PC Crashing / performance issue FIXED!

i was experiencing all the crashing issues listed by many other posts.
in menu
and horrible performance in game, my comp meets requirements quite easily so it really confused me
i tried lowering everything to lowest, didn’t help.

BUT
i decided to check GeForce Experience, the application to update Nvidia drivers.
new driver available 14/02/2017 build: 378.66

downloaded this update, started the game
beautiful, everything is fixed.

check your drivers are up to date. strong chance this is the issue!

on resetting some video settings, performace is much improved. though occasional crash in menu still present. definite improvement

ALL in game performance issues and crashes seem 100% fixed

The problem I have is that during gameplay the ground under my units gets all pixlated and begins to crash
is there any way I can fix that

For me it keeps crashing in the Menu.

And I set the GeForce Experience recommended profile for HW2. The first tutorial worked fine, but in the menu it still crashes

THE PERFORMANCE ISSUE IS NOT FIXED. I REPEAT IT IS NOT FIXED. In multiplayer there is still a really bad stutter that happens occasionally. Lowering my settings SHOULD NOT BE a fix when I have a very powerful system. I am running AMD 6 core with EVGA 8 gig 1070 GTX SC and 20 gigs of ram! There is still issues and they need to update more. YES II have the most updated drivers.

I’ve updated my drivers and I’m still getting the constant, annoying crashes. I’m also getting a surprisingly large amount of lag online most of the time which is odd since I’ve also got a decent machine, my GTX 780 should still be able to manage - and it does just fine in singleplayer at a full 60 FPS with most settings at maximum.

For me, the crashes always happen right after a mission or a matchmaking game in campaign or multiplayer - especially multiplayer. No where else. The only pattern is it’s ALWAYS when I hit exit or continue or whatever after seeing the results of the match or mission I just finished, regardless of the outcome. It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with leveling up either or earning a Blitz pack despite what some other people have been claiming.

This is happening MORE THAN HALF of the time I finish a match in multiplayer and it’s obnoxious, it’s getting to the point it discourages me from playing because of the long loading time. It’s been happening to me ever since the last sizable patch once the game went completely public and I don’t see any way around it. There’s no error, no noise, no nothing - it’s the fastest, cleanest crash I’ve ever seen - it just ends to my desktop immediately on the press of a button. Because of this, I at first thought it was some kind of design flaw - that exit after a match ended literally was the button to abort the entire game and kill the .exe. But since I’ve been paying more attention, that’s not the case.It just happens so often and it’s so fast that I feel as if I’m doing something wrong, or triggering it somehow.

New pc, still crash on desktop (i7 7700k). When is a patch finally coming?

if there was a patch where could i find it

Having the same issues here, if I finish a campain mission it sets me back to the desktop. If I choose multiplayer custom match then I harldy reach the start, because is crashes me to the desktop before I can hit start and if I can press start it crashes as soon as the game begins.
My PC meets the requirements by far. Therefor I thought must be dual monitor set up, turned that off but same thing going on, crashes. Checked video drivers, are updated. Optimized gforce experience, optimalised the game and… same thing going on… This is really bad and must be repaired quickly, please…

same here, for me it always crashed when I finish a multiplayer game or skirmish or blitz :frowning:

My game is also crashing, though it crashes as soon as I start a game in any mode on my pc. I am sure it is not my hardware as I am on a recently built rig and have all drivers up to date. (GTX 1080TI, 32 GB RAM, 7th gen i7)

> 2717573882308942;11:
> My game is also crashing, though it crashes as soon as I start a game in any mode on my pc. I am sure it is not my hardware as I am on a recently built rig and have all drivers up to date. (GTX 1080TI, 32 GB RAM, 7th gen i7)

No it is not your hardware. Scarily enough I have a 980ti, 32 gb RAM, and 6th generation i7. I have played several games in multiplayer and completed the entire campaign and now my screen blacks out anytime the game loads up on a campaign mission or a multiplayer match, no matter the game-type. This needs to be fixed!!!

wow… im so so surpsied people blame the game before hardware or even their windows installation… I complained more about the crashing then ANYONE since the game came out and after that major update it was completely fixed… I haven’t crashed one SINGLE time on halo wars 2 since then… and that’s been about a month and a week or two… Windows store games are very sensitive to any type of changes its to prevent hacking… you should check your Operating system first before you blame the game. and honestly it could be hardware related also but I was running Dual SLI 980 TI’s a couple weeks ago and it wasn’t crashing at all since that one major update and now im running Dual 1080’s and still no crashing so might not be hardware related. but for everyone that is downing the game for crashing try checking your own software first…, now GRANTED I haven’t tried a single campaign mission since the update so I havbe no right saying but I play every game mode and not one single crash…

and im
intel core i7-6850K 4.1 GHZ
32 GB corsair vengeance LED DDR4 Memory
x3 SSD’s
x2 MSi GeForce GTX 1080 Duke editions

> 2533274803847427;13:
> wow… im so so surpsied people blame the game before hardware or even their windows installation… I complained more about the crashing then ANYONE since the game came out and after that major update it was completely fixed… I haven’t crashed one SINGLE time on halo wars 2 since then… and that’s been about a month and a week or two… Windows store games are very sensitive to any type of changes its to prevent hacking… you should check your Operating system first before you blame the game. and honestly it could be hardware related also but I was running Dual SLI 980 TI’s a couple weeks ago and it wasn’t crashing at all since that one major update and now im running Dual 1080’s and still no crashing so might not be hardware related. but for everyone that is downing the game for crashing try checking your own software first…, now GRANTED I haven’t tried a single campaign mission since the update so I havbe no right saying but I play every game mode and not one single crash…
>
> and im
> intel core i7-6850K 4.1 GHZ
> 32 GB corsair vengeance LED DDR4 Memory
> x3 SSD’s
> x2 MSi GeForce GTX 1080 Duke editions

If you re-read my earlier comment, “This is a recently built rig” and “gtx 1080ti” should have been dead giveaways that windows along with all drivers were up to date, given the date of the post and that the 1080ti wasn’t released to consumers until early March. In this case it was the game. With the new patch (4/6/17) the game is no longer crashing.

I too have this problem, all other games work except HW2 (BackToWin after loading screen) and FH3 (Pixelated gfx), broke at the same time probably.
No repair options or ANY info why it doesent work, even EA(origin) starts to look good…

Will re install HW2 just for lolz

If you’ve tried about everything possible, try this.
https://www.geeksinphoenix.com/blog/post/2016/05/10/how-to-manage-windows-10-virtual-memory.aspx

For some reason on my PC, this was set to custom. So I set it to “system managed size” and then rebooted my PC. And then Halo Wars 2 loaded into a game without crashes.

If this doesn’t work, try and check the Event Viewer logs and see what it says after the game crashes again.