Pelicans and phatoms

does anyone else want to use pelicans and phatoms in multiplayer or to put them in your forge map? (btw i have done the glitch at new alexandria but not with a banshee and i want to fly a Phatom with out doing all the switches)

Pelicans and Phantoms has now become a Halo fan ideas cliche. Eventually I do see them mountable because of the want of the community. Very unlikely to be in Reach though.

so when do you believe we are will be able to pilot them is my main question? i would love to pilot them in the next game if possible

yes i also want A.I. on my maps because that would be awesome

I’d love to. how is it done?

when you get the phantom be careful because its really fast, so be sure not to touch any buildings because the phantom goes through them and it will kill you. which over all will just ruin ur fun lol

i would love A.I. on my Maps, they could make an updata which allows us to salect what we want (E.G. Gurnts, spirts dropships. etc…) on the editor mode and drag and drop a spawn point for that A.I. anywere we want on our maps.

if this is possable i hope that bungie or who ever can do this, will see this and try to get to work on it ASPA even if we had to pay for it for like 1200 MS points.

Along with those two, I also want AI and drivable Spirits and Transport Hogs.

That and a scarab.

I would love to see the phantom and pelicans in forge.

why not be able to make our own mission in forge with all the stuff you see in the campaign that would be a good idea for the people who like making up stories

> I would love to see the phantom and pelicans in forge.

At the very least, the next DLC maps could have a “Pelican” as an object, not a vehicle. It would be really cool to simply have a Pelican in a multiplayer map, even if it wasn’t able to be flown and could be simply placed as decoration. Oh, the amount of cool invasion maps that could be created…

> > I would love to see the phantom and pelicans in forge.
>
> At the very least, the next DLC maps could have a “Pelican” as an object, not a vehicle. It would be really cool to simply have a Pelican in a multiplayer map, even if it wasn’t able to be flown and could be simply placed as decoration. Oh, the amount of cool invasion maps that could be created…

This.

There is no good reason why the pelican, phantom and scarab weren’t included in the Halo Reach Forge. Bungie always limits the potential for the Halo games. The pelican and the phantom are usable in the campaign(easter egg) so why not include them in forge just for the fans?

There are so many things in campaign that should have been in forge, like the drivable trucks, forklift, that other small truck at the start of the ONI mission, the transport hog, the transport falcon with nose turret, the falcon with grenade launchers, the AA shade, the fuel rod shade.

But honestly, fans have been begging to have pelicans for multiplayer since Halo CE and bungie refuses to listen. And they don’t have to be in MM for balance purposes but they can just be in forge and custom games.

I’m really hoping that 343 listens to fans and i’m hoping they do well with their Halo games.

I would like to see Phantoms and Pelicans but I wouldn’t want them to have the same strength as they did in the Campaign. Maybe if they became troop tranport but you could put the spawns inside them and give them a specific route as well as drop off points and after a certain amount of time if you stood in a certain area which you have set down you would be automatically transported to the inside.

Yes please. Seeing as how there are nearly complete flyable pelicans and phantoms in the campaign (new alexandria) I’m surprised they aren’t in forge already. Regardless, I would love to see them included. You could make some really cool “space battle” maps with them.

okey people calm down for a minute and take a breath. first of all we need to think for a second about this. vehicals are in multiplayer due to the ammount of people in a game. thats why right now we dont have something like the pelican avalibal because of how big it is and it can carry everybody in a team. and also think about this for a second, if we did get them how would we destroy the vehicals? they would probobly have to get nerfed to a little bit above the falcons health. all im saying is right now it’s unlikely in reach BUT on the next gen xbox with better XBL so we can have more people in a game it’s more likely to happen.

as for the scarab and other vehicals, scarab is just to big and powerfull so i doubt it would get put in. troop transport on the other hand could get put in but only if the next maps after defiant map pack are really big.

what im trying to say is you need to wait for the right time to add in vehicals. pelican and phantom i want as much as everybody else however i doubt they will get into reach. but it’s more than likely they will be in a future halo game as well as the troop transport. scarab i can never see happening though because it is just to big.

> okey people calm down for a minute and take a breath. first of all we need to think for a second about this. vehicals are in multiplayer due to the ammount of people in a game. thats why right now we dont have something like the pelican avalibal because of how big it is and it can carry everybody in a team. and also think about this for a second, if we did get them how would we destroy the vehicals? they would probobly have to get nerfed to a little bit above the falcons health. all im saying is right now it’s unlikely in reach BUT on the next gen xbox with better XBL so we can have more people in a game it’s more likely to happen.
>
> as for the scarab and other vehicals, scarab is just to big and powerfull so i doubt it would get put in. troop transport on the other hand could get put in but only if the next maps after defiant map pack are really big.
>
> what im trying to say is you need to wait for the right time to add in vehicals. pelican and phantom i want as much as everybody else however i doubt they will get into reach. but it’s more than likely they will be in a future halo game as well as the troop transport. scarab i can never see happening though because it is just to big.

You make some very good points and yes, the scarab is a bit much, but these vehicles would best be included only for forge and not used in matchmaking. They would be good to have for the same reason civilian vehicles would be good for forge, just because they’d be fun for custom maps and games even if not entirely practical.

If this ever happened a lot of code would probably have to be re-written. In modded version of Halo that I have seen on YouTube, I have noticed that when you jump out of a Pelican it would spin a lot and be almost impossible to get into. I am sure it is still the case in Reach due to the Pelican disappearing when you hop out of it.

There would also have to be new lines of code to properly allow someone to get in the back of Pelican and the turret as well.

Also, it would have to be on a newer map because the Pelican is probably not inside the map file for Forge world. It might be, but I highly doubt it.

It would be a challenge. Although, if 343i ever considers this, I am sure they can pull it off.

What about unique multiplayer battles unlike any other. For example arm the bomb in the scarab. Or scarab vs Unsc battle, Phantom vs Pelican, i could keep on going. But the community doesnt like my spamming soooo…