Paying for battle pass levels

Hey, I noticed a weird bug that lets you buy levels. it would be a shame to leave this in here at launch and lose a game purchase =(

Why? It’s completely optional. It costs in-game currency you earn. And why lose a game purchase, you won’t buy it because of this? The game’s free after all :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274797285180;2:
> Why? It’s completely optional. It costs in-game currency you earn. And why lose a game purchase, you won’t buy it because of this? The game’s free after all :stuck_out_tongue:

someone liked rec cards… that’s placeholder cash for irl $ and doubt i can earn it since i haven’t seen any earned for the 9 hours i’ve played. Nor have i even gained XP TO level besides the challenges. so i can already see they plan to tug me milkies for thy green leafies

its their way of getting around them saying “only one source for gear” like sure you can only get gear from the battle pass. you just happen to be able to buy the entire battle pass.

Having the option to buy battle pass levels is pretty standard in other season pass games like Fortnite & Apex Legends.

> 2535440774349632;5:
> Having the option to buy battle pass levels is pretty standard in other season pass games like Fortnite & Apex Legends.

Ditto!

It seems a little weird to pay battlepass credits to unlock stuff though I’ve never had bought any battlrpass before–

Do not be offended but they have given the information so explicit that it is not necessary to buy it.

You also have to remember that 343 has gone ahead and stated that the multiplayer will be F2P with the campaign being the only part that people would have to pay for. Sadly you can’t pay devs in good vibes as much as I think they would love to only need that to live.

The value benefits from merchandise stores is a lot lower than ingame battlepass lvls and such. Have to think of all the manufacturing, design and shipping for example.
Also its away from the game which means its “extra work” for the consumer to spend their money. instead of just clicking a button.
I do hope there will be a merch store tough, would like a shirt or a mug perhaps

I dont like the battlepass system at all, but in infinite it is better than most if it truly is a single purchase only. Hope thats the only time you need to pry open the wallet if you’re interested in cosmetics for the game…

No idea what the solution should be. Devs need more money than what the retail price is able to provide, but then again people dont really want to pay more than retail price

> 2533275027784715;3:
> > 2533274797285180;2:
> > Why? It’s completely optional. It costs in-game currency you earn. And why lose a game purchase, you won’t buy it because of this? The game’s free after all :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> someone liked rec cards… that’s placeholder cash for irl $ and doubt i can earn it since i haven’t seen any earned for the 9 hours i’ve played. Nor have i even gained XP TO level besides the challenges. so i can already see they plan to tug me milkies for thy green leafies

No I do not love REQ cards, I hate them. In fact I’m not much of a fan of the entire Halo 5 multiplayer. The level buying is just for people who have little time for gaming because they have busy jobs but still care to unlock things. If they want it to unlock a little faster and they don’t mind dishing out a bit of cash, they can. And they should be allowed in my opinion. These aren’t random lootboxes, you get exactly what you want when you click the buy or spend option. Plus: And I can’t state this enough: The multiplayer is gonna be free. Some way of monetization is completely fine and should be implemented to support the team.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/29568daf8cd14083bd1b70a810bf3581/topics/microtransactions-and-the-battle-pass-concerns/27129640-113c-42f3-ad0e-0aa509c5fbaf/posts?page=1#post8

I put a little topic together about this to hopefully alleviate some concerns. It’s not scary or bad.

> 2533275027784715;1:
> Hey, I noticed a weird bug that lets you buy levels. it would be a shame to leave this in here at launch and lose a game purchase =(

Lose a purchase of a free game? How does that work?

> 2533274799136096;13:
> > 2533275027784715;1:
> > Hey, I noticed a weird bug that lets you buy levels. it would be a shame to leave this in here at launch and lose a game purchase =(
>
> Lose a purchase of a free game? How does that work?

An excellent question.

> 2533274797285180;11:
> > 2533275027784715;3:
> > > 2533274797285180;2:
> > > Why? It’s completely optional. It costs in-game currency you earn. And why lose a game purchase, you won’t buy it because of this? The game’s free after all :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > someone liked rec cards… that’s placeholder cash for irl $ and doubt i can earn it since i haven’t seen any earned for the 9 hours i’ve played. Nor have i even gained XP TO level besides the challenges. so i can already see they plan to tug me milkies for thy green leafies
>
> No I do not love REQ cards, I hate them. In fact I’m not much of a fan of the entire Halo 5 multiplayer. The level buying is just for people who have little time for gaming because they have busy jobs but still care to unlock things. If they want it to unlock a little faster and they don’t mind dishing out a bit of cash, they can. And they should be allowed in my opinion. These aren’t random lootboxes, you get exactly what you want when you click the buy or spend option. Plus: And I can’t state this enough: The multiplayer is gonna be free. Some way of monetization is completely fine and should be implemented to support the team.

Entirely this. Buying levels is entirely fine. They’ve taken such a responsible approach to their Battle Pass design I have to applaud them.

• It’s not going to be like a second job trying to ‘make the most’ of the battle pass - No time limits to earn the battle passes you have bought - Allowing buying of levels for people who are cash rich and time poor makes total sense from a business perspective and a player perspective. I’m over 30, have been playing Halo for 20 years, have a busy manager-level job with significant ‘peaks’ during the year, have to travel a lot. I don’t have kids, but I expect that will change during Infinite’s lifespan… life is busy. I don’t need the stress of feeling like I’m two months behind Infinite’s battle pass because Halo is a destressor for me. - Anyone lucky enough to have the time to not need to buy battle pass levels (especially in time limited ones) or disciplined enough to not has my respect.

With the game being F2P, I’m not too fussed. Items being in a Battle Pass negates their in-game value anyway, so being able to buy them all through levels doesn’t really change much.

If you can buy items that are meant to be unlocked through completing challenges, then I’d have more of a problem. But, as it is, this is just the reality of this Multiplayer model. It isn’t how I’d want it in a perfect world, but it’s better than Req packs, and may hopefully keep interest in the game higher, and the population greater, for longer.