Part of why the DMR broke Reach

Part of why the DMR was broken in Reach was its Range of Fire I think it was 3x zoom + if you crouched you had little to no Bloom depending on the settings .

Have a gun that can shoot across 96% of the maps with no problem makes MAPS MOVEMENT Very difficult and a huge issue .

I understand the DMR is in Halo 4 and that’s fine but don’t make its Range of Fire so far that’s its just like a sniper .

Maybe im alone in this maybe im not

I’m assuming that the maps will haves tons of cover, like Haven and Adrift.

For me it was bloom… the rate of fire cap needs to be made slower so you can shoot your weapon until bloom has reset… The DMR was far to easy to spam at all ranges.

> For me it was bloom… the rate of fire cap needs to be made slower so you can shoot your weapon until bloom has reset… The DMR was far to easy to spam at all ranges.

The Halo 4 DMR is actually stronger then Reaches. The Bloom on it is the 85% TU bloom which works very well from what I’ve seen.

> I’m assuming that the maps will haves tons of cover, like Haven and Adrift.

Some sure but any bigger maps will have very little map moment if the DMR’s Range of Fire is the same so in reach.

Think about BTB maps in Reach and a halfway decent team shot .

People can just set in the base and shoot …

The DMR is not to be fully blamed. In Halo 2 the battle rifle was second to nothing. Unbelievably powerful, quick killing and having lots of ammo it dominated the sandbox from the beginning of Halo 2. Despite this Halo 2’s MM is considered to be one of the best out of all of the matchmaking systems. Even thought the BR did dominate the sandbox and slaughter players it was balanced by the map design - plenty of cover on all of the maps while still having some smaller open areas ->unlike Reach.

Have you ever noticed that Reach has lots of open areas? Boardwalk -3 open strips, Pinnacle -very little cover and buildings and even Countdown -large open centre. Many Reach maps need to have these open areas to allow AA to be useful. Other times it is just poor map design. No matter what precision weapons are used, the map design leaves players open to attack.

Mainly the map design is to be blamed not the DMR (although the DMR does have its fair share of problems)

Sprint also counters the DMR at range. If you’re getting killed by it then you are most likely stationary/slow moving if not trying to return fire instead of finding cover and gap closing.

As long as there is enough cover, that shouldn’t be a problem.

> The DMR is not to be blamed. In Halo 2 the battle rifle was second to nothing. Unbelievably powerful, quick killing and having lots of ammo it dominated the sandbox from the beginning of Halo 2. Despite this Halo 2’s MM is considered to be one of the best out of all of the matchmaking systems. Even thought the BR did dominate the sandbox and slaughter players it was balanced by the map design - plenty of cover on all of the maps while still having some smaller open areas ->unlike Reach.
>
> Have you ever noticed that Reach has lots of open areas? Boardwalk -3 open strips, Pinnacle -very little cover and buildings and even Countdown -large open centre. Many Reach maps need to have these open areas to allow AA to be useful. Other times it is just poor map design. No matter what precision weapons are used, the map design leaves players open to attack.
>
> Mainly the map design is to be blamed not the DMR

The Br from HALO 3 could shot from base to base on standoff but it was HARD to kill from that range add the DMR to the same map and you could kill from behind the base to the other side of the map behind the base.

ITS both the DMR Range of Fire and MAPs Not just the maps although it didnt help.

I would have liked a 2x scope on it, but overall, I much prefer the ZB DMR over the BR. It was more consistent online, and single shot > burst shot for competitive play.

The DMR might change once the game is actually out.

can be easily fixed by good map design that breaks up lines of sight and provides lots of safe room to maneuver the map

> I would have liked a 2x scope on it, but overall, I much prefer the ZB DMR over the BR. It was more consistent online, and single shot > burst shot for competitive play.

Yes 2X zoom would have made the game play much better EVEN more so at the high % game play

If the HALO 4 DMR has 3x zoom and the same <mark>RANGE OF FIRE</mark> we are in for slow game play at HIGH levels.

There are several reasons the DMR broke Reach but the ABSOLUTE BIGGEST one:

It Shoots almost perfectly straight, AND has hitscan. This is BAD. VERY VERY bad. The only reason hitscan worked in Halo CE and 2 was because of spread making cross mapping actually remotely difficult, the BR had it perfect. You would reliably hit with ONE or TWO bullets accross maps, resulting in taking MORE SHOTS to kill at those ranges. But the DMR? Just point and shoot. You literally don’t need skill to use it, the gun pulls it’s 5 shot kills FOR you. And if the other guy shot first, it’s ok, throw a grenade in his general direction, you’re guaranteed to trade kills, there’s nothing he can do about it. (Grenades were bad too.)

Halo 3’s Bullet Travel Time was the GREATEST concept to prevent no-skill play. But it would have been alot better if it didn’t have the ridiculous spread Halo 3’s BR suffered. Yes the BR was inconsistent, and you can blame Bullet Travel leading to bad netcode all you want. The truth was if you couldn’t at least 5 shot in mid range fights consistently online, you were probably just bad. The ONLY inconsistencies actually existed in the Spread making it difficult as all hell to get a perfect 4 shot. If the BR in Halo 3 had tighter spread, it would have been literally perfect, even in the online environment.

> There are several reasons the DMR broke Reach but the ABSOLUTE BIGGEST one:
>
> It Shoots almost perfectly straight, AND has hitscan. This is BAD. VERY VERY bad. The only reason hitscan worked in Halo CE and 2 was because of spread making cross mapping actually remotely difficult, the BR had it perfect. You would reliably hit with ONE or TWO bullets accross maps, resulting in taking MORE SHOTS to kill at those ranges. But the DMR? Just point and shoot. You literally don’t need skill to use it, the gun pulls it’s 5 shot kills FOR you. And if the other guy shot first, it’s ok, throw a grenade in his general direction, you’re guaranteed to trade kills, there’s nothing he can do about it. (Grenades were bad too.)
>
> Halo 3’s Bullet Travel Time was the GREATEST concept to prevent no-skill play. But it would have been alot better if it didn’t have the ridiculous spread Halo 3’s BR suffered. Yes the BR was inconsistent, and you can blame Bullet Travel leading to bad netcode all you want. The truth was if you couldn’t at least 5 shot in mid range fights consistently online, you were probably just bad. The ONLY inconsistencies actually existed in the Spread making it difficult as all hell to get a perfect 4 shot. If the BR in Halo 3 had tighter spread, it would have been literally perfect, even in the online environment.

HALO 4 has hitscan and both the DMR & BR
tell me you thoughts

I just dont want ANY gun to have a 3x zoom other then the <mark>sniper</mark>

> There are several reasons the DMR broke Reach but the ABSOLUTE BIGGEST one:
>
> It Shoots almost perfectly straight, AND has hitscan. This is BAD. VERY VERY bad. The only reason hitscan worked in Halo CE and 2 was because of spread making cross mapping actually remotely difficult, the BR had it perfect. You would reliably hit with ONE or TWO bullets accross maps, resulting in taking MORE SHOTS to kill at those ranges. But the DMR? Just point and shoot. You literally don’t need skill to use it, the gun pulls it’s 5 shot kills FOR you. And if the other guy shot first, it’s ok, throw a grenade in his general direction, you’re guaranteed to trade kills, there’s nothing he can do about it. (Grenades were bad too.)
>
> Halo 3’s Bullet Travel Time was the GREATEST concept to prevent no-skill play. But it would have been alot better if it didn’t have the ridiculous spread Halo 3’s BR suffered. Yes the BR was inconsistent, and you can blame Bullet Travel leading to bad netcode all you want. The truth was if you couldn’t at least 5 shot in mid range fights consistently online, you were probably just bad. The ONLY inconsistencies actually existed in the Spread making it difficult as all hell to get a perfect 4 shot. If the BR in Halo 3 had tighter spread, it would have been literally perfect, even in the online environment.

Halo CE is not hitscan. It was shot lead with minimal almost non-existent spread. You could perfect three shot across hang em high with perfect aim, but perfect aim was nigh impossible. The limiting factor for long range ability should never be due to spread. Just make the gun harder to aim at range, thereby making the players ability the only factor.

Spread is a garbage mechanic.

So the gun is so accurate it broke the game?

Range is fine. It’s the lack of cover that can be troublesome.

Plus, the TU playlists made everything much easier to play, thus making the DMR a much needed weapon a good number of times, and the Needle Rifle being almost a power weapon with its virtually-non-existant spread.

I’m all for bullet travel, but only if the game doesn’t lag up because of it. :confused:

Internet connections are too inconsistent for bullet travel to work with medium power weapons at medium range. Too many shots, too many chances for a shot lost in translation to actually make a difference. That’s why in the Halo 3 MLG days teams HAD to train on LANs in order to be competitive. Nowadays they still do LANs, but they aren’t as mandatory as they used to be.

So hitscan is here to stay, and I personally am a fan.

The crouch technique is actually good

the only real thing wrong with the dmr is when your shot on the corner of your moving hog that’s trying to turn even the slightest you will literally
have the dmr bullet move you with unrealistic flying proportions