parties and quitters

2 changes need to be implemented

1. have the option to NOT be paired with people in parties… there are many reasons for this from friends betraying each other hurting the team to being paired with some1 that has 2 guests who dont know how to play to being paired against a premade of people that play very well together which usually ends up with people on the other team quitting

2. if 3 people quit, in a slayer game, end it… it is much more rare for some1 to 1v4 and win then lose… just end the game and dont count it as a loss for the person who didnt quit… im sick of being left in games with teammates that quit and then being threatened that if i leave any more games then i wont be able to join match making

Play another game dude.

The quit ban has been the same so far and I doubt it’s going to change anytime soon assuming it can be changed/removed.

i dont want the quit ban removed at all… i want it to be harsher if anything… i just dont think that the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th person should be penalized after 1 person quits

The only thing that needs to be done is detect when someone is about to search a team playlist by themselves and throw up a notification similar to the “Music Playing” campaign notification, having it remind the user that they may not have an optimal matchmaking experience by going in alone.

What if all three players lag out around the same time due to a bad host?

You can’t just go banning the person the game thinks left first in such a situation, quitting sucks but it isn’t going to change because Reach in frustrating and not enjoyable for a lot of people who just keep playing because they’re loyal to the series or can’t afford or like another another game.

Stick to Rumble Pit?

in other games lag is not an excuse… it counts as a quit… in this game lag is not an excuse either… if you dont have a stable connection, dont play. if it happens once in a while you will clearly be fine…it isnt too hard to implement a harsher quitting punishment… if player has x amount of quits in y amount of playtime, then the player will be punished accordingly… if it happens too much then they should be limited to a playlist of people who quit often

quitting has been a problem in all halos not just reach… it was much worse in halo 3

anyways i have a bigger concern with constantly being paired against parties

on a side note i have had people quit the past 4 games at the very start

i have found that the secret to winning everygame in halo is to party with players that are an eclipse or higher… with a full party the other team will quit at either the start or at the first announcement of “lost the lead”

> 2 changes need to be implemented
>
> 1. have the option to NOT be paired with people in parties… there are many reasons for this from friends betraying each other hurting the team to being paired with some1 that has 2 guests who dont know how to play to being paired against a premade of people that play very well together which usually ends up with people on the other team quitting
>
> 2. if 3 people quit, in a slayer game, end it… it is much more rare for some1 to 1v4 and win then lose… just end the game and dont count it as a loss for the person who didnt quit… im sick of being left in games with teammates that quit and then being threatened that if i leave any more games then i wont be able to join match making

You must quit a lot to get that message. I have never seen that message in 12 months of playing reach

I admit it really sucks when ur paired up with a pary and that party drops out, but hey, who ever said war was easy? Just do what i do when i get stuck in a 1v4 situation…make it as difficult as possible for the other team.

How about you go get some friends to play with and quit moaning?

Life and Halo are not always fair. Get over it and just have fun.

I agree that the ridiculously high number of quitters pretty much ruins the online experience. I would suggest that if a player quits 3 times in an hour, they receive a 10 minute ban. 5 in an hour they get a 24-hour ban. Furthermore, if you quit you forfeit all credits you earned during the game. (resetting challenges, if challenges were completed)

To counter this, we need to make more incentive for completing the game. Maybe a 10% increase to the base credits you earned in the game? (base being for game performance, not including bonuses from slot machines, challenges, commendation ranks, etc.) An additional 20% increase for winning the game would be nice, as it would encourage people to actually try to play it right instead of just padding their stats…