pelican drops in btb

anyone else think this game is way too frugal with vehicle spawns? I’m not at all a fan of the pelican flying down and occasionally dropping a vehicle, encouraging everyone to clutter around it for their chance to use one. its 12v12 and vehicles are way more disposable in infinite with all their new hardcounters. they should be spawning with the same frequency as they did in heavies.

How quick do the Mongoose and Warthog spawn at base? I feel like it felt fine, but there was a lot going on to explore and do.

I think less vehicles makes the game mode variety better too. More vehicles would make Total Control absolutely rubbish.

Well, I’m not sure about having them spawn as frequently as Heavies - thought I would love Heavies to be in Infinite - but I know what you mean. I don’t know why we get Ghosts & Warthogs dropped in, they should just spawn as standard (and the Warthog already does! If you’re gunna drop us some vehicles, at least give us something new). I’m guessing though it’s because they don’t want to reveal any new vehicles, so they’re just there as a placeholder. But yeah, I would like some more vehicle-focus maps with more vehicles - especially because of the increased team size.

Halo 3:
>Tank Spawns
>Every player who can see it, and thinks they can get to it first, rushes to take it
>One player drives off in the tank, the rest experience loss in their own way

Halo Infinite:
>Pelican inbound with scorpion
>Every player who can see it, and thinks they can get to it first, rushes to take it
>One player drives off in the tank, the rest experience loss in their own way

I prefer the infinite option because it looks cool, and you get a heads up that it’s coming
but…
I would like the drop area to be behind the base, where you’re less likely to get hit by enemies as you’re climbing in to the vehicle.

> 2533274953195665;1:
> I’m not … a fan of the pelican … dropping a vehicle, encouraging everyone to clutter around it for their chance to use one.

Incentivizing players to come together and fight over weapons / vehicles / equipment / objectives is just good PvP design. Pelican drops are about three games overdue.

If the argument is that their should be more vehicles, I’d agree. They feel sparse despite warthogs and mongoose being readily available. Perhaps what is actually needed is more access to smaller vehicles on map, and heavier weighting for heavy vehicles in pelican drops. But that’s all something 343 can figure out via telemetry.

> 2533274816257608;4:
> Halo 3:
> >Tank Spawns
> >Every player who can see it, and thinks they can get to it first, rushes to take it
> >One player drives off in the tank, the rest experience loss in their own way
>
> Halo Infinite:
> >Pelican inbound with scorpion
> >Every player who can see it, and thinks they can get to it first, rushes to take it
>
> I prefer the infinite option because it looks cool, and you get a heads up that it’s coming
> but…
> I would like the drop area to be behind the base, where you’re less likely to get hit by enemies as you’re climbing in to the vehicle.

When you put it that way. I prefer the Halo Infinite way.
But I like the Pelican spawns usually you’re closer to the action so you don’t run all the way back for a vehicle spawn.

Imagine having both. A vehicle spawned on base only at the beginning of the match but the rest are pelican drops. That would be cool.

I like the concept, but maybe with a few tweaks. I think the pelican should only drop off the more powerful vehicles (Tanks, rocket hog, banshee, wasp). The Hog and ghost should spawn by default on fragmentation and a little more frequently. I’m assuming every map will have a different mix, but a pelican drop should force teams to focus on protecting their assets since it is telegraphed that these drops are incoming.

Side note: the banshee needs to be buffed to put it back on top as a powerful vehicle.

i think, the same amount of vehicles but less power weapons

> 2533274816257608;4:
> Halo 3:
> >Tank Spawns
>
> Halo Infinite:
> >Pelican inbound with scorpion
>
> I prefer the infinite option because it looks cool, and you get a heads up that it’s coming
> but…
> I would like the drop area to be behind the base, where you’re less likely to get hit by enemies as you’re climbing in to the vehicle.

yes, the drop should be at/behind the base. The Drop idea is cool, but doesn’t feel thought-out tbh. It’s too chaotic and random. I’m not a passionate vehicle guy, but i feel a little bit bad for the those who are.

> 2533274807814041;6:
> > 2533274816257608;4:
> > Halo 3:
> > >Tank Spawns
> > >Every player who can see it, and thinks they can get to it first, rushes to take it
> > >One player drives off in the tank, the rest experience loss in their own way
> >
> > Halo Infinite:
> > >Pelican inbound with scorpion
> > >Every player who can see it, and thinks they can get to it first, rushes to take it
> > >One player drives off in the tank, the rest experience loss in their own way
> >
> > I prefer the infinite option because it looks cool, and you get a heads up that it’s coming
> > but…
> > I would like the drop area to be behind the base, where you’re less likely to get hit by enemies as you’re climbing in to the vehicle.
>
> When you put it that way. I prefer the Halo Infinite way.
> But I like the Pelican spawns usually you’re closer to the action so you don’t run all the way back for a vehicle spawn.
>
> Imagine having both. A vehicle spawned on base only at the beginning of the match but the rest are pelican drops. That would be cool.

This would be the perfect combination. Imagine dropping into BTB and two pelicans instantly flank your spawn location with a tank and banshee, BUT those are 1 time spawns and from then forward it is a single pelican dropping Heavy Vehicles a bit further toward the battlefield so that the action keeps going.

There definitely needs to be more vehicles that spawn and a faster rate of vehicle drops. One idea I have is to have vehicle spawners that are inactive until a certain point in the match, maybe even an air one on the beam tower if there is room anywhere. Another is to upgrade the existing vehicle spawners mid match, if that’s even possible.

I think this new format completely takes away strategy from BTB. For example H3 BTB has so many vehicles and power weapons available from the start that so many play styles and strategies can be accommodated from the beginning of the match. So far in Infinite’s BTB we get a Hog and Mongoose at the start. Most power weapons are locked in the vaults or are delivered randomly via Pelican drops. And we don’t get a Scorpion until the last few minutes of gameplay provided all the Ghosts that were delivered got used and destroyed (not certain about this but that’s how it appears). I know this is just AR BTB. Not heavies. But even AR and Precision BTB have more variety in H3 than Infinite’s BTB. With how sparse heavy/power and precision weapons are. How few light vehicles we get from the start. Seemingly random weapons drops. There’s no grand strategy involved anymore than relying on equipment and the terrible radar range to get the drop on enemy SPARTANS. Leaving you unsatisfied after a match because your KDA sucks and you don’t feel like you ever got into your groove because you couldn’t execute your preferred strategy or just kept getting ambushed by 5 enemy SPARTANS when the radar said there was only one. It’s more so everyone just running to the right or left while the one squad that spawned by the Hog drives off with it leaving the rest of the team to scramble like ants for any power weapons and to get to an advantageous location for a gunfight. Which most of the BTB combat has been reduced to; an unfair gunfight because not enough players could find weapons they preferred and couldn’t see how many enemy SPARTANS from the opposing team they’re up against on the radar. Because if you haven’t noticed, thanks to sprint, everything is way bigger. Your radar can’t see past the rocks on either side of the Vaults on Fragmentation and that is horrendous. Yes there is more action than in 8v8 BTB but the action isn’t better. It’s more frustrating if anything. Though I must admit it’s a culmination of many things for me and not just the weapon and vehicle spawns.