PC to Xbox - Few questions

Now I don’t know much about game development.

But if they’re developing Infinite from the ground up on PC (the most powerful gaming machine), does this mean that the Series X, S, and One are ports and treated as 2nd class rather than 1st?

Does the Xbox One still hold back the gameplay design, AI, and scale even if it’s not built from the ground up on Xbox One?

I do hope Xbox players are treated as 1st class citizens as well. The Series X is almost on par (if not on par) with high end PCs. So that means I and everyone else who will play on SX can still expect performances similar to high end PCs?

Ideally no platform is ‘holding back’ the game as a whole. A game should be designed with all platforms in mind. Lower end platforms (be it the 2013 Xbox One or a cheap PC) force the devs to find alternatives for features they want to implement which in turn prevents scope creep, and improves performance across all platforms. Features added to improve the game on the lowest level, improve the game on all levels.

If you look at a game focused entirely around only the latest tech you’ll find it often gets stuck in development hell and doesn’t turn out well. See Duke Nukem Forever and Star Citizen.
In other words, a game designed around the best available tech is probably a very poorly designed game.

Also the game is “built from the ground up” on all launch platforms, that’s kind of the point of building an entire new engine. Xbox is not getting left behind.

> 2533274882881665;2:
> Ideally no platform is ‘holding back’ the game as a whole. A game should be designed with all platforms in mind. Lower end platforms (be it the 2013 Xbox One or a cheap PC) force the devs to find alternatives for features they want to implement which in turn prevents scope creep, and improves performance across all platforms. Features added to improve the game on the lowest level, improve the game on all levels.
>
> If you look at a game focused entirely around only the latest tech you’ll find it often gets stuck in development hell and doesn’t turn out well. See Duke Nukem Forever and Star Citizen.
> In other words, a game designed around the best available tech is probably a very poorly designed game.
>
> Also the game is “built from the ground up” on all launch platforms, that’s kind of the point of building an entire new engine. Xbox is not getting left behind.

Thanks for clarifying!!

Games have always been developed on PCs, and then optimized on the development kits. Also, Halo has always been a console first game, no matter how good the PC version is. I highly doubt it will be a Cyberpunk 2077 case, where the only viable platform is PC. The Series X version will be the optimal/easiest version to play, and PC will be for the ones that always want an extra. Aside from this, the Series X is similar to a 2060 super/2070 and a R7 3700x, which is hardly low end, so the game will look good in it if thats why you are worried