274798144866;4:
> > I really hope he was sarcastic. If not that’s a whole new level of -Yoink-.
>
>
> I experienced it bad this last time around…it is there people commiting suicides if youre close to winning. It happens

yes, but a few things:
A. Its fiesta, its not even ranked…
B. i wished i was sarcastic…

PS.
This has happened before, and people got banned for it. but what i dont understand is why he is doing it in fiesta… like wtf?

This happens, but I don’t think that’s what happening in this scenario.

You don’t have to be good to enjoy the game and level up. It’s also not ranked so I doubt the match-making would be that strict as I’ve experienced skill-gaps in social playlists more often than not. Also, regarding his reply, seems like a reasonable response if someone messages you and you know you’ve played like trash, I’ll be the voice of reason here and say that it doesn’t mean it was deliberate. I see these kind of scores in diamond/onyx all the time. You had a close game and that spartan might have let you down, but I don’t think it’s worth calling them out for it. You don’t do anything about it, it just happens, be proud it wasn’t you.

> 2533274913498763;7:
> > 2533274873873545;5:
> > > 2533274798144866;4:
> > > I really hope he was sarcastic. If not that’s a whole new level of -Yoink-.
> >
> >
> > I experienced it bad this last time around…it is there people commiting suicides if youre close to winning. It happens
>
>
> yes, but a few things:
> A. Its fiesta, its not even ranked…
> B. i wished i was sarcastic…

It wasn’t uncommon for people to do poorly in Super Fiesta. Sometimes players got nothing but -Yoink- for the whole match while everyone else got rockets and explosive LMGS/Snipers. It happened to me a few times.

> 2533274978553590;10:
> > 2533274913498763;7:
> > > 2533274873873545;5:
> > > > 2533274798144866;4:
> > > > I really hope he was sarcastic. If not that’s a whole new level of -Yoink-.
> > >
> > >
> > > I experienced it bad this last time around…it is there people commiting suicides if youre close to winning. It happens
> >
> >
> > yes, but a few things:
> > A. Its fiesta, its not even ranked…
> > B. i wished i was sarcastic…
>
>
> It wasn’t uncommon for people to do poorly in Super Fiesta. Sometimes players got nothing but -Yoink- for the whole match while everyone else got rockets and explosive LMGS/Snipers. It happened to me a few times.

there is a difference between having a bad day and walking into the enemy while not even firing a single shot while looking directly at em. walking i say. he wasnt even sprinting…

I wouldn’t understand doing this is a social matc

Actually man, I’ve had a game in fiesta like that before. Not only was I off, but I kept getting -Yoink- weapons and bad match ups. It was so horrid and I only had like 2 kills, which was unacceptable, never again. Look at my rank, it could have just been a really bad game for him. I’ve only been down that road once.

You don’t really know, though. It could be a combination of the game mode, poor connection, being underskilled, occupied with something else (it’s social after all), etc. This player has 1/3/14 which gives me the impression that there’s a good chance that he wasn’t throwing the match, especially comparing to the two on the other team are only 4/1/12 and 6/1/11. I mean, this is all I can see though and I didn’t participate in the match but I know the problem you are talking about, I just don’t think this particular match is it.

> 2535429596971161;9:
> This happens, but I don’t think that’s what happening in this scenario.
>
> You don’t have to be good to enjoy the game and level up. It’s also not ranked so I doubt the match-making would be that strict as I’ve experienced skill-gaps in social playlists more often than not. Also, regarding his reply, seems like a reasonable response if someone messages you and you know you’ve played like trash, I’ll be the voice of reason here and say that it doesn’t mean it was deliberate. I see these kind of scores in diamond/onyx all the time. You had a close game and that spartan might have let you down, but I don’t think it’s worth calling them out for it. You don’t do anything about it, it just happens, be proud it wasn’t you.

I’m going with this one, myself. I mean, -Yoink-, just last night I played a game doing like 20-something and 7, next game I went 1 and 23. Talk about a kick in the nuts.

yeah but look at his game history. really really interesting. a streak of losing that many games and saying its on purpose… its not just one bad game, its intentionally…

In Warzone. Some a team just sat in the back of the base and let the other team farm us. They thought they were finding a clever way to get easy req points

I feel like sometimes, people deliberately lose the first two bases in WZA, just so they can get an easy win by defending the Core. I’ve been in numerous defending games where we lost our two bases almost immediately, and then we won at the Core room.

Maybe the person is pretty much just saying he sucks with that response. If he was team killing and doing suicides all the time, then yes he was making you lose.

> 2533274991067213;18:
> I feel like sometimes, people deliberately lose the first two bases in WZA, just so they can get an easy win by defending the Core. I’ve been in numerous defending games where we lost our two bases almost immediately, and then we won at the Core room.

that is a known strategy :stuck_out_tongue: its just retreating and not giving the enemy kills :stuck_out_tongue: so they have to core with magnums and ar’s xD