Pelicans in forge

i’ve seen quite a few people saying that pelicans, (and other badass vehicles) would be a bad idea

but likewise, i’ve seen quite a bunch of people (myself included) that would DIE for these vehicles.

here are some reasons

Pro’s;

• would Make coustom games REALLY awesome
    -most people would just fool around with them, with a few freinds
  • Epic Machinimas
    -just plain awesome

Con’s;

-big netcode would make a game with more than say, six people a HELL of lag

• easy kills if it was in MM ( 16 people in one pelican? seriosly?)

give your reasons

seriosly? no one?

I have only one response. Don’t let Carter fly… ever.

> I have only one response. Don’t let Carter fly… ever.

funny,

KAME`KAZE!

lol

but i’m being serious

There were pelicans in halo custom edition on the pc. I loved the maps with them on it. I wasn’t a bad pilot. Pelicans have my support.

They are probably saving pelicans for halo 6 lol

i woud seriously love to see pelicans in the game. Would be really fun and would add another aspect to the game. and ofc if you add pelicans you must add either the spirit or phantom (or both). I would love to see them tho, would make the game funner.

And make spawnable Smaller Gauss Turrets…

I am in for pelicans and phantoms :smiley: and mabe even immobile scarabs

Pelicans and Phantoms and Scarabs, oh my.

Did you know Reach was supposed to release just last June rather than in September of last year? That’s why the game has so many bugs and glitches. The game is completely unfinished. You know the Pelican and Phantom Easter Eggs? Those were supposed to be fully drivable vehicles in Multiplayer. There was also supposed to be much more things. Such as Firefight Forge, more gametypes like VIP from Halo 3, and more options within the game. The game was forced to be released early from Bungie because Microsoft wanted the game to be released during the Holiday for more money.

> Did you know Reach was supposed to release just last June rather than in September of last year? That’s why the game has so many bugs and glitches. The game is completely unfinished. You know the Pelican and Phantom Easter Eggs? Those were supposed to be fully drivable vehicles in Multiplayer. There was also supposed to be much more things. Such as Firefight Forge, more gametypes like VIP from Halo 3, and more options within the game. The game was forced to be released early from Bungie because Microsoft wanted the game to be released during the Holiday for more money.

So thats why it had that Halo 2 smell. (No dis on halo 2 but it too was an unfinished game)

Hopfully 343 has the time, man power, budget, and our wish list for halo 4.
But hope there is a fly-able/forge-able pelicans, phantoms, and a drive-able/forge-able scarab.

> Did you know Reach was supposed to release just last June rather than in September of last year? That’s why the game has so many bugs and glitches. The game is completely unfinished. You know the Pelican and Phantom Easter Eggs? Those were supposed to be fully drivable vehicles in Multiplayer. There was also supposed to be much more things. Such as Firefight Forge, more gametypes like VIP from Halo 3, and more options within the game. The game was forced to be released early from Bungie because Microsoft wanted the game to be released during the Holiday for more money.

You talk so much Sheet.

> > Did you know Reach was supposed to release just last June rather than in September of last year? That’s why the game has so many bugs and glitches. The game is completely unfinished. You know the Pelican and Phantom Easter Eggs? Those were supposed to be fully drivable vehicles in Multiplayer. There was also supposed to be much more things. Such as Firefight Forge, more gametypes like VIP from Halo 3, and more options within the game. The game was forced to be released early from Bungie because Microsoft wanted the game to be released during the Holiday for more money.
>
> You talk so much Sheet.

Why thank you 5th grader. I enjoy being pushed around by 10 year old.

> > Did you know Reach was supposed to release just last June rather than in September of last year? That’s why the game has so many bugs and glitches. The game is completely unfinished. You know the Pelican and Phantom Easter Eggs? Those were supposed to be fully drivable vehicles in Multiplayer. There was also supposed to be much more things. Such as Firefight Forge, more gametypes like VIP from Halo 3, and more options within the game. The game was forced to be released early from Bungie because Microsoft wanted the game to be released during the Holiday for more money.
>
> So thats why it had that Halo 2 smell. (No dis on halo 2 but it too was an unfinished game)
>
> Hopfully 343 has the time, man power, budget, and our wish list for halo 4.
> But hope there is a fly-able/forge-able pelicans, phantoms, and a drive-able/forge-able scarab.

I completely agree with you except for the whole scarab thing. Honestly, a scarab in multiplayer would be kind of overpowering. But don’t get me wrong on this, it would be really -Yoinking!- awesome to see. It just seems like something that wouldn’t be in MM in any way, shape or form. It would probably be something just for fun kind of like the Gauss Warthog in Reach right now.

> > > Did you know Reach was supposed to release just last June rather than in September of last year? That’s why the game has so many bugs and glitches. The game is completely unfinished. You know the Pelican and Phantom Easter Eggs? Those were supposed to be fully drivable vehicles in Multiplayer. There was also supposed to be much more things. Such as Firefight Forge, more gametypes like VIP from Halo 3, and more options within the game. The game was forced to be released early from Bungie because Microsoft wanted the game to be released during the Holiday for more money.
> >
> > You talk so much Sheet.
>
> Why thank you 5th grader. I enjoy being pushed around by 10 year old.

I’m a 10th grader so… I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking.

Id say if the maps and fights were this big, then I’d like a pelican :slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zgtKW2W9dI&feature=related

I’m against it. Aside from the few “cool” values of aspiring machinima directors that will never make anything big, or the ability to just fly a Pelican; there isn’t much point. Maps would need to become much larger to support them in any sort of play, forcing players to use vehicles. Balance issues are an obvious choice against them, too.

inb4 someone says something along the lines of “They will be limited to customs, so it doesn’t matter.”

> I’m against it. Aside from the few “cool” values of aspiring machinima directors that will never make anything big, or the ability to just fly a Pelican; there isn’t much point. Maps would need to become much larger to support them in any sort of play, forcing players to use vehicles. Balance issues are an obvious choice against them, too.
>
> inb4 someone says something along the lines of “They will be limited to customs, so it doesn’t matter.”

Your just a downer, pelicans would be great fun, they don’t NEED to be in matchmaking so there is no reason not to have it.

> > I’m against it. Aside from the few “cool” values of aspiring machinima directors that will never make anything big, or the ability to just fly a Pelican; there isn’t much point. Maps would need to become much larger to support them in any sort of play, forcing players to use vehicles. Balance issues are an obvious choice against them, too.
> >
> > inb4 someone says something along the lines of “They will be limited to customs, so it doesn’t matter.”
>
> Your just a downer, pelicans would be great fun, they don’t NEED to be in matchmaking so there is no reason not to have it.

The Falcon and Hornet have been just fine for me. I play customs a lot, I hate going into a lobby and having to play dumb gametypes. Pelicans and the like would just ruin my experience.

Is there any need for a vehicle that houses an entire team in a mostly-enclosed area, the vehicle also can fly?

> I’m against it. Aside from the few “cool” values of aspiring machinima directors that will never make anything big, or the ability to just fly a Pelican; there isn’t much point. Maps would need to become much larger to support them in any sort of play, forcing players to use vehicles. Balance issues are an obvious choice against them, too.
>
> inb4 someone says something along the lines of “They will be limited to customs, so it doesn’t matter.”

But if they have pelicans in halo 4 forge it’s what would make halo, well halo.

The pelican is such an icon (not exuding the phantom or the spirit) just being able to fly them in halo reach’s campaign is so much fun, in till halo 4.