Patience is a Virtue

As a fan of the Halo series since day one, I would like to add a few thoughts to the conversation regarding The Master Chief Collection. I was a sophomore in college when Combat Evolved came out and have bought each console (Xbox, 360, One) simply because of Halo. I’m sure many of you have done the same over the years. So now we have something that is totally unique and more importantly and true to the Halo spirit this game is REVOLUTIONARY. It is a first in that I can’t think on any other game series in history that is attempting such a feat.

As I mention earlier, I have seen everything that is Halo and in that, I’ve seen a few problems in the past on launches. Bugs, glitches, and connection errors are not uncommon in the video game world. In this case, we have arguably one of the most influential and complex video game series combined into one glorious package. This is truly ground-breaking. If you actually sit down and take the time to play the Campaigns or actually get onto a Multiplayer game, you can see that there aren’t any games that come close to the graphics quality and feel of the game. I’ve played Destiny and I do think that it is a great game but it still lacks in the crispness and quality of the Master Chief Collection. I’ve also played another really popular One game in Assassin’s Creed. If anyone wants to sit here and complain about The Master Chief collection, go compare the graphics, sound, glitches/bugs etc. to Assassin’s Creed. If you can honestly say the graphics are better in AC, you should have your head examined.

We can sit here and nit-pick the bugs that will be fixed. The people at 343 and Xbox live really are dedicated to this game. They are fans just as much as any of us and I bet each one of them wants to go home and play Halo online but can’t as well. I know that may sound like a load of crap, I know that may sound like I am going too far but it is the truth. I would hope if anyone from 343 is reading this that they will agree with me.

So, have some patience, grab a Coke and a smile and in no time, we’ll all be laughing about this.

We will forget about it. Not laugh about it.

So far as patience being a virtue… Tell that to MS. This game should not have shipped like this. MM is one thing. The game crashes far too often.

I agree with you Carnage…it just really sucks right now. Halo is held to such high standards so it made it that much worse being let down.

If I had to blame anyone, it’s Microsoft and Xbox Live that I would point the finger at. It’s in my opinion that there is not the needed server power to support such a popular game at this point. They weren’t prepared for over a million people worldwide trying to log onto the same game at the same time (not to mention the other games that are already being played).

If anything, we should all be playing the campaign modes and getting to know Halo’s roots again. It’s more than just a game to a lot of us but I won’t get into all that. For right now, I’m trying to be patient. If it doesn’t work well by Thanksgiving, then I will be truly disappointed.

I am on the same page as you Carnage. I’m gonna try and have some patience and wait for everything to work well. But for what it’s worth they did do a pretty good job so I can’t complain too much.

Here’s my update so far this afternoon. I stayed home from work today and have been playing matches for the past hour or so.

I’m finding matches with an average of 6 people per game or so in Halo 2.

I’m having the most luck when I make sure that the box on the right says “in lobby” and not “my game session”. Usually if I don’t connect with other people within about 2-3 minutes, I back out.

Some thoughts:

1. I wonder if thousands of people sitting at home, getting frustrated, keep backing out too soon and that has an adverse affect on matchmaking.
  2. I wonder if all playlists are experiencing these loading issues in the same way ( I really haven’t tried to play all game variants).
  3. It seems that sometimes the opposing team takes what seems to be too many shots to take down/kill.

I agree, but that’s because I’m not 16 and have a decent IQ

Anyone else have any better luck today?

hola alguien en español

> 2742370487394498;1:
> As a fan of the Halo series since day one, I would like to add a few thoughts to the conversation regarding The Master Chief Collection. I was a sophomore in college when Combat Evolved came out and have bought each console (Xbox, 360, One) simply because of Halo. I’m sure many of you have done the same over the years. So now we have something that is totally unique and more importantly and true to the Halo spirit this game is REVOLUTIONARY. It is a first in that I can’t think on any other game series in history that is attempting such a feat.
>
> As I mention earlier, I have seen everything that is Halo and in that, I’ve seen a few problems in the past on launches. Bugs, glitches, and connection errors are not uncommon in the video game world. In this case, we have arguably one of the most influential and complex video game series combined into one glorious package. This is truly ground-breaking. If you actually sit down and take the time to play the Campaigns or actually get onto a Multiplayer game, you can see that there aren’t any games that come close to the graphics quality and feel of the game. I’ve played Destiny and I do think that it is a great game but it still lacks in the crispness and quality of the Master Chief Collection. I’ve also played another really popular One game in Assassin’s Creed. If anyone wants to sit here and complain about The Master Chief collection, go compare the graphics, sound, glitches/bugs etc. to Assassin’s Creed. If you can honestly say the graphics are better in AC, you should have your head examined.
>
> We can sit here and nit-pick the bugs that will be fixed. The people at 343 and Xbox live really are dedicated to this game. They are fans just as much as any of us and I bet each one of them wants to go home and play Halo online but can’t as well. I know that may sound like a load of crap, I know that may sound like I am going too far but it is the truth. I would hope if anyone from 343 is reading this that they will agree with me.
>
> So, have some patience, grab a Coke and a smile and in no time, we’ll all be laughing about this.

Patience is a virtue? How about Microsoft/343 were a little more patient pre launch and fixed all of the games problems before releasing it.

You do realize that it is better to have a game release well-before Christmas? In the video-game-release world, there is no such thing as a guarantee that the game won’t work. You do realize that there is literally NO WAY to find problems in a game until the servers feel the full load of the weight of the masses around the world.
So, if people who say they should have waited really have no idea what goes into program/application development and release. You have to have a real-world test. Developers know through years of data that it is more profitable, more beneficial to the end-user, and more prudent in terms of fixing bugs to release the games at this time of year. Try to realize that if 1 million people bought the game last week, another half-a-million will be getting the game from Santa Claus. The only way to find out about this matchmaking problem is to actually have that amount of users on at once. There is no other way. So imagine the even BIGGER disappointment to 1.5 million people worldwide on Christmas that couldn’t play if they pushed the release back.

Has anyone here played Day Z?

No, why do you ask?