Pelican vehicle as a free DLC?

Now I know for a fact that we have wanted a useable pelican In halo multiplayer for a while and I think its about time we get one. What do you think?

So you want more DLC and you want it to be free?

The pelican doesn’t make sense for multiplayer, it’s simply too big for even the largest map in Halo 4.

It would be useable. Have you seen the size of forge island? Heck even Impact would be good.

Forge island.

No. I don’t think it’s about time we get one simply because we want it.

It’s easy to say that it’d be cool and fun to have it in multiplayer but try considering the balance issues the map sizes and probably even lag.

The Pelican in Multiplayer sounds cool, but it’s one of the worst ideas ever.

Also, for those folks talking about it being in Forge World, it’s pointless for 343 to put the time into it just to have it exclusive to one map…

I really don’t know why it’s so difficult for people to understand why this won’t ever happen.

> No. I don’t think it’s about time we get one simply because we want it.
>
> It’s easy to say that it’d be cool and fun to have it in multiplayer but try considering the balance issues the map sizes and probably even lag.
>
> The Pelican in Multiplayer sounds cool, but it’s one of the worst ideas ever.
>
> Also, for those folks talking about it being in Forge World, it’s pointless for 343 to put the time into it just to have it exclusive to one map…
>
> I really don’t know why it’s so difficult for people to understand why this won’t ever happen.

Lag/map size/balance shouldn’t be an issue, this has been done many years ago in Halo PC.

Not really, it’s pretty freaking awesome when you’re piloting one.

Was it pointless to have Killballs, Golf Clubs, and lights on Sandbox in Halo 3?

Fans already did it, it’s completely doable and with the resources 343 has it shouldn’t be an issue.

Honestly what would it be used for? Give it offensive capabilities and it would be too overpowered. Use it for support it would be overpowered.

> Was it pointless to have Killballs, Golf Clubs, and lights on Sandbox in Halo 3?

Apples and oranges. Those things were actually useful in custom games and on a few MM maps.

Just ask yourself, would adding a Pelican to BTB really benefit the gameplay?

> I really don’t know why it’s so difficult for people to understand why this won’t ever happen.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Because so many people on here have no idea what it takes to put these games together. Every ‘I want descope put back’ or ‘hurry up and fix this or that’ thread is just another whiny pain in the -Yoink- who couldn’t program anything in a million years, yet thinks all 343 has to do is snap their fingers and it’s done.

The best is when people claim ‘they could do it they’re just lazy.’ An entitled brat thinks that way and this forum is full of them.

It’s definitely a fun idea, but it just wouldn’t work unless it was exclusive to Forge Island…which I doubt would be fun to use online like that anyway.

I’d rather just have Hornets, Falcons, or Hawks. Smaller aircraft that make sense for Halo’s playstyle. I don’t think a Pelican would fit for anything but Campaign.

The Pelican would only work on Forge Island, but even then, it wouldn’t be balanced. There’s nothing they could do to the Pelican that wouldn’t make it either OP or just the same as the Hornet/Falcon.