Pelican could come back in forge, here's how

So firstly, having a pelican in Forge island has been talked about many times, and there is countless topics about this, but this will focus a tad bit more on something that is not touched frequently. So firstly, we have no flying vehicle in Halo 4 for custom games or Forge. Now when I saw that Forge island had absolutely no flying vehicle, I thought we wouldn’t have one at all.

I don’t entirely understand how current Halo 4 maps work, but I get the gist of it, and that assets, or “tags” cannot be shared between maps and each map has it’s own unique assets or tags to be used on that map. (This is why when people find hidden weapons etc they can only be accessed on certain levels). However, I was looking at some Reach modified content on YouTube, and saw that a modder used a longsword on forge world via tag injection. So this proves that it IS possible to give us the pelican in forge island. You will have to manually find the link, because this post will be locked if I share any modded links.

Of course I know that the pelican would have to modified for multiplayer, this includes being able to damage the pelican, using the rear seats, etc and plus the pelican is such an overpowered flying toy that it seems like it wouldn’t have much practical use at all.

Or would it?

Interesting, cough 343 get to work

even if they were to find a way to overcome it, the reality is that they do not have a reason to have a large troop transport vehicle on any of the map in a game meant for 16 players.

It serves no real purpose in MP due to its size and the situations the maps give. If it was a game similar to Planetside 2, it would be understandable. However, there isn’t a map big enough, nor is there enough players to need one.

Hornet or falcon would be a more reasonable vehicle to return. But I wouldn’t hold my breath for those vehicles to come back in this game.

> Hornet or falcon would be a more reasonable vehicle to return. But I wouldn’t hold my breath for those vehicles to come back in this game.

Hornet would be a practical vehicle to bring back, because we haven’t been able to use it in a recent Halo for a while now. Thing is, BtB heavies is going to fail without it.

> even if they were to find a way to overcome it, the reality is that they do not have a reason to have a large troop transport vehicle on any of the map in a game meant for 16 players.
>
>
> It serves no real purpose in MP due to its size and the situations the maps give. If it was a game similar to Planetside 2, it would be understandable. However, there isn’t a map big enough, nor is there enough players to need one.
>
>
> Hornet or falcon would be a more reasonable vehicle to return. But I wouldn’t hold my breath for those vehicles to come back in this game.

This.
While I would loooovee to see all 3 added in, and while I’m sure 343i could implement it if they worked hard enough, I doubt we’ll see them added in any time soon.
That being said…am I the only one who’d like to see Halo 5 support 24+ players, so that larger vehicles could fit in?