Parangosky must be dead now

Let’s be honest, Parangosky is 96 by Halo 4, and she has to be dead. I wonder if this means if ONI will continue with her plan to try to wipe the Sangheili off the map.

It is rather pathetic that humans can’t live to 150 in this universe. Their medicine should be extremely advanced seeing as they can cure cancer like a common cold and preform augmentations.

Bungie was always inconsistent.

> It is rather pathetic that humans can’t live to 150 in this universe. Their medicine should be extremely advanced seeing as they can cure cancer like a common cold and preform augmentations.
>
> Bungie was always inconsistent.

It’s never actually stated what the average Human life span is in Halo. And there is only one character I can think of that has died of old age(Johnson’s aunt), and even then I don’t think they actually mentioned her age.

Then why is Maggie frail and on the verge of death? She should have spent decades in Cryo not to mention i doubt she saw any action (or very limited) in the field. 96 is too young.

> It is rather pathetic that humans can’t live to 150 in this universe. Their medicine should be extremely advanced seeing as they can cure cancer like a common cold and preform augmentations.
>
> Bungie was always inconsistent.

You do realize that the whole “cancer cure” thing is from Halo: Evolutions, right? Pretty sure that 343 (Or what would become 343) was in charge of that, for even the original edition of Evolutions is lacking the Bungie logo, as is the 2009 version of Ghosts of Onyx that was released in a bundle with Contact Harvest and The Cole Protocol.

Even when she was 70, Parangosky has been described as overly fragile. Perhaps she has ALWAYS had a fragile appearance? Maybe she just ages like milk(as in poorly)?

Again, as someone has said before, the Bungie novels never really told us what the average lifespan of a human was at that time, it was Traviss who told us that Paragansky was dying, not Bungie.

Yes i know where it comes from but that doesn’t magically make bungie’s far ranging views inconsistent. I brought up the spartan’s augmentations for a reason as if they are able to manipulate the body using drugs they in turn should be able to do so with the goal of increasing lifespan.

It doesn’t make sense for them to have such advance drugs,flash cloning,robotic body parts (all bungie) yet humans still have short lives.

It is irrelevant if it is stated or not since you can see a person’s age. Lord Hood looks to be in his late 40’s early 50’s right? If they lived to be around 150 then he wouldn’t even be halfway through his lifespan and wouldn’t look “old”.

Unless they can live to 150 but the last 50 years are spent sitting in a hospital bed because they can’t do anything.

That should change soon as Humanity progresses from now on. The Lord of Admirals was over 1000 years old when the Didact finally got a hold of him, which is an indication of how far Humanity can go.

> That should change soon as Humanity progresses from now on. The Lord of Admirals was over 1000 years old when the Didact finally got a hold of him, which is an indication of how far Humanity can go.

source?

I took the librarian’s statement to mean it took the Didact 1,000 years to compose the humans as we know he didn’t go into a cryptum right after the war was over. well from cryptum that is. In Primordium forthencho himself says the war was 51 years.

I don’t some races of Ancient humans living for long periods as Riser’s kind could live for a few thousand. But from Forthencho’s line about forerunner’s living on like bright torches i don’t think he was too old.

In a world where everyone has cloned organs and cryosleep 96 is young. Johnson was in his late 80’s and still fighting pretty good.

As Mendicant said, Human life span should be quite longer now.

Its possible that Maggie was just a fragile looking person, i herited or weak in general. But I don’t think she “has to be dead”.
Reaching the 90’s should be pretty common 500 years in the future.

Wasn’t Johnson like 70 something, and still kickin Yoink!?

She lives only on pure malevolence at this point.

> In a world where everyone has cloned organs and cryosleep 96 is young. Johnson was in his late 80’s and still fighting pretty good.

You can probably shave 40-50 years off that do to cryo.

> She lives only on pure malevolence at this point.

Don’t forget the souls of children. Mm mm mmm, nutritious.

> It doesn’t make sense for them to have such advance drugs,flash cloning,robotic body parts (all bungie) yet humans still have short lives.

Bungie also never stated what the life expectancy was. You’re going out of your way to bash Bungie, yet the problems you bring up were made by 343/Traviss.

> It is irrelevant if it is stated or not since you can see a person’s age. Lord Hood looks to be in his late 40’s early 50’s right? If they lived to be around 150 then he wouldn’t even be halfway through his lifespan and wouldn’t look “old”.

It’s possible for people to look bad for their age. My grandfather is in his 70s and looks like he’s in his early sixties, and my grandmother who’s the same age looks like she’s in her 80s.

Also, Lord Hood is 64 years old as of 2554. I guess he didn’t partake in extensive space travel that much.

> > It doesn’t make sense for them to have such advance drugs,flash cloning,robotic body parts (all bungie) yet humans still have short lives.
>
> Bungie also never stated what the life expectancy was. You’re going out of your way to bash Bungie, yet the problems you bring up were made by 343/Traviss.
>
>
>
>
> > It is irrelevant if it is stated or not since you can see a person’s age. Lord Hood looks to be in his late 40’s early 50’s right? If they lived to be around 150 then he wouldn’t even be halfway through his lifespan and wouldn’t look “old”.
>
> It’s possible for people to look bad for their age. My grandfather is in his 70s and looks like he’s in his early sixties, and my grandmother who’s the same age looks like she’s in her 80s.
>
> Also, Lord Hood is 64 years old as of 2554. I guess he didn’t partake in extensive space travel that much.

If you think i am “going out of my way to bash bungie” then you are mistaken and that came off as wrong. I do not see how stating bungie’s inconsistency merits as “going out of my way to bash them”. The point of that was me showing how they have all these advances in medicine yet the lifespan hasn’t increased dramatically.

Everything i stated in the post with (all bungie) was indeed all bungie and i was using that to show the inconsistency in this field.

Stress is the major factor with that followed by health habits. See, i wasn’t too far off the mark then. I think Lord Hood generally stayed around earth which could be an explanation for that.

> If you think i am “going out of my way to bash bungie” then you are mistaken and that came off as wrong. I do not see how stating bungie’s inconsistency merits as “going out of my way to bash them”. The point of that was me showing how they have all these advances in medicine yet the lifespan hasn’t increased dramatically.
>
>
> Everything i stated in the post with (all bungie) was indeed all bungie and i was using that to show the inconsistency in this field.

That’s KAREN TRAVISS being inconsistent(what a surprise). SHE was the one who said that because Parangosky was in her 90s that she was approaching death. That’s HER fault for not taking into account the advances in medicine that the Halo Universe had achieved as Bungie had stated.

> Stress is the major factor with that followed by health habits. See, i wasn’t too far off the mark then. I think Lord Hood generally stayed around earth which could be an explanation for that.

Considering that we only see Hood at ceremonies or conversing with the Sangheili, it’s not that surprising that he looks his age.

Nothing in the lore contradicts what she said though and i HATE Karen Travis.

> Nothing in the lore contradicts what she said though and i HATE Karen Travis.

You just said that it was inconsistent that the UNSC had such advances in the field of medicine and yet did not have a longer lifespan, even though SHE was the one who said that the lifespan wasn’t longer.

> > Nothing in the lore contradicts what she said though and i HATE Karen Travis.
>
> You just said that it was inconsistent that the UNSC had such advances in the field of medicine and yet did not have a longer lifespan, even though SHE was the one who said that the lifespan wasn’t longer.

You keep acting like 343I magically changed something with saying maggie is on her last leg when i state that doesn’t contradict what bungie already set up. For maggie to die at 96 doesn’t go against this whole advanced but not advanced theme bungie set up.

> Parangosky looked fragile and closer to 170 years old than her actual seventy years,

That was from GoO, which was written under bungie.

> I brought up the spartan’s augmentations for a reason as if they are able to manipulate the body using drugs they in turn should be able to do so with the goal of increasing lifespan.

Look, you said that Bungie is being inconsistent because humans don’t live longer even with their advances in medicine, even though Karen Traviss was the one who said that Parangosky was on the verge of death at 96.

When did Bungie EVER state that the human life expectancy was never lengthened even with their advance medicine? They didn’t. So, HOW DOES THAT MAKE BUNGIE INCONSISTENT?!

EDIT: Goddammit, I keep mashing the Thank Button when I go to the “Quote” option.