Party Warm up match while searching for games?

Just bouncing around this idea to see what you guys think.

Would anyone else like to see your party be placed in a small warm up type map like the octagon custom map from halo 3 so you could mess around or warm up while searching for a match? Match searching times can be painfully long sometimes and I feel like this would be a great way to pass the time while searching for a matchmaking game. Thoughts?

I’m going to have to kindly disagree. It just seems like a bit much when you consider that wait times are really not that long. You start playing and maybe get a few kills and then the voting screen would be up. I think if the implement anything extra to the lobby it should be a hot or not armor rating. :slight_smile:

> I’m going to have to kindly disagree. It just seems like a bit much when you consider that wait times are really not that long. You start playing and maybe get a few kills and then the voting screen would be up. I think if the implement anything extra to the lobby it should be a hot or not armor rating. :slight_smile:

These warm up games wouldn’t count towards stats or anything its just something to do. I like your hot or not armor idea though.

Maybe even make the matchmaking lobby a small octagon type map where you can mess around while waiting for your friends to join the lobby. The party leader can have his own menue that lets him select what game to search for, party restrictions, etc.

I’m mainly thinking of all the extra thinking power it would take. If you’re loading up a map in between finding a game it just seems like a bunch of stuff all at once. I’d be for the idea I just don’t think that it would ever be implemented as it would probably cause problems. The Hot or Not armor is just a small suggestion. That or Halo trivia or something small should go on in between lobbies. I agree with you to the point where I think that waiting between games can sometimes be boring.

I actually like this idea. when i am waiting for reach to load i could play a game with friends

It’s a cool idea, but I think it would take more effort to implement than it’s worth. Loading times are rarely long enough to get a proper “warm-up” anyhow.

> I actually like this idea. when i am waiting for reach to load i could play a game with friends

Thank you. I am talking about halo 4 not reach though haha. Keep the thoughts coming people.

> It’s a cool idea, but I think it would take more effort to implement than it’s worth. Loading times are rarely long enough to get a proper “warm-up” anyhow.

I’m talking about the time it takes to find a game via the matchmaking system and the lobbies you just sit in before you start searching for a game, not the map loading times. Just want to make sure you know what I’m suggesting.

What would be the point? I find matchmaking never takes longer than a few seconds.

Maybe warm-up in custom games first? Plus search times are like what less than 1 min?