Paper beats rock: You don't have to assassinate?

Last night i was playing on highlands trying to get this achivement. I gave up halfway through and just started to play. SUDDENLY this guy armour locks in front of me while hes looking at someone else. I hit the right bumper in excitement then curse to myself when i forget to hold it down. BUT i still got the achivement.

TLDR:I beat down(no animation) a player and still got the Paper beats rock achivement

By “beat down”, you mean the non-animated assassination?

> By “beat down”, you mean the non-animated assassination?

correct

thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

> thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

no problem, but i find it odd that it doesnt say to beat down your opponent since both work. I told another friend of mine that this worked and it worked for him as well.

This means that its almost better to beat down that way you dont run the risk of getting yoinked.

Beating them down has always been better than assassinating, IMO.

> Beating them down has always been better than assassinating, IMO.

no :slight_smile:

> > Beating them down has always been better than assassinating, IMO.
>
> no :slight_smile:

For this achievement, it’s better. Assassinating would result in so many Yoinks and Showstoppers it’d be ridiculously hard. A Beat Down is such a relief to know that it works. And, honestly, Assassinations are just an extra animation of pure vulnerability, it’s not as fun. Cool looking, but slows down action for yourself sometimes.