People complained about everything in halo 5.

Halo 5 is a great game to me, but when you look back on all the negative forums about the game, I think people have complained over EVERYTHING. You want me to prove it okay. The req system, the maps, not enough game types, warzone needing to be fixed, pistol too powerful, Spartan abilities, campaign, not playing as master chief enough, not classic enough, to difficult, you want me to go on? The point is, that some people just won’t give this game a break. How long has this game been out in stores? About 3 weeks. 343 can’t fix everything. Everyone just needs to calm down and let this go, sure I might not be able to get away from it, but I only see a few forums giving this game credit. I believe that 343 has worked hard on this game and I think it deserves some respect once in a while. Who else agrees with me?

Damn right.

Many of the issues aren’t things we expect 343 to fix. My gripes with the game center around design decisions 343 made a long time ago.

If you dont speak up nothing will change. You can’t say ‘yes it’s okay they’ll fix it’ all the time. And this game has some major issues that need to be pointed out, regardless how flame it might sound.

There are some real logic behind the reasons and some I found actual issues rather than people complaining. Like myself I enjoy the game for what it is but there could have been things done to make it more enjoyable. Example for those who enjoyed the customization from Reach, it should have stayed the way it was and not backstepped on Halo 4 and now Halo 5. Reach had it perfect and it needs to return to that state and to make it even more better, add in unlockable armor through achievements, commendations, and doing certain things in matchmaking or campaign. These made the armor more enjoyable to obtain and showed what you did to get it.
I honestly don’t like this new randomized system. I would rather have it returned to Halo Reach’s credit system, buying my armor along with being able to unlock armor via through achievements, commendations, and doing certain things in matchmaking or campaign. I enjoyed customizing my helmet, left and right shoulders, chest, utility, wrist, visor color, knee guards and the subcategory of the helmets rather than having the plain default helmet. Im hoping that 343i does this system in Halo 6 and if they don’t, im going be pissed. They should bring all the previous armor variants and add in newer ones. I would like that a lot though it would take a long time but it can be done.

As long as there are videogames, there will be complainers.

> 2533274974350131;1:
> Halo 5 is a great game to me, but when you look back on all the negative forums about the game, I think people have complained over EVERYTHING. You want me to prove it okay. The req system, the maps, not enough game types, warzone needing to be fixed, pistol too powerful, Spartan abilities, campaign, not playing as master chief enough, not classic enough, to difficult, you want me to go on? The point is, that some people just won’t give this game a break. How long has this game been out in stores? About 3 weeks. 343 can’t fix everything. Everyone just needs to calm down and let this go, sure I might not be able to get away from it, but I only see a few forums giving this game credit. I believe that 343 has worked hard on this game and I think it deserves some respect once in a while. Who else agrees with me?

And yet many of those things are true,

The req system:

This is atrocious, RNG has no place on Halo, even if it is just for 1 game type, also thanks to this REQ system armor unlocks are tied to it and they too are random where in past games you either unlocked armor via achievements or grinding xp points (At least grinding for points allowed you to buy the armor YOU wanted to buy).

The maps:

Some forge made with the BTB ones coming next also forge made, they aren’t that good (One was already removed to fix a game breaking issue it had)

Warzone needing to be fixed:

Spawns are terrible, even if you choose to spawn in your base or armory you get spawned outside and many times in line of fire from the enemies, that and the whole Legendary boss kill steal issue + Warzone Assault where you can capture 2 bases and force the enemy core to open and end the game in under 5 minutes.

Pistol too powerful:

Debatable, but it can out-shoot a BR at range too if you are good with it.

Spartan abilities:

Shoulder charge is rather cheap and just as bad as the double melee quick kills on prior games but it is not that bad.

Campaign, not playing as master chief enough:

Campaign was terrible, they advertised this big epic fight between Locke and Chief but that was reduced to a single cut scene, we are forced ot play with this new Osiris team (who are these people?) yes i get that you have tp read the books etc etc to know them but why? why am I forced to read external media to understand who this people are?

And yes too little MC they should at least have made half and half mission wise.

Not classic enough:

No it is not, ADS, Speed, Aim acceleration, Req system this is nothing like classic Halo.

Too hard:

Not really if anything this is the easiest Halo (Campaign wise) so far.

So yes there are legitimate complaints and feedback, if you don’t like it then get off the forums as forums are for feedback which will mostly be negative as if the game was perfect no one would be commenting on anything.

Thanks to this feedback spawns are being looked on, maps will be fixed, game-types added and such, so stop blaming people for wanting a better product or at least a product that compares to older iterations of the game because as it stands Halo 5 is mediocre and lacking in content.

…and now people are such big complainers they are now complaining about the complainers! This is ridiculous.

Wait… I just complained about people complaining about complainers…

Head explodes.

> 2533274806696796;8:
> …and now people are such big complainers they are now complaining about the complainers! This is ridiculous.
>
> Wait… I just complained about people complaining about complainers…
>
> Head explodes.

Complaint-ception

A lot of those complaints are valid and constructive ones. Sure from time to time there are complaints on petty issues, but the reason they arose was because 343 decided to change something just for “the sake of change.”

Wiilko has a similar opinion to mine in terms of design choices. 343 brought in pros after the backlash they received for making Halo 4 entirely casual. They used these pro teams basically as a 100% guide for arena multiplayer design which in my opinion was not the best decision. Because they used people who dedicated their lives to the game at some point, we ended up having a game that only promises success when playing as a 4 man party and having ample communication. In turn we got a gimped radar and garbage maps as well.

It seems like 343 can never create a good balance of competitive and casual in their games. Halo 4 was on the casual end of the spectrum, while Halo 5 is on the ultra competitive end of the spectrum.

As far as lack of features go, that is one of the most valid complaints there are. The game had over 3 years of a development cycle, just like previous installments, and yet it lacks so much that was present in the previous titles. “It will come later” is not an acceptable approach when handed down the responsibility of a franchise like Halo.

> 2533274796869056;7:
> > 2533274974350131;1:
> > Halo 5 is a great game to me, but when you look back on all the negative forums about the game, I think people have complained over EVERYTHING. You want me to prove it okay. The req system, the maps, not enough game types, warzone needing to be fixed, pistol too powerful, Spartan abilities, campaign, not playing as master chief enough, not classic enough, to difficult, you want me to go on? The point is, that some people just won’t give this game a break. How long has this game been out in stores? About 3 weeks. 343 can’t fix everything. Everyone just needs to calm down and let this go, sure I might not be able to get away from it, but I only see a few forums giving this game credit. I believe that 343 has worked hard on this game and I think it deserves some respect once in a while. Who else agrees with me?
>
>
> And yet many of those things are true,
>
> The req system:
>
> This is atrocious, RNG has no place on Halo, even if it is just for 1 game type, also thanks to this REQ system armor unlocks are tied to it and they too are random where in past games you either unlocked armor via achievements or grinding xp points (At least grinding for points allowed you to buy the armor YOU wanted to buy).
>
> The maps:
>
> Some forge made with the BTB ones coming next also forge made, they aren’t that good (One was already removed to fix a game breaking issue it had)
>
> Warzone needing to be fixed:
>
> Spawns are terrible, even if you choose to spawn in your base or armory you get spawned outside and many times in line of fire from the enemies, that and the whole Legendary boss kill steal issue + Warzone Assault where you can capture 2 bases and force the enemy core to open and end the game in under 5 minutes.
>
> Pistol too powerful:
>
> Debatable, but it can out-shoot a BR at range too if you are good with it.
>
> Spartan abilities:
>
> Shoulder charge is rather cheap and just as bad as the double melee quick kills on prior games but it is not that bad.
>
> Campaign, not playing as master chief enough:
>
> Campaign was terrible, they advertised this big epic fight between Locke and Chief but that was reduced to a single cut scene, we are forced ot play with this new Osiris team (who are these people?) yes i get that you have tp read the books etc etc to know them but why? why am I forced to read external media to understand who this people are?
>
> And yes too little MC they should at least have made half and half mission wise.
>
> Not classic enough:
>
> No it is not, ADS, Speed, Aim acceleration, Req system this is nothing like classic Halo.
>
> Too hard:
>
> Not really if anything this is the easiest Halo (Campaign wise) so far.
>
> So yes there are legitimate complaints and feedback, if you don’t like it then get off the forums as forums are for feedback which will mostly be negative as if the game was perfect no one would be commenting on anything.
>
> Thanks to this feedback spawns are being looked on, maps will be fixed, game-types added and such, so stop blaming people for wanting a better product or at least a product that compares to older iterations of the game because as it stands Halo 5 is mediocre and lacking in content.

See it’s not your feedback people really have a problem with. I can agree it’s some of your points even though I love the game but the drama is where a lot of the confusion is happening. The game is far from mediocre. It may not be quite up to par with the original games in terms of content added but if the game was “terrible” or “trash” as some call it, I have to fault the person for continuing to play at that point for any fixes would never result in terrible going to great. Basically people don’t have a problem with feedback but calling their favorite franchise crud hurts when they themselves enjoy it. However people like me give 0 f’s and find a lot of it to be semi entertaining lol. Carry on Waypoint

Nothing wrong with a complaint as long as it is reasonable/logical and better yet provide useful info on how to fix it (least in their opinion).
As for complainers, should try visiting other forums, this one isn’t the only one plagued with them.

> 2533274974350131;1:
> Halo 5 is a great game to me, but when you look back on all the negative forums about the game, I think people have complained over EVERYTHING. You want me to prove it okay. The req system, the maps, not enough game types, warzone needing to be fixed, pistol too powerful, Spartan abilities, campaign, not playing as master chief enough, not classic enough, to difficult, you want me to go on? The point is, that some people just won’t give this game a break. How long has this game been out in stores? About 3 weeks. 343 can’t fix everything. Everyone just needs to calm down and let this go, sure I might not be able to get away from it, but I only see a few forums giving this game credit. I believe that 343 has worked hard on this game and I think it deserves some respect once in a while. Who else agrees with me?

This is a valid complaint seeing as you only play as Blue team for 3 missions out of the entire game.

I give them credit for many thing, like the beautiful cut scenes, the soundtrack, the weapons. I actually really enjoy the game despite it’s problems. But I also accept that the game has issues that they need to address. I’m sure they will, but some of the things wrong with the game shouldn’t even have been an issue at launch.

While it’s great that 343i brought in the Pros to make the multiplayer, they should have brought in a few regular gamers who do not always play to be as competitive as the Pros, but play to have fun. They should have spent more time on the Social play lists like Griftball, Infection, Oddball, etc… AT LAUNCH. Non of this “Coming Soon” stuff. Warzone, some say it’s social, some say it’s not. For me, the REQ system takes away the fun of playing and fighting to controls weapons and vehicle spawns with a larger group of players.

Also, why is the Lobby screen so bad?

I agree, but without people complaining the game would never change so it swings in roundabouts really

> 2533274802932721;13:
> > 2533274974350131;1:
> >
>
>
>
>
> Also, why is the Lobby screen so bad?

This game has a lobby? Woah…

In all seriousness the lobby in this game is utter garbage. The lobby in Halo 5 retains almost 0 functionality found in previous games. It is absolutely useless and even the post game carnage report is a shadow of its former self.

I like Halo 5. The dedicated servers are awesome. I’m eager to see where this game goes.

Essentially, every game forum is the same. There is no difference, only the subject matter changes. Go to any other game forum and look at the threads. Halo is no different. None. It the cost of having such a diverse community. Everyone has a different opinion, a different preference, and something that they like about a game. It’s just human nature. take it for what it’s worth. There will always be complaints and criticism.

Now we’re complaining about complaining. FEED THE BEAST!!! Muahahahaha

> 2533274974350131;1:

1. You’re complaining about players complaining… (ironic isn’t it?)
  2. You fail to give credit to the hundreds of threads that offer valuable criticism without putting down the game or it’s developers. (which is what we need.)