Patch is live!

The patch for multiplayer is live! In fact here is a streamer that is downloading it and will begin playing after it’s done.

Mine just went live :slight_smile:

Awesome!

Thanks for the heads up. :slight_smile:

Not there for me :frowning: Tried unplugging, resetting, nothing.

Thanks buddy :slight_smile:

A lot of people are still having trouble getting it. I’ve hard reset twice and I still don’t have the update.

Be patient, it may take a while for the xbox to detect that the update is there. People with Discs will have it now as it will check when starting up of the update

Thanks for the notice!

how do you prompt the download for the patch if you cannot launch the game?

Thanks for the heads up, ill see if it downloaded when I get home. Is there a way to check to see? I have my Xbox on sleep so downloads can happen in the background.

> 2533274827537767;10:
> Thanks for the heads up, ill see if it downloaded when I get home. Is there a way to check to see? I have my Xbox on sleep so downloads can happen in the background.

You’ll have file size of around 55 GB if it updates.

Is this for people who have the disk early or something?

downloading now

In theory if all the following are true…

1. the console is connected to the internet
  2. the console is set to “Instant On”
  3. Halo 5 Guardians is installed
  4. there’s at least 9Gb of free HDD space

The patch should automatically download and install.

NXOE user here. Got the digital version downloaded, and just switched on to find patch updating, gone from 8 to 15% in the time it took me to write this…16% now :slight_smile: hopefully the rest of you boys and girls will have soon

> 2533274886341460;14:
> In theory if all the following are true…
>
> 1) the console is connected to the internet
> 2) the console is set to " Instant On"
> 3) Halo 5 Guardians is installed
> 4) there’s at least 9Gn of free HDD space
>
> The patch should automatically download and install.

^This

those who do not have instant on on the new dashboard

just go to my apps and games, click on halo 5, it will give you another “install” option if it is preloaded and the patch will start downloading

> 2592250499819446;11:
> > 2533274827537767;10:
> > Thanks for the heads up, ill see if it downloaded when I get home. Is there a way to check to see? I have my Xbox on sleep so downloads can happen in the background.
>
>
> You’ll have file size of around 55 GB if it updates.

Is that based on 46 base plus 9 update, or are you looking at your completed file size?

If mine did it while I’ve been at work I’d like to know how to really tell that it was done.

yea this isnt downloading for me. i have the 46.1 game pre-downloaded and the “instant on” feature enabled. ive restarted and no patch still

> 2535411711152989;18:
> > 2592250499819446;11:
> > > 2533274827537767;10:
> > > Thanks for the heads up, ill see if it downloaded when I get home. Is there a way to check to see? I have my Xbox on sleep so downloads can happen in the background.
> >
> >
> > You’ll have file size of around 55 GB if it updates.
>
>
> Is that based on 46 base plus 9 update, or are you looking at your completed file size?
>
> If mine did it while I’ve been at work I’d like to know how to really tell that it was done.

The patch is the entire multiplayer components, so it is adding to the base install. Therefore the install size will increase.