Penalties For Farming Achilles Armor

I very much believe there should be a penalty system for the groups of players and spartan companies who get away with drastic and extreme farming in Arena and Warzone. People get into matches of Warzone that last 40 minutes because the opposing team camps at the base spawns and refuses to let players through. There is also the situations of camping in Arena maps in SWAT like Coliseum where the Blue Team spawns can be camped just by sitting back in the cave side edges in the line of sight of the spawns, racking up headshots the moment players spawn until the spawn system kicks them to the other side of the map.

These players are ruining the gameplay experience for everyone. I know 343 Industries has “claimed” they are doing something to solve the problem, but this obviously isn’t going to be implemented until the next update, or anytime after that. They’ve even saw the statistics of how extreme farming was going on before and after the armor was introduced into the game.

A solution? Make a penalty system for these players sporting highly unsporting behavior, do not let it be like Halo: Reach, when players with a decent connection host could farm for Inheritor in Grifball, causing K/D to go into the -100’s. If anything, strip them of their achievements or armor and revert their ranks to a stage before they started farming extremely. Perhaps even deny them of the Achilles armor for such unsporting behavior! And yes, this is clearly 343 Industries fault, I’m aware of that. There should be fail safes in games that make getting around the farming so people don’t watch their K/D drop before their eyes.

Players should be earning these things legitimately, and by legitimately I mean taking the time to actually earn them, in a way that is mutually fair to the other players in the game, whether they’re a team that’s organized or not. Anyone here remember Halo 3 back in the day, going through Hell and back to earn Recon through the Vidmaster Challenges? What happened to playing and working hard for that? That was the most rewarding feeling to earn that armor, when I did it on my old account. That was fun and worth the efforts. Now people can just ruin everyone else’s fun to get something in a fourth of the time in the most unfair way possible. It should be taking months to earn this armor, not no time at all.

You may say it’s unfair to punish the farming players like that, but it’s removing the bad players who make the gameplay experience for everyone bad, or simply teaching them a lesson for doing something they shouldn’t. I don’t see such things happening, but it should be something to consider.

343i are game devs. I pay them to provide me with entertainment. Not for them to be my parent and teach me lessons.

A bit extreme and you’ll never see it happen.

I have not played this season, so I have not seen it first hand, but, are the players breaking any ToS ? If not how can they be punished ? If they are, fine let the banhammer loose, or whatever else they deem fit.

> 2533274847916490;2:
> 343i are game devs. I pay them to provide me with entertainment. Not for them to be my parent and teach me lessons.

Amen. People are so soft lately. I understand that it can get drastic sometimes, but get over it. you spent 60$ on the game. 343 already has your money, they arent gonna do a damn thing because your unhappy.

Farming is a way of playing.
Why is everyone so whiney about being killed these days.

> 2533274873630868;6:
> Farming is a way of playing.
> Why is everyone so whiney about being killed these days.

There’s a difference with being killed, and being killed non stop and not being able to move from the spawn point. Maybe you would like to join the victims to see how it feels?

> 2533274973685362;7:
> > 2533274873630868;6:
> > Farming is a way of playing.
> > Why is everyone so whiney about being killed these days.
>
>
> There’s a difference with being killed, and being killed non stop and not being able to move from the spawn point. Maybe you would like to join the victims to see how it feels?

They should fix it, but I don’t feel like people who do it should be penalized.

If you don’t like being farmed for kills, then just quit and play another game. Matching up against a farming team is rare, you wont get a matchmaking ban for quitting in 1 out of 50 games.

> 2533274884686224;9:
> If you don’t like being farmed for kills, then just quit and play another game. Matching up against a farming team is rare, you wont get a matchmaking ban for quitting in 1 out of 50 games.

It’s a lot more frequent for some. Just the other week I had 6-7 matches straight of farming. Haven’t had a farming match against me for a couple of days now but they are never fun games.

• Find out what companies are doing - Create a post calling them out - Get other vitims to join - ??? - Prophet

> 2533274922964546;11:
> - Find out what companies are doing
> - Create a post calling them out
> - Get other vitims to join
> - ???
> - Prophet

No please don’t do this. It’s against the rules to call out other users and that also extends to Spartan Companies. We’re not condoning or promoting witch hunts here

> 2533274922964546;11:
> - Find out what companies are doing
> - Create a post calling them out
> - Get other vitims to join
> - ???
> - Prophet

Are we getting Truth, Mercy or Regret?

> 2533274813317074;12:
> > 2533274922964546;11:
> > - Find out what companies are doing
> > - Create a post calling them out
> > - Get other vitims to join
> > - ???
> > - Prophet
>
>
> No please don’t do this. It’s against the rules to call out other users and that also extends to Spartan Companies. We’re not condoning or promoting witch hunts here

hey moderator…**April Fools!**was hoping one of you would catch this.

> 2533274840503992;13:
> > 2533274922964546;11:
> > - Find out what companies are doing
> > - Create a post calling them out
> > - Get other vitims to join
> > - ???
> > - Prophet
>
>
> Are we getting Truth, Mercy or Regret?

All three new Wz bosses with elite guards

Honestly I just smell a pile of BKs that just don’t understand a play style. If you want to limit farming just tell 343i to enable the system that grants you drastic EXP and RP boosts for finishing games quick.

It’s so much more fun playing a Warzone match that lasts 10-13min than just crushing the other team 1000- under 100 in under 5 min every time.

Even though I consider it a cheap tactic, I don’t think the game needs to punish them. If you want them punished, beat them. Same goes for guys stat padding CTF games, camping, spawn killing in slayer, ect ect. I’ll get more satisfaction beating their -Yoink- next game after getting pissed rather than the game take action for me.

> 2533274807054874;16:
> Honestly I just smell a pile of BKs that just don’t understand a play style. If you want to limit farming just tell 343i to enable the system that grants you drastic EXP and RP boosts for finishing games quick.
>
> It’s so much more fun playing a Warzone match that lasts 10-13min than just crushing the other team 1000- under 100 in under 5 min every time.

Amen

> 2533274849818816;18:
> > 2533274807054874;16:
> > Honestly I just smell a pile of BKs that just don’t understand a play style. If you want to limit farming just tell 343i to enable the system that grants you drastic EXP and RP boosts for finishing games quick.
> >
> > It’s so much more fun playing a Warzone match that lasts 10-13min than just crushing the other team 1000- under 100 in under 5 min every time.
>
>
> Amen

See, I enjoy Warzone matches that last that long, it’s fun to work up to high tier REQ levels and using the weapons. However, there’s many groups who farm and the matches end up lasting for 40 minutes because those players toy with everyone. That -1000 to 100 is highly unfair when they do that. And some will say “you only get into those matches on rare occasion”, I however come across those kinds of matches 3 or more times per session of Warzone that I play. I play Halo maybe one or two times a week for roughly two-four hours per session because I play more than Warzone. So such things are frustrating. It sucks to be stuck in matches like that that don’t even leave a high RP payout in the end, at the cost of people just farming.

I can’t imagine being so disorganized and uncoordinated that I would get ‘farmed’ multiple time a DAY?!.

I think something can be said for not being a good team in this case.

One guy said 6-7 times a night, another 3-4 times a session; I mean are you guys running with a crew or just hopping-on random?