PC and Xbox One Compatible?

I read on a website that if you buy the game digitally on Xbox, you’ll get the PC version too and vice versa. Are these two going to be compatible and I will be able to play with my friends that don’t own an Xbox One with me on my Xbox and them on their computers? If so, that is going to be amazing.

Oh Here is my resource, it’s near the bottom below the picture show.

There won’t be crossplay, if that’s what you’re asking.

Xbox vs. Xbox. PC vs. PC.

Thank you for the reply! :smiley:

In my personal opinion, it would keep the game alive longer if they made it cross play later on.

I don’t know exactly how you’re going to get the game, on both PC and Xbox. Like said before no crossplay.

I’m really interested in how it works, like do you need to register the game, and they email you a code or what?

its only if you buy the digital version. the pc version will most likely only run on windows 10 so it would not be a huge issue giving access to both since both windows 10 and xbox one are similar operating systems.

> 2533274809164647;5:
> its only if you buy the digital version. the pc version will most likely only run on windows 10 so it would not be a huge issue giving access to both since both windows 10 and xbox one are similar operating systems.

Thanks.

Yeah i mostly get digital copies now on games i really want.

Wouldn’t people playing on PC get an advantage over Xbox users with cross play?

> 2533274819171252;7:
> Wouldn’t people playing on PC get an advantage over Xbox users with cross play?

Probably yes, but I am all for options. If there is an option to only play with Xbox Users while on Xbox and the same for PC, with the choice to play PC against Xbox and so on. Or would it split up more of the community and later on in the game’s life would it be harder to find people? Good question! :smiley: Thanks!!!

> 2533274819171252;7:
> Wouldn’t people playing on PC get an advantage over Xbox users with cross play?

In a RTS i would say hell yes, but it depends on how the controls are for the PC Vs Xbox. Like for example if PC users can click on the minimap and go to the place instantly, that’s a huge advantage over Xbox.

But i believe the option to play only xbox vs xbox or have an option for xbox vs pc/xbox would be cool if there are no advantages, I’m going to play on both so I’m dying to see how it differs.

So if you buy halo wars 2 in Xbox you don’t have to buy it on pc too?

> 2533274819171252;7:

You could play so much quicker than the ones on the Xbox :smiley:

> 2533274963454624;11:
> > 2533274819171252;7:
> > Wouldn’t people playing on PC get an advantage over Xbox users with cross play?
>
>
> You could play so much quicker than the ones on the Xbox :smiley:

That’s my point. They have more precision and speed with mouse as well as a lot more buttons.

Phil Spencer (Head of Xbox division , the guy who M.C.s all MS key note speeches [for those who don’t know]) has been hinting at Keyboard and Mouse support for the Xbox for some time. Hopefully it will be in time for this release.