PC- Game downloaded but can't sign in (Error -101)

I downloaded the Technical Preview on PC (steam), the game booted up fine and asked me to sign in. After entering my credentials I immediately received a blue box that said -101 in the top left. I’ve rebooted the game multiple times, it allows me to click sign in but goes to the blue box with the -101 in the upper corner (without entering my credentials). I then proceeded to reinstall the game but never had any luck resolving the -101 Error.

Has anyone encountered this issue and if so did you find a way to resolve it?

are you sure you’re signing in with the same account linked to the insider profile invited to the preview?

> 2533274973888235;2:
> are you sure you’re signing in with the same account linked to the insider profile invited to the preview?

Yeah I logged into my Xbox account that my Halo Waypoint account is linked to.

> 2533274813339670;1:
> I downloaded the Technical Preview on PC (steam), the game booted up fine and asked me to sign in. After entering my credentials I immediately received a blue box that said -101 in the top left. I’ve rebooted the game multiple times, it allows me to click sign in but goes to the blue box with the -101 in the upper corner (without entering my credentials). I then proceeded to reinstall the game but never had any luck resolving the -101 Error.
>
> Has anyone encountered this issue and if so did you find a way to resolve it?

full shut down steam. like kill every xbox and steam releated task.
thats how i fixed it.

> 2535433834542317;4:
> > 2533274813339670;1:
> > I downloaded the Technical Preview on PC (steam), the game booted up fine and asked me to sign in. After entering my credentials I immediately received a blue box that said -101 in the top left. I’ve rebooted the game multiple times, it allows me to click sign in but goes to the blue box with the -101 in the upper corner (without entering my credentials). I then proceeded to reinstall the game but never had any luck resolving the -101 Error.
> >
> > Has anyone encountered this issue and if so did you find a way to resolve it?
>
> full shut down steam. like kill every xbox and steam releated task.
> thats how i fixed it.

Thanks! I did a hard reboot and it didn’t help, but force closing all steam and xbox related apps and then retrying was the trick!

> 2533274813339670;5:
> > 2535433834542317;4:
> > > 2533274813339670;1:
> > > I downloaded the Technical Preview on PC (steam), the game booted up fine and asked me to sign in. After entering my credentials I immediately received a blue box that said -101 in the top left. I’ve rebooted the game multiple times, it allows me to click sign in but goes to the blue box with the -101 in the upper corner (without entering my credentials). I then proceeded to reinstall the game but never had any luck resolving the -101 Error.
> > >
> > > Has anyone encountered this issue and if so did you find a way to resolve it?
> >
> > full shut down steam. like kill every xbox and steam releated task.
> > thats how i fixed it.
>
> Thanks! I did a hard reboot and it didn’t help, but force closing all steam and xbox related apps and then retrying was the trick!

I found it extremely weird.
Verify Integrity - nope
reinstall - nope
close everything - nope
restart pc - nope
give the good old task manager a shuffle - aye ok.

Makes me wonder what’s cached to make it happen lol

This didn’t work for me, I submitted a ticket with no response. Can’t even get into the testing.

> 2535440283041874;7:
> This didn’t work for me, I submitted a ticket with no response. Can’t even get into the testing.

same narrowed it down to a windows 11 error are you windows 11 as well? no response on ticket and cant get in at all im looking DOOMED

> 2533274844120753;8:
> > 2535440283041874;7:
> > This didn’t work for me, I submitted a ticket with no response. Can’t even get into the testing.
>
> same narrowed it down to a windows 11 error are you windows 11 as well? no response on ticket and cant get in at all im looking DOOMED

nah just Windows 10, pretty disappointed, I have a decent pc build and wanted to see how it played.

Update: Clear you steam downloads cache and log back into steam.
One of my friends gave me the idea and it worked for me. I had already tried everything else people had said on the forum so far.