Pancakes 4.

Pancakes are pretty good. I don’t really need to drive that point home.

Our local Pancake makin’ guy, Ruben, had been making Pancakes his whole life. At first, he started simple. Just a Pancake. No toppings. Just a pad of butter on top, and a glass of milk. People went CRAZY for Ruben’s Pancakes, man. Lemme tell ya.

Then came his next idea. Ruben threw some syrup on his Pancakes. It was a HIT. People loved and cherished and remembered his Pancakes for decades.

Down the road a bit, he threw more into his Pancakes, perfecting the recipe. He was in his prime. Nobody could top good ol’ Ruben and his Pancakes.

Then Steve came along, with his waffles.

Man. Lemme tell ya. A lot of Ruben’s fans HATED waffles because of their mainstream appeal. He added things like whipped cream, and fruit flavored syrup. I tried his waffles myself. They were alright, but not for me.

Anyway, Ruben did a few spinoffs of his Pancakes, then landed on what he thought was BIG. Fresh Fruit. On PANCAKES. It was his last hurrah, before he went on to make a different dish. He truly believed it would be good.

I myself loved it.

The competitive Pancake community went ape-s***. STEVE used fruit flavored syrup on his -Yoink- WAFFLES. Are friggin’ PANCAKES becoming WAFFLES?!

I admit, the overall presentation of Pancakes: Reach was…too gritty, and dark, and boring, and the recipe was too slow and clunky for my taste, but it had some good qualities. Qualities that made it stand well as its own Pancake.

I myself enjoyed the fruit. I even stuck up for Ruben’s choice a few times, but everywhere, people where shouting insults. “BANANAS ARE OVERPOWERED!” True, Ruben could have toned down the bananas, and I wasn’t too fond of the taste.

The worst blow, to a lot of people, is that Steve’s Waffles surpassed Ruben’s Pancakes.

Dark days loomed over the Pancake community.

Then along came Bryan. Ruben passed Pancakes down to Bryan. He tried to nerf a few things, but his true plan was a whole NEW Pancake trilogy.

Now, we stare into the future, when Bryan will give us Pancakes 4.

I love what they’ve done with the fruit, and bananas are gone, replaced with some kinda blackberry type deal.

But they’re adding WHIPPED CREAM. Some people, who disdain Steve’s Waffles, believe that’s what MAKES Steve’s Waffles so mainstream. That Whipped Cream was taken directly from Steve’s Waffles, and that Bryan is just trying to copy and out-do Steve.

But still, the Competive Pancakers complained, as is their right as Pancake lovers. Some want to go back to the Pancakes: Batter Evolved, and Pancakes 2, and cut the fruit out completely.

I have a few things to say to that.

We can’t GO back to the days where Pancakes only had a pad of butter, or just syrup. That kind of advertising just doesn’t appeal anymore. It’s bland, and appeals to so few people.

If you don’t like Pancakes with fruit, or whipped cream, you can order them that way. Bryan is making a Classic Menu. But, overall, the restaurant can’t go back to the old days, where everyone got just a pad of butter and syrup. Time has moved on.

Pancakes can NEVER be Waffles. Their preparation, and their ingredients, and the way they’re cooked…there is just too much distance between the two. I They’re just so…disparate. Even if Pancakes takes some of Waffle’s presentation, they’ll taste and feel different because of their core ingredients.

We just have to trust Bryan’s Pancakes. He’s learned from past Pancake mistakes, and he’s doing his best.

…Wait. This isn’t the culinary board.

Now I just feel silly.

[deleted]

I’m hungry now.

Bryan’s Pancakes come with a side-serving that improves the overall taste bringing both elements from waffles and the original pancakes.

I dunno, I thought Pancakes: Reach were pretty good.

Who else’s little voice in their head turned into a lil’ red neck voice

And not to mention his new pancakes aren’t even out yet, people are just guessing the flavors… Y’all…

Nice analogy man. Actually . . . probably the best I’ve ever seen because at the end you stress how Pancakes can’t go back to how they used to be, it’d be too bland compared to how modern breakfast is being made.

Perfectly sums up what’s going on.

Agreed op, we can’t go back to the way the halo games were in the 1st trilogy, It would be like living all the great moments of life over again, because as great as that sounds, it wouldn’t be as fantastic and fresh as it was the 1st time.

343i is doing a fine job from what Iv’e seen and heard.

> I dunno, I thought Pancakes: Reach were pretty good.

So uh, you like the ArmorCakelockPan? I liked Reach too, lol I’m just messing with ya.

Dang, now I’m hungry and not for games… :stuck_out_tongue:
Haha, pretty good OP I got to say, funny yet serious and on a level that anyone should be able to understand without any unnecessary hate, insults or trolling. I think you’re right OP, in order to stay in business Pancakes have to evolve :slight_smile:

However, Ruben got to offer pancakes like no one else, he got to find his own unique ideas and selling points down the road. If all he offers is “pancakes with whipped cream, just like waffles but hey, it’s a cooler dish” I think it will fail, miserably. Why buy rip off pancakes when I can buy the original waffles instead?
Sure, Ruben got to make sure that what he offers is no less then what Frank does, make sure to offer a variation and something for everyone; but he still needs some unique selling points!
That might be the awesome pancake recepie, or maybe him adding something completely new and unheard of, like pancakes with home-made seasonal fruit jam, unlike that pre-made stuff that Frank serves full with flavour enhancer and blam! No one will buy “wanna be waffles”, but they will buy “pancakes, food evolved”. He got to step us his game, offer more and new, unique stuff, not just copy and paste…

What about French Toast? Where does that fit in?

Honestly, I was ready to report this for spam before I actually read it. It’s kinda confusing, but I think it gets the point across. It also made everyone really hungry.

BANANAS ARE OVERPOWERED!

lol’d

As long as the classic menu isn’t pathetically small and full of bananas like Pancakes:Reach.

hmmm…never had banana pancakes myself, but it sounds like the bomb

Shall I make a story about how Tom was making some good ice cream, but then made his worst Vanilla ever right before he left so Dom had to modify the ingredients, decided to keep the old Vanilla because a select few liked it, then proceeded to add toppings like Ketchup and Mustard to it because the Hotdog salesman across the street used them?

There’s two sides to every story, and your portrayal is just as pretentious as the one I made up within 10 seconds.

> Shall I make a story about how Tom was making some good ice cream, but then made his worst Vanilla ever right before he left so Dom had to modify the ingredients, decided to keep the old Vanilla because a select few liked it, then proceeded to add toppings like Ketchup and Mustard to it because the Hotdog salesman across the street used them?
>
> There’s two sides to every story, and your portrayal is just as pretentious as the one I made up within 10 seconds.

Well the fact that you’re using the metaphor to spread negativity and insult people defeats the purpose of coming up with a silly metaphor.

To those of you who were entertained, thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

For those that still prefer the old pancake, we can always ask for them on request.

I was sure this was a troll until I read it. I’ve seen halo compared to some weird stuff. One of the weirdest was pokemon. You sir are the first to compare halo to the pancake and waffle industry (and successfully too!.. Bravo.

> I was sure this was a troll until I read it. I’ve seen halo compared to some weird stuff. One of the weirdest was pokemon. You sir are the first to compare halo to the pancake and waffle industry (and successfully too!.. Bravo.

Thank you kindly. :slight_smile:

“Pancakes: Batter Evolved.” I died.

Oh, and the core Pancakes taste is still there, but now it’s got some extra flavor enhancers like whipped cream and syrup.

> I was sure this was a troll until I read it. I’ve seen halo compared to some weird stuff. One of the weirdest was pokemon. You sir are the first to compare halo to the pancake and waffle industry (and successfully too!.. Bravo.

LMAO!! You remember that “halo 4 needs to be like Pokemon black and white” thread too!? That was hilarious yet totally true!

On topic: Pancakes 4 will be totally great as long as the pancakes have good dishes to eat on and all of the fruit flavors are balanced. The dishes cannot be made to compliment a certain fruit either. That is one of the things that Pancakes: Reach had all wrong.