PC Physical Edition?

Just wondering if there was any word on a PC physical edition of Halo Infinite? I know they said it would be purchasable on Steam/Windows Store but I wanted to get a collector’s edition since past games have had a statue.

Dude, the game’s still 1 and a half year from it’s release
Stuff like that won’t be announced for at least another year.

> 2533274886490718;2:
> Dude, the game’s still 1 and a half year from it’s release
> Stuff like that won’t be announced for at least another year.

I don’t see a problem with asking if there is going to be a physical copy of the pc game.

> 2533274886490718;2:
> Dude, the game’s still 1 and a half year from it’s release
> Stuff like that won’t be announced for at least another year.

YH you have absouletly ages my friend :slight_smile:

Like others have said it will be a long while before we get an idea about a lot of these release details. That being said, given the digital distribution schemes for modern PCs (and even increasingly in the console space), I certainly wouldn’t plan on one.

Even high end gaming PC’s have begun eschewing disc drives and giving the space they took up to other components. I worked for Gamestop about two years ago, and our physical PC section was an absolute joke. Aside from there being almost no consumer interest in physical PC games, it’s become increasingly difficult to fit games onto a single disc- particularly standard DVD’s which was still the standard when I worked there. The end result was a number of games being released on multiple (sometimes 4-6) DVD’s, all of which would need to be installed and one of which would need to be present in the drive as a license to play the game. That’s not even mentioning the other games that require an online connection to patch on day one or install required content.

A physical PC release of almost any AAA title in the modern space just doesn’t really make sense. Digital’s gotten too convenient/ubiquitous and in many cases even inexpensive thanks to a vibrant and competitive cross platform competition for online game distributors leading to almost constant sales. Even on consoles, that’s becoming a lot for physical games to compete with. PC’s generally about 3-6 years ahead of that curve. Love it or hate it, like every other type of physical media, game disks are dying out.

I think it’s certainly possible that they opt to do a release of physical collector editions that include a download code instead of a disk, though. And, in fact, I don’t think they’d be the first to do that.

A physical copy would be nice but I hope they don’t do the common ‘redeem a digital code when buying a physical copy’ since that defeats the point of going physical, I really hope the game is complete and not of those games where it will only work after day 1 patch.

> 2533274861158694;5:
> it’s become increasingly difficult to fit games onto a single disc- particularly standard DVD’s which was still the standard when I worked there. The end result was a number of games being released on multiple (sometimes 4-6) DVD’s

Damn I completely forgot that PC discs are still DVDs. Even BD still struggle to capture the whole game on 1 disc and requiring an internet connection to download the rest of it. I doubt they would do a physical disc release unless the installation requires you to download portions of it off the internet.

I would like to see a physical copy of the game. BUT in the way they did Fallout 76. They offer a physical case with a disc that has a download code on it. That would be nice to see. And yeah there really was no issue with you just asking ahead of time lol idk why people go out of their way to say that "you still have a year so be quiet.

Well with Covid they did see some very limited editions being made hopefully that drought has ended and things are looking up hopefully there is one.

If it does end up having a physical release, please let there be a game key in there instead of a physical disk.

> 2535428777172366;10:
> If it does end up having a physical release, please let there be a game key in there instead of a physical disk.

It shall go blu ray. 4K blu ray to be exact, like the copies for Xbox Series X.
Codes in a box are lazy and shouldn’t had become a thing. Either release it with a disc (or even a USB stick because who doesn’t use a PC without USB these days) or don’t bother at all.
You are the first person who asks for a game code instead of a disc in a physical copy and, I know I’m gonna sound rude, but you’re stupid for saying that.

> 2535408185558954;11:
> > 2535428777172366;10:
> > If it does end up having a physical release, please let there be a game key in there instead of a physical disk.
>
> It shall go blu ray. 4K blu ray to be exact, like the copies for Xbox Series X.
> Codes in a box are lazy and shouldn’t had become a thing. Either release it with a disc (or even a USB stick because who doesn’t use a PC without USB these days) or don’t bother at all.
> You are the first person who asks for a game code instead of a disc in a physical copy and, I know I’m gonna sound rude, but you’re stupid for saying that.

Well, the reason that I’m hoping for a digital code is for Xbox Play Anywhere, so I can have the base game on pc and play the multiplayer/campaign co op with friends on splitscreen

> 2535428777172366;12:
> > 2535408185558954;11:
> > > 2535428777172366;10:
> > > If it does end up having a physical release, please let there be a game key in there instead of a physical disk.
> >
> > It shall go blu ray. 4K blu ray to be exact, like the copies for Xbox Series X.
> > Codes in a box are lazy and shouldn’t had become a thing. Either release it with a disc (or even a USB stick because who doesn’t use a PC without USB these days) or don’t bother at all.
> > You are the first person who asks for a game code instead of a disc in a physical copy and, I know I’m gonna sound rude, but you’re stupid for saying that.
>
> Well, the reason that I’m hoping for a digital code is for Xbox Play Anywhere, so I can have the base game on pc and play the multiplayer/campaign co op with friends on split
>
>
> > 2535428777172366;12:
> > > 2535408185558954;11:
> > > > 2535428777172366;10:
> > > > If it does end up having a physical release, please let there be a game key in there instead of a physical disk.
> > >
> > > It shall go blu ray. 4K blu ray to be exact, like the copies for Xbox Series X.
> > > Codes in a box are lazy and shouldn’t had become a thing. Either release it with a disc (or even a USB stick because who doesn’t use a PC without USB these days) or don’t bother at all.
> > > You are the first person who asks for a game code instead of a disc in a physical copy and, I know I’m gonna sound rude, but you’re stupid for saying that.
> >
> > Well, the reason that I’m hoping for a digital code is for Xbox Play Anywhere, so I can have the base game on pc and play the multiplayer/campaign co op with friends on splitscreen
>
> If they gave you a code for Xbox Play Anywhere, that would have happened long ago. Regardless, I don’t believe that it shouldn’t come with a disc or a USB in that case. The collection is around 100GB. There’s no excuse not to come with a blu ray disc or a USB stick. As for Xbox Play Anywhere, easy, just rerelease the physical copy for Xbox Series S/X and PC, and have codes for the program. Valve used to put Steam codes for games such as Portal 2 on the physical copies for PS3 and Xbox 360. Microsoft could do something similar with MCC.

I’ve given up on a physical release for most games on PC. If you want any sort of preorder bonus you’ll probably have to order the game for the Xbox and buy the PC release as well to get everything.