Palmer is Annoying

Anyone else notice how she’s always knocking the scientists/Marines?

“Eggheads upstairs…” “Herpaderp Science Team is a bunch of n00bs…” “Marines suck science sucks everything sucks except Spartans.”

Some of those are paraphrased. But the main point is that she seems too soldier-y. I don’t want to come across as someone who’s all “Geeks have feelings too!”, I’m saying that these scientific advancements (including her armor and augmentations) are what’s keeping Humanity alive. I prefer when the Spartans are more like Chief: humble, with a great deal of respect (granted, Chief’s mother-figure was the Queen of Eggheads, and his BFF that lives in his head is a clone of her), and Chief would probably lay Palmer out if she ever said anything bad about Halsey.

Am I the only one who sees the “eggheads” thing as more of a soft joke?

I would have less interest in her character if she referred to everything in exact lingo. Instead of Chief, “Petty Officer John 117.” Instead of “Lasky,” his full ranks.

Johnson did that, and we loved him.

Why?

Johnson was there from the start, and we saw him outside of cutscenes and saw his character develop and come out with some BADASS lines. For example “Don’t let her go. Don’t Ever. Let. Her Go.” when he died.

Palmer is an undeveloped character that wasn’t with us from the outset, and is new to the series.

If Johnson said it, would you be upset with him? He often called his marines names, or just “men.” If palmer said “men” as a way of adressing male and female soldiers you would freak out.

I don’t think she uses it in an offensive way, I just think her character is underdeveloped and the player has no connection or affection for her (same with Lasky) and therefore will really hate negative things she does. Everybody loves Lasky, although thats only because he sides with chief.

That’s my take. You don’t dislike her, you just arn’t used to her, and don’t want to like her because you have no attachment to her.

That’s above your pay grade, darklord413

Seriously, I hate that woman…

> Am I the only one who sees the “eggheads” thing as more of a soft joke?
>
> I would have less interest in her character if she referred to everything in exact lingo. Instead of Chief, “Petty Officer John 117.” Instead of “Lasky,” his full ranks.
>
> Johnson did that, and we loved him.
>
> Why?
>
> Johnson was there from the start, and we saw him outside of cutscenes and saw his character develop and come out with some BADASS lines. For example “Don’t let her go. Don’t Ever. Let. Her Go.” when he died.
>
> Palmer is an undeveloped character that wasn’t with us from the outset, and is new to the series.
>
> If Johnson said it, would you be upset with him? He often called his marines names, or just “men.” If palmer said “men” as a way of adressing male and female soldiers you would freak out.
>
> I don’t think she uses it in an offensive way, I just think her character is underdeveloped and the player has no connection or affection for her (same with Lasky) and therefore will really hate negative things she does. Everybody loves Lasky, although thats only because he sides with chief.
>
> That’s my take. You don’t dislike her, you just arn’t used to her, and don’t want to like her because you have no attachment to her.

This.

I personally feel she will become our new ‘Johnson’ .

HOORAH.

Perhaps you’re right Oli, and maybe after Spartan Ops has gone on for awhile I’ll be used to her “comments”, but as for now it seems like she belittles everyone who says something other than “Shoot ALL the things!” a bit too much.

> This.
>
> I personally feel she will become our new ‘Johnson’ .
>
> HOORAH.

Nobody can replace Johnson.

Like tobuscus would say:
Hot hot hot hot hot

I prefer when the Spartans are more like Chief: humble, with a great deal of respect

You seem to forget the majority of Spartan 4’s weren’t kidnapped when they were six, and spent the rest of their lives training and fighting wars. Palmer and the other S4’s were normal soldiers. They’re going to crack jokes and make comments.

> I prefer when the Spartans are more like Chief: humble, with a great deal of respect

You seem to forget the majority of Spartan 4’s weren’t kidnapped when they were six, and spent the rest of their lives training and fighting wars. Palmer and the other S4’s were normal soldiers. They’re going to crack jokes and make comments.

if this was real and you were a spartan and you met chief, someone who has taken down races and been in the worst battles you wouldnt be looking down at him youd be honered to meet him like marines are :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t consider the new spartans as spartans, really. They show too much emotion and it compromises them. Old spartans are better.

Master Chief needs to teach these Spartan-IVs some good o’l Spartan-II manners.

> <mark>That’s above your pay grade</mark>, darklord413
>
> Seriously, I hate that woman…

I cringe every time she says that.

> That’s my take. You don’t dislike her, you just arn’t used to her, and don’t want to like her because you have no attachment to her.

Well I’m used to her. She kinda reminds me of well me. I find a way of cracking a few jokes about things here and there to relieve the tension or ease the minds of others. Or it’s a good way to get people pumped up.

I understand that she wasn’t stolen at the age of six and all of that, but my problem with her is that she’s too one-dimensional of a character, for a character that’s a major part of the game.

I don’t know, maybe Spartan Ops will reveal some parts of her personality, but right now she’s another Miranda Keyes.

I find her pretty funny… Sometimes. Like:

“Oh man, i hate those campers. Kill them!”

“let’s help those nerds.”

But yeah, sometimes she is just really annoying. Look for the good side. She is hot as hell.

> I find her pretty funny… Sometimes. Like:
>
> “Oh man, i hate those campers. Kill them!”
>
> “let’s help those nerds.”
>
> But yeah, sometimes she is just really annoying. Look for the good side. She is hot as hell.

You find the virtual animation of that woman to be attractive…?

Anyways, I hate how she is always saying, “eggheads.” It’s so lameee no one talks like that.

Worst command ever out of her mouth though is: “Man up Hacksaw, Spartans are here.” “Crimson, anything UNSC, saves it -Yoink-, if its covey, blow it to hell.” CORNIEST Halo line yet.

She’s a red shirt short of a Gas Monster.

I like her :slight_smile:

The fact she is Jennifer Hale ruins her for me.

Not cos Hale is a bad voice actress, but because she is in EVERYTHING. It takes me out the game hearing her talk, like if they use Nolan North or a celebrity.

Her character is also really cringe worthy as well.

EDIT: On a side not I really don’t like the way that spartans are now in abundance and are normal people. The whole point was that they were born and bred soldiers, not some hot brunette -Yoink- and some jocky guys!