People are on the war path again... -.-

Okay, so the recent reveal of the GOTY edition of Halo 4 has caused a spark in some people and when I say spark I mean a big explosion of hate and anger towards 343i due to them releasing the so-called “exclusive” content from the limited edition and console editions of Halo 4 in the GOTY edition.

Now, I, as a limited edition owner and again being a logical person did some research before hand

Both the limited and console editions of Halo 4 CLEARLY stated that the content such as the recruit prime armor, assault rifle prime skin, prime emblem, FOTUS armor, imprint lightrifle skin and any other downloadable content included in these 2 editions were only named as UNIQUE, yes you heard me correctly… UNIQUE!

In no way does it state on either edition that the content is exclusive in anyway.

Again I have had to post something because I just keep seeing a massive, unneeded uproar within the community over a matter of not reading the small print! I made a post earlier last week clearing up the business with the champions bundle not being included with the War Games Pass because again… People couldn’t be bothered to read…

Bionic1emaster

I think this will get locked as there’s already a big discussion about it going on here:
Halo 4 GOTY Edition

Anyway, I’ll post here what I said there as I believe you’re correct and people are on the ‘war path’ yet again:

> I can’t believe this… this is meant to be something to celebrate… a Game of the Year Edition of our beloved Halo, yet it has become pages and pages of complaints.
>
> I guess I am partly guilty with my earlier post complaining about the timing (I said it should have been mentioned before the Champions Bundle went on sale just in case people who also wanted the pre-order exclusives could then make the decision to hold off buying it and wait for the GotY edition), but I’m still happy there’s a GotY edition coming out for those who want to complete their armory. Hopefully it brings new players to Halo or makes old ones return.
>
> Also, for the people saying we were lied to regarding pre-order/LE content becoming available in the future, I dug up two quotes I’d found for a post I made a long time ago here: Complete checklist of all DLC
>
> I found them because I knew bs angel had mentioned it and people were always asking whether or not it would become available in the future. I’ll quote her here for convenience:
>
>
>
> > Some of the skins, helmets, and the FOTUS armor are exclusive to various retail offers. <mark>Some</mark> of these items <mark>MAY</mark> become available to all players at a later date.
>
> Source: The Halo Bulletin: 9.5.12
>
> In reference to the exclusive in-game content that comes with the Limited Edition Console & Limited Edition Game…
>
>
>
> > While we know there are completionists that would like to have it all, it’s not unreasonable to think that we <mark>may</mark> eventually make <mark>all</mark> of the content available one day.
>
> Source: The Halo Bulletin: 7.18.12
>
> So, basically, we were told right from July last year some, or maybe even all of it, MAY be released to everyone at some point in the future. Enter… the Game of the Year edition :slight_smile:
>
> I used to copy and paste that into all the topics that were created by people complaining that they’d missed out on the content and asking if we’d ever see it released, but now that we have, we seem to have just as many people complaining that it shouldn’t be!
>
> I guess 343i are -Yoink!- if they do, -Yoink!- if they don’t.
>
> Anyway, I hope these quotes help people see they weren’t lied to.
>
> Look at it this way, the content was exclusive to those products at launch so the word exclusive was used correctly from a certain point of view.
>
> It has remained exclusive ever since so you’ve got your money’s worth in my opinion. I own it all but have moved onto the Champions Bundle skins anyway so I wouldn’t mind seeing others get them now.
>
> I think part of the problem is that people expect things to remain exclusive forever but I’m not sure if that’s realistic or fair. I guess that’s the debate this topic has turned into right now.

You made some great points in that post, people just don’t read anything these days before purchasing, they just assume that it will all be exclusive when it comes to limited/collectors editions of games.

> You made some great points in that post, people just don’t read anything these days before purchasing, they just assume that it will all be exclusive when it comes to limited/collectors editions of games.

Thanks.

BerserkWolf has posted a fair rebuttal of some of my points in the other topic. I won’t continue the discussion here as I guess this is a duplicate thread and I’m also in danger of cross-posting which I think is against forum rules, so I’ll continue the discussion there, but for the record I’m on the same side of the fence as you.

> Both the limited and console editions of Halo 4 CLEARLY stated that the content such as the recruit prime armor, assault rifle prime skin, prime emblem, FOTUS armor, imprint lightrifle skin and any other downloadable content included in these 2 editions were only named as UNIQUE, yes you heard me correctly… UNIQUE!
>
> In no way does it state on either edition that the content is exclusive in anyway.

Unique just shows that the armors should be that UNIQUE to those editions, as per definition.

1. Being the only one of its kind: the unique existing example of Donne’s handwriting.
  2. Without an equal or equivalent; unparalleled.

So not only are they Exclusive they are Unique to those editions, wait no that snot true they are now no longer Unique to those editions as they will be released with the GOTY edition of the game.

BTW there is another thread which discusses this.

Actually, I purchased my console edition from Amazon where it said this.

Source - Amazon.co.uk

When going on Xbox.com and searching for the console edition you can see this.

Source - Xbox.com

With all that being said and done, this is the description on the “What you get” tab.

> Limited Edition Halo 4 Console: Own a piece of Halo history with this custom-designed console, which includes sounds from the actual game for the power and eject buttons, as well as built in Wi-Fi for easier connection to the world of entertainment on Xbox Live. With the 320GB Hard Drive you’ll have plenty of space to store your favourite games and movies. Xbox 360 is more games, entertainment and fun.
> 2 Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 4 Wireless Controllers: This award-winning, high performance wireless controller features the Xbox Guide Button for quick, in-game access to friends and music. It has a range of up to 30 feet and comes with a rotating D-pad & Blue LED lights.
> Halo 4 Standard Edition Game: Enjoy the Halo experience with the Halo 4 game. Included in this bundle is the Standard Edition of the game to play as soon as you get home (PEGI 16).
> <mark>Unique Downloadable Content: Unicorn Armour (in-game content) and matching Avatar Armour, Forerunner Weapon Skin (in-game content), Emblem (in-game content) and an Avatar Prop.</mark>
> Exclusive Sounds: This console will have sounds from the actual Halo 4 game when you start up the console and also when you push the Eject button on the console.
> Xbox 360 320GB Hard Drive: The 320GB detachable Hard Drive allows gamers to save their games and store television shows, movies, music, pictures, trailers, levels, demos and other content available from Xbox Live Marketplace.
> Xbox 360 Headset (black): This headset lets gamers strategise or trade taunts while playing games and send voice messages to friends on Xbox Live.
> Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable: Maximise your Xbox 360 picture quality on standard-definition televisions using this S-Video connection for noticeable image improvement over traditional composite connecters.

From what I see, that’s two places that have listed this as Exclusive and I’m sure many other websites have too. The point I’m trying to make is that Microsoft may have unintentionally mislead people into buying the console under the impression that they’re going to get something exclusive in the box.

Am I upset that FOTUS is going to be included in this GOTY edition? Yes, and rightly so. I paid money for the console and everything that came in the box which was advertised to me as EXCLUSIVE CONTENT.

But am I going to scream at 343 until I can get my own way? God no, it’s pixels on your screen people. Remember that.

As someone who purchased both the LE game and console, I would like to state that after giving it some thought I’m not bothered by this.

While I do think the FOTUS should remain exclusive to owners of the LE console, I think it being offered inside the GOTY Halo is a small price to pay for a boost in population, and more players owning the DLC.

To make everyone happy I think 343 should do something similar to what they did with the specializations code. Figure out which players have been actively playing since launch, or players that own all the DLC already, and offer them the extra content for free.

Well, False Advertisement is misleading advertisement in anything other than the labeling on the package. And in One of the Halo Waypoint bulletins, it did say the limited edition skins and armour, were “exclusive”. If you look through the massive thread I’m sure you guys will find the link.

> I think this will get locked as there’s already a big discussion about it going on here:
> Halo 4 GOTY Edition

You should have bet money. You would have made it rich :wink:

But yes, let’s keep all GOTY discussion to the active thread on the forums already.

You know what? I don’t even care any people say or think anymore on these forums.
All you ever see is “oh I’m mad at 343” “oh I can’t forgive 343” “oh 343 you’re the worst”.
Its so normal for people to cry and complain literally every single day on these forums, you just have learn to not acknowledge them and ignore.
So many people feel sorry for themselves, it’s ridiculous.
343 is trying their hardest to keep this game going, and in my opinion they’re doing great. People need to take a step back and realize this is just a video game.
343 are addressing so many matters, obviously they care. People just need to stop finding the smallest reasons to complain.

In my opinion 343, you’re doing a great job so far.
I’m a happy customer since the beginning.