Party Preferences are BROKEN. They need an update.

Please use this thread to adress your grievances about party preferences not doing a thing.

Example, I want to play with Chatty people so I can have a fun social game and/or coordinate with my team, but almost every single match I get is only with people without a mike and the other half in party chat. If I could, I would choose an option to wait longer so that I could be matched up with headset-wearing players only.

And what’s up with these party chat people? Why are there so many of them? I would think players would rather talk to the people they are actually playing with instead of talking about random stuff that distracts them from the game.

Also, I notice we didn’t have this problem in Halo 3. Maybe it was because there was no party chat then, cuz the majority of players I was matched with were available to speak to.

I agree, I always search for ‘Chatty’ and i ALWAYS have my mic on. Yet probably 90% of the players I see are no-mic or in party chat.

IMO, the “chatty” preference should match you primarily against players who have their mics plugged in and not in party chat

> Please use this thread to adress your grievances about party preferences not doing a thing.
>
> Example, I want to play with Chatty people so I can have a fun social game and/or coordinate with my team, but almost every single match I get is only with people without a mike and the other half in party chat. If I could, I would choose an option to wait longer so that I could be matched up with headset-wearing players only.

Nobody named Mike was in the game? It is such a common name, too.

IMO If you set your preference to “Chatty” you should only be matched up to people with mic’s and they cannot be in a party.

Your choosing to set it to chatty if it takes longer to find a game so be it that’s the price your choosing to pay, Can’t find a match? change your preference back No harm no foul.