Pegasus is an horrible map to play on

Title. I can’t stand this map, all people do is spawn kill with rockets. Just played my worst game x.x

Same here fella. Was spawn killed left and right on this map. Truth with BR starts was just as bad. While I didn’t get spawn killed, I was shot in the back after taking on shot at someone so many times. Didn’t matter if I was with the team or not.

Honestly i think its the best Halo 5 map so far, so much fun. Also the choke points, so so so much fun, that hallway with a sniper and a rocket, you can feel people just meeting up at that interception.

Rockets are gonna Rock, and Snipers are gonna snipe, that is just how the game is played.

Isnt a bad map for me but… feels a BTB map!

> 2533274812471748;4:
> Isnt a bad map for me but… feels a BTB map!

It feels like a failed map. Just had another game ib it and it sucked.

Pathetically enough, it’s actually better designed and has better flow than every other map in the beta…

> 2533274873910058;3:
> Honestly i think its the best Halo 5 map so far, so much fun. Also the choke points, so so so much fun, that hallway with a sniper and a rocket, you can feel people just meeting up at that interception.
>
> Rockets are gonna Rock, and Snipers are gonna snipe, that is just how the game is played.

agreed, my fave map so far…went 34-4 on it earlier, its all about controlling the power weapons, good lines of sight, but also plenty of cover…very bland aswell which i liked…that’s probably to do with unfinished/missing textures…but its very clean, nothing fancy, no distractions

There needs to be more spawn points for power weapons to spawn other than those two. Have one in Blue spawn and one somewhere else and alternate where the power weapons spawn so that a team that holds the high ground can’t as easily hold it because the rockets spawn way too close to red team.

I have to admin i dont like the map either.

Things i dont like:

the design / graphics look very unfinished.

the map has a weird design when it comes to runways

to many long runways with no cover at all.

the rocketluncher is way to powerfull and ruins the mapbalance for me

I feel Pegasus is the best Halo 5 map so far. One team holds the choke point and the other team tries to flush them out. God, so much fun.

I enjoy Pegasus. It encourages power weapon and map control, and while bland, it just reminds me of classic Halo for some reason.

Pegasus fails do to the designers incapability to adhere to basic level design principles. Namely being, that the major flaw of the map is, the most controlling position is located where Rockets are and every route leading to it is an exposed death field. It’s quality is on par with a newbie forger’s map. If it came up in a casual custom lobby were everyone is just having a good time, it wouldn’t be bad… Coming up in MM where people are grinding and playing their sweatiest, it’s bloody rage inducing.

> 2533274851697025;12:
> Pegasus fails do to the designers incapability to adhere to basic level design principles. Namely being, that the major flaw of the map is, the most controlling position is located where Rockets are and every route leading to it is an exposed death field. It’s quality is on par with a newbie forger’s map. If it came up in a casual custom lobby were everyone is just having a good time, it wouldn’t be bad… Coming up in MM where people are grinding and playing their sweatiest, it’s bloody rage inducing.

What you describe as major flaw is an inherent quality of Halo. Map control for power weapons, death zones, choke points filled with confrontation. Welcome to Halo, love it or leave it.

> 2533274873910058;13:
> > 2533274851697025;12:
> > Pegasus fails do to the designers incapability to adhere to basic level design principles. Namely being, that the major flaw of the map is, the most controlling position is located where Rockets are and every route leading to it is an exposed death field. It’s quality is on par with a newbie forger’s map. If it came up in a casual custom lobby were everyone is just having a good time, it wouldn’t be bad… Coming up in MM where people are grinding and playing their sweatiest, it’s bloody rage inducing.
>
>
> What you describe as major flaw is an inherent quality of Halo. Map control for power weapons, death zones, choke points filled with confrontation. Welcome to Halo, love it or leave it.

In the other maps of the franchise, no that isn’t a flaw of them. Why? Because those sightlines are shorter, the paths less exposed, and alternative paths and counter positions provided. This, however, is a poorly designed excuse for a map. But hey, you’re an armchair warrior, so I’m sure you’re an expert on level design. I mean, surely you’ve worked with SDK’s before right? Surely you’ve had multiple designs of yours picked up by developers for their game right?

Welcome to Halo? I’ve been here since 2002, get real.

Lol at people saying that Pegasus is a good map… You must be on the team that is spawn trapping the other team.

Map is not fun, looks ugly and has no flow.

Spawn trapping? im not sure what that is like exactly, but all the action happens around the sniper and rocket launcher spot.

So much fun xD

> 2535405881901481;15:
> Lol at people saying that Pegasus is a good map… You must be on the team that is spawn trapping the other team.
>
> Map is not fun, looks ugly and has no flow.

No.

It is the only map that has any semblance of flow.

Are people unaware that this is a forged map? That’s why it’s “bland”. It shows you what you can do in Halo 5’s Forge.

OP, I personally love this map. I get the Halo vibe on this map more than any other.

High Ground anyone? :3

> 2535405881901481;15:
> Lol at people saying that Pegasus is a good map… You must be on the team that is spawn trapping the other team.
>
> Map is not fun, looks ugly and has no flow.

It may not be pretty but it definitely has an old school halo vibe to it. Maybe i’ve been too deprived of a good old skool halo map, because i just can’t understand why people hate this map so much.

> 2533274873910058;16:
> Spawn trapping? im not sure what that is like exactly, but all the action happens around the sniper and rocket launcher spot.
>
> So much fun xD

Ah, this video explains soooooooooo much. You’ve got one kid standing on top of Rockets waiting for it to spawn, other kids running down exposed trenches and hallways with ARs out as if they expect to do anything with that, and you crouching around a corner (which any competent player would have flushed you out of btw) with rockets. Its not just a pub stomp game, but looks like a pubstomp with a bunch of bronze and silver players.

Quinn spoke of people having selective bias to validate their reasoning why to like or dislike certain mechanics in the game. You have taken selective bias a step further. You have no level design experience or knowledge yet attempt to argue as if you do because you like the map. Why do you like the map? You like clubbing baby seals! Good job.

I’d say wait till you graduate from the little leagues and start playing actually challenging players that will abuse the hell out of every little flaw in a maps design, when you’re playing against not top “200” but actual top 32 paid players, to give us your opinion on the map but… Then you’d probably turn around and cry another story, about how the BR is OP, or the power weapons spawn too fast, or that the kill times need to be slower. You’re an armchair warrior of the worst degree. You’re a lord amongst neck beards. You are the very epitome of why so many people shun Waypoint. You’re why people say “Waypoint gave me cancer”.

I’m disgusted. Thank god my vacation is over and I can get back to a healthy balance of working on my masters dissertation and drinking myself to an early grave.