People and K/D

Recently, I got hazed by a guy with a high K/D (like 5/2 or something) while mine is average more or less. First, I KNEW my K/D would be average the second I bought the game the day it came out. I KNEW I wasn’t going to stand out.

Call me and this post whatever you want, because I don’t care. Just like I could care less how many kills you have per death. IT. IS. A. GAME.

So I believe this sums up my emotions about K/D and the people (if any are reading) who DO care about it.

How I Feel about Halo 4 K/D

In the menu, set your voice preferences to teammates only. That immediately cuts in half your chances of hearing obnoxious players.

Then, once you identify someone who could possibly be the verbally abusive type, just mute him. Don’t hesitate, don’t give him a chance, just mute him.

Lastly, just like you don’t care about their K/D, they don’t care that their verbal abuse bothers you. So don’t waste your effort on trying to argue with them, reason with them, or post about them.

Why are you so buttblasted to start a thread? Halo isn’t about k/d, it’s about teamwork. Sure there’s great players out there with amazing k/d’s but if the team is uncoordinated then it won’t amount to much at the end of it. Just don’t let it get to you.

I understand there is great teamwork. What I don’t like are people who belittle others, verbally or via chat, over a meaningless thing like K/D ratio. To be quite honest there shouldn’t even BE a K/D ratio setting.

And I DON’T let it get to me. I just wanted to post this let players out there that it isn’t important. At all.

> I just wanted to post this let players out there that it isn’t important. At all.

On the flip side, the only people who say “K/D doesn’t matter” are people who don’t have good K/Ds.

Of course K/D isn’t the only thing that matters, but it does matter. It especially matters in Slayer modes because K/D is a direct indication of how much you helped or hindered your team.

Do not worry about the low lives that try to bring you down to their level for their own satisfaction. Just mute and move on.

I care about my K/D and its a way that I judge what I am doing right or wrong and where my strengths and weaknesses are. The experience that you went through doesn’t reflect everyone who has a high K/D or cares about their K/D.

A few weeks ago I matched up against a party and their K/D’s were between 3 and 5 and my team took a beating within a couple minutes of playing. I can only say that nobody in that party spoke a word, they came in did what they did and moved on. Now if they did say anything I think most of my teammates including myself would have quit which in turn makes them not worthy of their K/D. My opinion of that individual regardless of their K/D would be that this person is basically a …( I only wish I could say this)…

Who on earth would call another player out on their k/d in a lobby? That is just ridiculous. It’s like an inheritor in Reach making fun of lower ranked players: meaningless. I bet that player who said those things wouldn’t stand a chance against real good players, then we’d see how his ‘amazing k/d’ goes lol

> I understand there is great teamwork. What I don’t like are people who belittle others, verbally or via chat, over a meaningless thing like K/D ratio. To be quite honest there shouldn’t even BE a K/D ratio setting.

I personally like having a record of my stats and how well or badly I’ve done in a game. To me, there’s no point in trying to do well in the game if you can’t see how good you are at the end of the day.

And, in Slayer game types, your k/d is the ONLY thing that matters. Its a direct representation of how good you are. But, I don’t usually make fun of anyone over their k/d or tell them how bad they are if they’re negative. After all, it is just a video game. And I’m not really good enough to call anyone out anyways.

If it makes you feel any better, your K/D is considerably better than mine. I’m terrible and I know it. I keep voice chat turned off so I don’t have to listen to any crap about it.

But at least I do try and contribute; I want to bash my head against a wall every time I get a group with people who just stand there and do nothing all match, or run around firing blindly into the air, or betray the rest of the team for laughs… I just don’t understand some of these people.

K/D ratio’s aren’t always an accurate representation of someone’s gameplay. I consider myself to be fairly good at arena style competitive Halo and I’ve found it is easier to judge by favorite weapon, win-loss ratio and kill death ratio. Someone with near a 1.0 who has won 80% of their games and primarily uses the battle rifle clearly knows how to be a team player. Whereas someone with a 3.0 who primarily uses the DMR or Lightrifle and has only won 55%-60% of their games is a lot less intimidating. I personally don’t have good Halo stats because I allowed my brother to use my account for Halo 4. He left me with a -10,000 K/D ratio of .73 and a win ratio of 38%. I now have a 1.6 with a win ratio of 49%. Basically, you never know who will be on the other end of the controller. Go into every game with the desire to win and if you work with your teammates, you will most likely have a good time. I recommend finding a good doubles partner to rely on in the Doubles playlist if you’re playing H4, simply because the majority of the idiots who play are located in BTB and Team Slayer. Most of the competitive players have left, those who are left play Rumble pit, doubles or customs. I’m leaving you with 9 words of wisdom, “Keep Calm, and wait for the Master Chief Collection.” :slight_smile:

I care about K/D, but I won’t rub it in someone’s face.

> Who on earth would call another player out on their k/d in a lobby? That is just ridiculous. It’s like an inheritor in Reach making fun of lower ranked players: meaningless. I bet that player who said those things wouldn’t stand a chance against real good players, then we’d see how his ‘amazing k/d’ goes lol

It makes them feel better that they have a better K/D ratio.

Is OP mad?

U know, unfortunately almost everyone can obtain a high k/d in h4 by using various exploits.
Like playing objective gametypes while ignoring the objective, backing out of lobbies, playing only with skilled teammates etc.
I’ve noticed that in h4 and also in halo reach there a quite many pitiful niminy piminy kd gawks.
These ppl with a ridiculously high kd don’t really bother me, you’ll find out that players who play only ts and are still able to hold something like 1,5 are WAY better than those statters who would immediately back out when encountering advanced players.

K/D just says so little about a players skill, especially in h4, so just relax+feel free to use the mute option.

The important thing to mention is that people back out from lobby because K/D is visible instead of CSR.

For example, when I’m searching in Team Doubles with someone good, my opponents see my 160000 kills/75000 deaths, then that my teammate might be a decent player too and often back out. But when i’m searching with a friend that has a bad K/D, those same guys suddenly don’t backout…
It takes almost 20 minutes to find a game in that playlist because of the visible K/D.

I was taking the example of Team Doubles because it is the most annoying one. But of course, it happens also in other playlists.

> The important thing to mention is that people back out from lobby because K/D is visible instead of CSR.
>
> For example, when I’m searching in Team Doubles with someone good, my opponents see my 160000 kills/75000 deaths, then that my teammate might be a decent player too and often back out. But when i’m searching with a friend that has a bad K/D, those same guys suddenly don’t backout…
> It takes almost 20 minutes to find a game in that playlist because of the visible K/D.
>
> I was taking the example of Team Doubles because it is the most annoying one. But of course, it happens also in other playlists.

The same thing happens to me when I search in Grif. People see a large number of kills and backout without even trying first.

I dislike how K/D ratio is available in the lobby before the game but someones Win record is nowhere to be seen. I’ve had countless KoH, Oddball, Flag games that my team wins cause we play to win, only to after the game have some dip-nut start spewing out trash saying we are garbage cause we went negative and they just sat back and cherry picked kills. But since Halo doesn’t show someones Win percentage the only way to judge someone is by quickly looking up their K/D. Anyway, I can’t WAIT for Halo MCC where if you win you rank up, you loose, you go down. (At least, since they say it’ll be similar to Halo 2’s rank, I can only speculate…)

Mine is about…