PC Community growth

Hi!
I pre-purchased the Halo collection for PC off of Steam last night after receiving a notification on the press release topic with us getting Halo: Reach on the 3rd December.
Ever since then I cant stop thinking about how the communities have changed since the initial release of the Halo games and I’m consistently in conflict with myself about whether the community growth will stagnate because of the re-release of these games, what do you think?

Will the Halo community continue to grow from where it left off? Does a re-release of the franchise make it enough for new players to come to Halo and have old players return?

p.s. I bought the Halo collection as I missed out on the campaign/story and didn’t buy an xbox to play and appreciate the online play. (always been on PC)

It absolutely will bring back our generation and a few newcomers as well.
Consider that they have already made 100s of thousands on steam alone and it was the highest selling game yesterday.

It makes me laugh to think that they originally intended for the whole franchise to be aimed at the PC only having it change direction along the console pathway and now coming back round back to PC. I have high hopes that it will explode on PC during release, I’ve seen a few friends on my steam list pre-purchase MCC already.

Now living January 2020 and 3500 players online on Reach. I haven’t have much time to play in January, so I’ve missed a lot of the action but I hope Reach will keep breathing for long from now on because I want to continue playing it from where I left it in 2015 when it died on xbox 360. I only have PC and xbox 360. I never bought xbox one because I wasn’t interested in newer Halos. Halo 1, 2, 3 and Reach are fine. So I really hope even though for those like me who has no time to play everyday, they can join in multiplayer once in a while and enjoy playing because there’s players online. At least 2k of players is a lifeline for the mutliplayer to be at healthy levels.

On other hand. This is what I found when I was looking for community for MCC PC release. I’m after playing mates. It’s a bit boring to play alone. All my old Halo Reach buddies have quit or play on xbox. So I don’t have company… I wish to find someone.

• Mike

> 2533274872639267;4:
> Now living January 2020 and 3500 players online on Reach. I haven’t have much time to play in January, so I’ve missed a lot of the action but I hope Reach will keep breathing for long from now on because I want to continue playing it from where I left it in 2015 when it died on xbox 360. I only have PC and xbox 360. I never bought xbox one because I wasn’t interested in newer Halos. Halo 1, 2, 3 and Reach are fine. So I really hope even though for those like me who has no time to play everyday, they can join in multiplayer once in a while and enjoy playing because there’s players online. At least 2k of players is a lifeline for the mutliplayer to be at healthy levels.
>
> On other hand. This is what I found when I was looking for community for MCC PC release. I’m after playing mates. It’s a bit boring to play alone. All my old Halo Reach buddies have quit or play on xbox. So I don’t have company… I wish to find someone.
>
> - Mike

Sadly, I don’t see the Reach online population surviving past the release of Halo 2.

What region are you in? I would be happy to party up for Invasion if we were online at the same time and in near enough regions. I play ever couple of nights with a few friends. We’re pretty casual but like to compete in Invasion.

> 2533274801605494;5:
> > 2533274872639267;4:
> > Now living January 2020 and 3500 players online on Reach. I haven’t have much time to play in January, so I’ve missed a lot of the action but I hope Reach will keep breathing for long from now on because I want to continue playing it from where I left it in 2015 when it died on xbox 360. I only have PC and xbox 360. I never bought xbox one because I wasn’t interested in newer Halos. Halo 1, 2, 3 and Reach are fine. So I really hope even though for those like me who has no time to play everyday, they can join in multiplayer once in a while and enjoy playing because there’s players online. At least 2k of players is a lifeline for the mutliplayer to be at healthy levels.
> >
> > On other hand. This is what I found when I was looking for community for MCC PC release. I’m after playing mates. It’s a bit boring to play alone. All my old Halo Reach buddies have quit or play on xbox. So I don’t have company… I wish to find someone.
> >
> > - Mike
>
> Sadly, I don’t see the Reach online population surviving past the release of Halo 2.
>
> What region are you in? I would be happy to party up for Invasion if we were online at the same time and in near enough regions. I play ever couple of nights with a few friends. We’re pretty casual but like to compete in Invasion.

I’m GMT+2, Finland to be more spesific. I’d like to join. I just hope that perfect English listening comprehension is not required, Also my pronunciation can be weak. I have also never tested my headset on Halo, so I don’t know if it works. I can type my speaking ability is not evolved XD

> 2533274872639267;6:
> > 2533274801605494;5:
> > > 2533274872639267;4:
> > > Now living January 2020 and 3500 players online on Reach. I haven’t have much time to play in January, so I’ve missed a lot of the action but I hope Reach will keep breathing for long from now on because I want to continue playing it from where I left it in 2015 when it died on xbox 360. I only have PC and xbox 360. I never bought xbox one because I wasn’t interested in newer Halos. Halo 1, 2, 3 and Reach are fine. So I really hope even though for those like me who has no time to play everyday, they can join in multiplayer once in a while and enjoy playing because there’s players online. At least 2k of players is a lifeline for the mutliplayer to be at healthy levels.
> > >
> > > On other hand. This is what I found when I was looking for community for MCC PC release. I’m after playing mates. It’s a bit boring to play alone. All my old Halo Reach buddies have quit or play on xbox. So I don’t have company… I wish to find someone.
> > >
> > > - Mike
> >
> > Sadly, I don’t see the Reach online population surviving past the release of Halo 2.
> >
> > What region are you in? I would be happy to party up for Invasion if we were online at the same time and in near enough regions. I play ever couple of nights with a few friends. We’re pretty casual but like to compete in Invasion.
>
> I’m GMT+2, Finland to be more spesific. I’d like to join. I just hope that perfect English listening comprehension is not required, Also my pronunciation can be weak. I have also never tested my headset on Halo, so I don’t know if it works. I can type my speaking ability is not evolved XD

Cool, I’m GMT+0. I’ll PM you my discord account, add me on there and if I see you online when I go to play Halo I will message you and see if you want to play.

Don’t worry, we keep things pretty simple with call outs as easy as “2 Left”, “3 coming/going right” , “Banshee in the sky” in invasion.

> 2533274801605494;7:
> > 2533274872639267;6:
> > > 2533274801605494;5:
> > > > 2533274872639267;4:
> > > > Now living January 2020 and 3500 players online on Reach. I haven’t have much time to play in January, so I’ve missed a lot of the action but I hope Reach will keep breathing for long from now on because I want to continue playing it from where I left it in 2015 when it died on xbox 360. I only have PC and xbox 360. I never bought xbox one because I wasn’t interested in newer Halos. Halo 1, 2, 3 and Reach are fine. So I really hope even though for those like me who has no time to play everyday, they can join in multiplayer once in a while and enjoy playing because there’s players online. At least 2k of players is a lifeline for the mutliplayer to be at healthy levels.
> > > >
> > > > On other hand. This is what I found when I was looking for community for MCC PC release. I’m after playing mates. It’s a bit boring to play alone. All my old Halo Reach buddies have quit or play on xbox. So I don’t have company… I wish to find someone.
> > > >
> > > > - Mike
> > >
> > > Sadly, I don’t see the Reach online population surviving past the release of Halo 2.
> > >
> > > What region are you in? I would be happy to party up for Invasion if we were online at the same time and in near enough regions. I play ever couple of nights with a few friends. We’re pretty casual but like to compete in Invasion.
> >
> > I’m GMT+2, Finland to be more spesific. I’d like to join. I just hope that perfect English listening comprehension is not required, Also my pronunciation can be weak. I have also never tested my headset on Halo, so I don’t know if it works. I can type my speaking ability is not evolved XD
>
> Cool, I’m GMT+0. I’ll PM you my discord account, add me on there and if I see you online when I go to play Halo I will message you and see if you want to play.
>
> Don’t worry, we keep things pretty simple with call outs as easy as “2 Left”, “3 coming/going right” , “Banshee in the sky” in invasion.

Sounds easy enough emphasis on word “sounds”. =)

> 2533274801605494;7:
> > 2533274872639267;6:
> > > 2533274801605494;5:
> > > > 2533274872639267;4:
> > > > Now living January 2020 and 3500 players online on Reach. I haven’t have much time to play in January, so I’ve missed a lot of the action but I hope Reach will keep breathing for long from now on because I want to continue playing it from where I left it in 2015 when it died on xbox 360. I only have PC and xbox 360. I never bought xbox one because I wasn’t interested in newer Halos. Halo 1, 2, 3 and Reach are fine. So I really hope even though for those like me who has no time to play everyday, they can join in multiplayer once in a while and enjoy playing because there’s players online. At least 2k of players is a lifeline for the mutliplayer to be at healthy levels.
> > > >
> > > > On other hand. This is what I found when I was looking for community for MCC PC release. I’m after playing mates. It’s a bit boring to play alone. All my old Halo Reach buddies have quit or play on xbox. So I don’t have company… I wish to find someone.
> > > >
> > > > - Mike
> > >
> > > Sadly, I don’t see the Reach online population surviving past the release of Halo 2.
> > >
> > > What region are you in? I would be happy to party up for Invasion if we were online at the same time and in near enough regions. I play ever couple of nights with a few friends. We’re pretty casual but like to compete in Invasion.
> >
> > I’m GMT+2, Finland to be more spesific. I’d like to join. I just hope that perfect English listening comprehension is not required, Also my pronunciation can be weak. I have also never tested my headset on Halo, so I don’t know if it works. I can type my speaking ability is not evolved XD
>
> Cool, I’m GMT+0. I’ll PM you my discord account, add me on there and if I see you online when I go to play Halo I will message you and see if you want to play.
>
> Don’t worry, we keep things pretty simple with call outs as easy as “2 Left”, “3 coming/going right” , “Banshee in the sky” in invasion.

I sent new friend request on Discord, as last time I accidentally used unregistered account. Still Low Mike Contacting

-Mike