Party chat has ruined matchmaking

I’ll say it once, I’ll say it again. Party chat is the worst thing to happen to gaming, and I will explain why. Firstly, it makes game chat communication absolutely useless. I am so tired of getting teamed up with teams of 3 only to have my callouts not acted upon because said teammates are in party chat. It is the most frustrating thing to tell Timmy to watch his back only to see him get assassinated because he can’t hear me. Party chat NEEDS to be disabled for competitive play. If you don’t like hearing other people speak, mute them or go to FFA. Second, do you know how depressing it is to play 20 games in a row and not hear a single voice? I hate it. The only reason I’m ever in party chat is if I’m playing with friends and they refuse to go into game chat because they’re lazy, or if we have a full team, or if I’m playing a different game. I want to know who exactly is responsible for this because this takes the aspect of being competitive right out of the game unless you’re playing with a full team, which honestly is a luxury. I don’t have that many friends that play this game anymore so I HAVE to go solo. This is so frustrating.

Stop whining and play with friends then you can party chat with them.

I sympathize with you and when we have three I would like to go into game chat so the random can hear us. The problem is that game chat has a lower audio quality and it mutes in different parts of the lobby, so it’s to annoying and we stay in party chat.

> 2533274922340802;2:
> Stop whining and play with friends then you can party chat with them.

Did you not read that I don’t have the luxury of friends who play this game? Or did you just see the title and decide to play the “Stop whining” card?

> 2601632999034921;3:
> I sympathize with you and when we have three I would like to go into game chat so the random can hear us. The problem is that game chat has a lower audio quality and it mutes in different parts of the lobby, so it’s to annoying and we stay in party chat.

I will agree with that. The game has been out since October and they still haven’t fixed it.

> 2601632999034921;3:
> I sympathize with you and when we have three I would like to go into game chat so the random can hear us. The problem is that game chat has a lower audio quality and it mutes in different parts of the lobby, so it’s to annoying and we stay in party chat.

Omg

Besides the low quality of sound, it’s actually because there is no split screen. They forced everyone to have there own xbox so instead of sitting in the living room with my friends we have to each be at home (unless you want to tote your xbox around).

You can be my friend I’ll have a chat with you :slight_smile: I some what agree with your post I’ll go into game chat when I’m alone and no friends are playing halo

When I’m in a party of 2-3 people, we usually all switch to game chat.

Well when you can’t even talk to your friends in the lobby, I’m not going to waste my time switching back and forth. It’s more incentive for 343i to fix the damn problem. Why should that responsibility fall on me? I didn’t design this game, so I’ll be in party chat. Besides, I don’t want to hear your dubstep or rap in the background, racial slurs, or you yelling at your mother. It’s awkward, unappealing, and -Yoinking!- annoying in my ear. Then you have the people who have a kinnect and their game echos through mic, along with every other noise.

I have tried communicating with teams when playing solo. I’ve only ever worked together with someone once. Every other time it was dead silent. This game just isn’t as fun to play solo; certainly not with the lack of game modes.

I miss trash talking before and after matches… Halo 5 you can do that but ppl are always in party chat and cant hear me trash talk :frowning:

I miss hearing people curse the -Yoink- out of each other like in Halo 3