PAX: Share your stories!

Hey everyone! Thought I’d break up the trend of threads about DLC codes to talk about something else. So if you happen to be here instead of pressing F5 constantly, then welcome!

I just thought it would be interesting to know if anyone on these forums is at PAX right now. If so, have you met bs angel and the gang yet?

I, unfortunately, am not this year. Despite me heavily considering going. Though thanks to Drax from Ready Up Live, I am there in spirit.

So share your tales! If you didn’t go, do you plan on going another time?

Yesterday at the Grifball panel, the Grifballhub.com folks showed this sweet video.

Its only been one day so far, and we’ve already met so many of you! Looking forward to meeting more today. If you are here, look for me, bsangel, or Total Sellout to say hi!

> Yesterday at the Grifball panel, the Grifballhub.com folks showed this sweet video.
>
> Its only been one day so far, and we’ve already met so many of you! Looking forward to meeting more today. If you are here, look for me, bsangel, or Total Sellout to say hi!

Again I wish I was there to meet you guys! I should bring golf clubs to sign. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wish I could have gone to this thing just like the emerald city comic con.

been in England sucks sometimes, ah well hope those attending have a great time =)

Oops! Didn’t see this thread. How is it over there, I’m so close and I’m missing it all!!

I met everyone at the grifball panel yesterday. It was awesome, also got a early map pack code. I’ll share my story and some pics later tonight. :smiley:

I’ll definitely be going to PAX Prime this year. I have yet to go to a PAX, so it should be cool.

> I’ll definitely be going to PAX Prime this year. I have yet to go to a PAX, so it should be cool.

I think I’m gonna go, too.

> > I’ll definitely be going to PAX Prime this year. I have yet to go to a PAX, so it should be cool.
>
> I think I’m gonna go, too.

You should both go! Then we can get a huge Waypoint community photo with 343 instead of just one of all of us jumping off the top of the spire!

I’ve been having such a good time at PAX, all the waypoint folks are so kind and generous. They’re super cool. If you guys want updates and what not, i’ve also been posting photos (a particularly flattering one of angel that got retweeted a few times ;)) and stuff while i’m at the show floor. My twitter can be found here

Other than that, i’ll be posting my photos here once the weekend is over.

-DK

> Yesterday at the Grifball panel, the Grifballhub.com folks showed this sweet video.

I hear the guy who made that video is incredibly charming.

> > Yesterday at the Grifball panel, the Grifballhub.com folks showed this sweet video.
>
> I hear the guy who made that video is incredibly charming.

Is that so? :wink:

> > Yesterday at the Grifball panel, the Grifballhub.com folks showed this sweet video.
>
> I hear the guy who made that video is incredibly charming.

That’s not what I heard!

> > > Yesterday at the Grifball panel, the Grifballhub.com folks showed this sweet video.
> >
> > I hear the guy who made that video is incredibly charming.
>
>
>
> That’s not what I heard!

Hey, that guy is pretty cool. He put me in that vid. :smiley:

> > > > Yesterday at the Grifball panel, the Grifballhub.com folks showed this sweet video.
> > >
> > > I hear the guy who made that video is incredibly charming.
> >
> >
> >
> > That’s not what I heard!
>
> Hey, that guy is pretty cool. He put me in that vid. :smiley:

the whole time watching it, i was like “hey, I know those people!” and then i thought, “I should come play grifball with them more often… or at all”

and then I had flashbacks about my time with angel when i saw the, uh… “deleted scene”

Being on unemployment and that PaxPrime is in my backyard I decided to skip PaxEast myself.

Does anyone have a ton of pictures to share? I have been looking and can’t find much.

I was there, it was super awesome! I saw a good amount of angel and alison through the whole thing, not much in the way of pictures from me though, sorry!

> Does anyone have a ton of pictures to share? I have been looking and can’t find much.

I don’t know if it qualifies as a ton, but we’ve got quite a few up on our pax page - http://pax.grifballhub.com
Or you if prefer, Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/grifballhub/

I’ve got some poor quality iPhone photos incoming, but those grifball hub ones are better. Overall though, i’d just like to say a few things:

To everyone at PAX - you are all amazing. I have no doubt that PAX would not be as enjoyable an experience as it always is without all of your camaraderie, generosity, and all around awesomeness. Way to go, and I will be seeing you at PAX Prime!

Alison - I don’t know if people realize how crazy hard you - or all of 343 - works and how easy you make it seem, but I can tell you that it’s obvious that you love your job, and that permeates into the community, and we benefit for it greatly, so I thank you. I don’t know the full extent of the work you do, but from what I saw, you’ve got a lot of plates spinning at once, I don’t know that a lot of people could handle so much pressure to perform (certainly not me, I can’t even do spinning plate tricks… I hear it’s all in the wrist)

David - I didn’t even say hi to you because you looked so busy all the time, and when I did see you, you’d always be somewhere different, so it was obvious to me you had a metric ton of stuff to do. Nevertheless, I would like to tell you that you did awesome work and it DEFINITELY showed

Angel - I am astounded at how chipper you constantly are in the face of the absolutely enormous amount of work you do. I saw you tweeting at 3 in the morning, then tweeting again at around 8, which seems to me to be some sort of feat of human endurance not usually shown in everyday life. It’s obvious you’re either crazy, or you love Halo almost more than air, but frankly, probably a little of both. I would honestly say your biggest strength is your ability to make every interaction with a fan something personal and intimate, not easily done when you are the community manager for one of the single largest fan bases in video games (or when you have a throat that’s abandoning you). You treat every person like they are the best fan you’ve got, because you truly believe they are. 343 (i’m sure) knows how lucky they are to have you. Also, your love of 80s tunes and dancing is mighty infectious.

To the GrimBrothers (I and IV) - I’d never met you guys before this weekend, but you are awesome and hilarious and I would gladly brave the battlefield any day with you guys.

To Penny Arcade - What can I say? without these guys, i’d maybe have never met people i’ve known for years. I’d have never experienced the things I have, learned the things I have, networked with the people I have. None of that. So the biggest thanks has to go to these guys.

Those are my thanks, all the other things i have to post aren’t really halo related, so they won’t get posted here, but again, you can follow me ON TWITTER to see that stuff. And with that, I am out!

-DK

EDIT: If anyone is looking for some more photos of the show floor, Joystiq has a gallery up