Paper Vehicles Still Suck

The fact of the matter is vehicles are temporary in even the most skilled of hands. Halo 3 had a fantastic vehicle health system and I fully support future Halo games returning to that system.

I agree, the closest you can get to that level for defense are the ONI vehicles, but thier overpowered on offense.

Agree, too much variants of each vehicle, almost all are like thin glasses…

Warzone would be a hell of a lot more fun without paper vehicles that’s for damn sure.

If they weren’t paper then they would need a SIGNIFICANT bump in REQ level.

> 2533274894783242;5:
> If they weren’t paper then they would need a SIGNIFICANT bump in REQ level.

Yeah, back in the day vehicles were pretty much immune to non-power weapons.

> 2533274894783242;5:
> If they weren’t paper then they would need a SIGNIFICANT bump in REQ level.

Old Halo vehicles actually had less health than new ones they just regened to a certain point. Warthogs relied on speed and dexterity to stay alive, you couldn’t tank in one for a solid minute of concentrated fire before it caught fire and become useless.

> 2533274978553590;6:
> > 2533274894783242;5:
> > If they weren’t paper then they would need a SIGNIFICANT bump in REQ level.
>
>
> Yeah, back in the day vehicles were pretty much immune to non-power weapons.

You could team BR a hog easily. Stickies were instant death to any hog that had seen combat. Scorpions were armored sure, but they had to stay back because they were too big a target and too slow. Banshees had basically no armor and relied exclusively on hit and run tactics.

Vehicles today are just too easy to teamshot and you don’t even need to coordinate to kill one you can just rely on your team taking random shots at them to slowly wear them down. We’re talking about a tank, something that should be a huge threat turning into nothing more than a big slow target to shoot at. Never mind the fact that there are many different weapons that can straight up wreck armored vehicles or the fact that everybody has a hitscan rifle. Its basically impossible to stay in a vehicle for very long no matter how skillfully you play.

This is exactly the way I feel. A clip of a BR should not be able to take down a banshee, but yet in H5 it does. Can we please return to H3’s vehicles. Plz.

I think I see what you’re saying. What if vehicles had harder to hit weak spots?

I think the tank is good the way it is. If anything they need to eliminate the airborne proximity kills. Having a mortar completely miss me (fly right past me and not detonate), but still kill me, is infuriating.

I have to agree. I also feel as if Halo 3 had heavier vehicles. Way to easy to tip. To be fair to Halo 5 all games after Halo 3 seemed to light; although, 5 might be the worst with 4 as a close second imo.

> 2533274974284436;10:
> I think I see what you’re saying. What if vehicles had harder to hit weak spots?

I used to LOVE this with the old ghosts! One sniper shot to the gas tank would drop them.

I’m 99% sure it wouldn’t break the game if the regular Scorpion was exactly like the ONI one.

Paper vehicles started in Reach and with the return of hitscan (which there isn’t anything inherently wrong with it, it just makes long range sniping much easier) it was and still is incredibly easy to sit far back and dump mag after mag into a vehicle before it even has a chance to fire back. This wouldn’t be a problem if you could leapfrog from cover to cover as you make your way towards shooter but with paper vehicles by the time you have brought your guns into play you’ve already lost a significant amount of health.

In H3 vehicle heath (Hence forth “Traditional” heath) two or three people could take out a tank by flanking and trading agro without ever needing a power weapon. It would require a constant stream of fire and a fine balance of aggression and defense. With paper vehicles all you need is mass firing and the winning tactic is to simply bumrush the vehicle until it explodes.

Reach had excellent vehicle health and variety. So much carnage in that Hemorrhage map with the warthogs, wraiths, ghosts and revanants. A skilled user could turn the tide of a match, as it should be.

Vehicles should be the utmost power weapons with only a few weapons that can defeat them like laser, rockets, stickies etc.

> 2533274796680285;8:
> > 2533274978553590;6:
> > > 2533274894783242;5:
> > > If they weren’t paper then they would need a SIGNIFICANT bump in REQ level.
> >
> >
> > Yeah, back in the day vehicles were pretty much immune to non-power weapons.
>
>
> You could team BR a hog easily. Stickies were instant death to any hog that had seen combat. Scorpions were armored sure, but they had to stay back because they were too big a target and too slow. Banshees had basically no armor and relied exclusively on hit and run tactics.
>
> Vehicles today are just too easy to teamshot and you don’t even need to coordinate to kill one you can just rely on your team taking random shots at them to slowly wear them down. We’re talking about a tank, something that should be a huge threat turning into nothing more than a big slow target to shoot at. Never mind the fact that there are many different weapons that can straight up wreck armored vehicles or the fact that everybody has a hitscan rifle. Its basically impossible to stay in a vehicle for very long no matter how skillfully you play.

Thats not true, that just means your not doing it right, me and a friend had many games already where we were driving a onihog for 10 to 13 minutes, going with the mantis from 400 points to 1000, or driving a tank and getting 33 kils,

i think its good that these vehicles got less armore or else warzone would always be full of vehicles

> 2533274811540547;17:
> > 2533274796680285;8:
> > > 2533274978553590;6:
> > > > 2533274894783242;5:
> > > > If they weren’t paper then they would need a SIGNIFICANT bump in REQ level.
> > >
> > >
> > > Yeah, back in the day vehicles were pretty much immune to non-power weapons.
> >
> >
> > You could team BR a hog easily. Stickies were instant death to any hog that had seen combat. Scorpions were armored sure, but they had to stay back because they were too big a target and too slow. Banshees had basically no armor and relied exclusively on hit and run tactics.
> >
> > Vehicles today are just too easy to teamshot and you don’t even need to coordinate to kill one you can just rely on your team taking random shots at them to slowly wear them down. We’re talking about a tank, something that should be a huge threat turning into nothing more than a big slow target to shoot at. Never mind the fact that there are many different weapons that can straight up wreck armored vehicles or the fact that everybody has a hitscan rifle. Its basically impossible to stay in a vehicle for very long no matter how skillfully you play.
>
>
> Thats not true, that just means your not doing it right, me and a friend had many games already where we were driving a onihog for 10 to 13 minutes, going with the mantis from 400 points to 1000, or driving a tank and getting 33 kils,
>
> i think its good that these vehicles got less armore or else warzone would always be full of vehicles

I think it’s more a matter of how the game has been progressing. If you’re losing, and you want to call in a scorpion to go destroy some enemies, the other team is already ahead of you with REQs, and have the weapons to drop a vehicle quickly.

Hey arent you that guy from the hotels.com commercials

If you don’t get it, its captain obvious

Your joking, right?