Par scores above par?

Par is supposed to mean average right?

Here’s an example halo ce pillar of autumn.
Par score 17,000.
Best me and a friend could get in 10 attempts was ~14,000~.
Heroic, faster than par time, no deaths all enemies dead.
Time x3 difficulty X2 skull modifiyer +.50x
Again and again barely over 14,000, don’t even get me started on " the truth and reconciliation".

Par = average not , mlg.

Par times were soo easy, thought scores would be too.
Guess I have to do laso. =(
Well I have to do laso anyway…

You know. I found a easier time getting Par Score in the 360 versions then the Xbone ones.

LASO is no guarantee of a par score. Yes, that is a negative sign. And, yes, that is a 6 digit number.

I think when you do co-op it splits the score. I got all my par score on CE doing Legendary solo. I’m no pro. You can do it!

Btw. Par doesn’t mean average in this case. It means there’s a set standard they want you to meet. And while par times are easy on Easy (they should’ve been set to Heroic IMO). Par scores are not.

Trust me. Par scores in golf are really difficult for most people.

I can’t get a time bonus in legendary.solo.
And legendary co-op friends always die.
(Score drops)
Take too long or die too many times you can no longer score points. Regardless of kills.
But I have reolised that halo ce doesn’t tally score right.
Time x3.0 difficulty X2.0 and +.50 skull = 5.50x
The score I have before game end ×5.5 doesn’t
Equal what I get in the end. Solo or co-op.

> 2533274983213185;6:
> I can’t get a time bonus in legendary.solo.
> And legendary co-op friends always die.
> (Score drops)
> It shares score their kills add score.
> But I have reolised that halo ce doesn’t tally score right.
> Time x3.0 difficulty X2.0 and +.50 skull = 5.50x
> The score I have before game end ×5.5 doesn’t
> Equal what I get in the end. Solo or co-op.

I’ve learned that doing the par score on Heroic is easier. Because your able to finish faster and there are less deaths. So with skulls added, your score will be slightly higher then if you did it on Legendary

Easy all skulls on is harder than basic legendary.
Some missions are easy solo, some are easy co op. (Less than 5 attempts)
But some are infuriating , near impossable.

Even if you do it fast, no deaths constantly getting
Just under par.

What does it matter it’s not like I’m ever getting 100% not with laso on the achievement list.

> 2533274983213185;8:
> Easy all skulls on is harder than basic legendary.
> Some missions are easy solo, some are easy co op. (Less than 5 attempts)
> But some are infuriating , near impossable.
>
> Even if you do it fast, no deaths constantly getting
> Just under par.
>
> What does it matter it’s not like I’m ever getting 100% not with laso on the achievement list.

Never said easy with all skulls.

Heroic with the Skulls that add multiplayer, but don’t make the level impossible. So maybe like 4 or 5 skulls. Depends on the level. That’s how I did it

I thought with as easy as the Par Times were that the Par Scores wouldn’t be to bad, but I am in the same boat as you. My friend and I get just a couple thousands points away quite often.

Honestly I just did each level as quickly as a I could without dying, getting multikills, and sprees. Also did it with competitive time just so I saw the FINAL score with time bonus added on the spot. Made assault on the control room a lot faster, I already hit above par score, and the very next spot you could skip with boarding a banshee. So just djd that to save maybe 15 minutes I did t need.
Also did them usually on heroic.

> 2533274983213185;6:
> I can’t get a time bonus in legendary.solo.
> And legendary co-op friends always die.
> (Score drops)
> Take too long or die too many times you can no longer score points. Regardless of kills.
> But I have reolised that halo ce doesn’t tally score right.
> Time x3.0 difficulty X2.0 and +.50 skull = 5.50x
> The score I have before game end ×5.5 doesn’t
> Equal what I get in the end. Solo or co-op.

Oh, that 3x time bonus is assuming you beat it under par time. The moment you hit par time the bonus starts going down. If you want to see your score WITH your time bonus on the spot select competitive scoring.
It takes the time bonus into effect, bjt as a result once you hit the par time and exceed it your score plummets because you loose the time bonus. But there is no guess work because its showing all bonuses applied to your score. If you hjt casual, it only shows you your score with difficulty and skulls applied, then just applies the same time bonus.
That caused a lot kf confusion when the game launched, especially since the par scores were almost all 25k across the board, some larger maps I think were even 50k. Yeah not too fun there.

I got all the par scores solo. Yes they are tougher than the par times, some way more tough. A common misconception is it has to be on legendary. I was struggled the most with HCE, the truth and reconciliation, mainly because I had it on legendary. Well I turned it to heroic with two skulls famine and fig, then got the score the second or third time.

You just have to find the good balance between the difficulty level and skulls to get the score.

For all Halo CE levels, my friend and I went through on Legendary with no skulls and beat all the scores on our first playthrough. I would suggest just kicking it up to Legendary. I think Truth and Reconciliation was the one level that we had to play a second time and focus on not dying too many times to beat the score on

Been at halo ce same missions all week and can’t
Get close.

Time on some missions is the major problem.
If I rush I die and have to re do a large part of the mission. Horrible checkpoints.
And legendary doubles the time of a mission.

Do it co-op and friends get too comfortable and die. Major problem on halo 2 with permanent iron skull effect.

I’m going to give up on that last 1% I need for all achievements.
Laso is game breaking. (I’ll break it)