Painting vs double tap rb

Whenever i watch good players (or anyone for that matter) on youtube or twitch etc. they will alway hold down the a button to paint units for selection, even when its just to select the only 2 units on yhe screen.

I really don’t understand why people dont just tap rb twice?? Its so much faster, and there is no reason to waste a few moments to drag your circle over all your units when you could just double tap rb.

Am i missing something here? Just doesnt make sense as far as i can see.

I even see people using the cursor to paint a single unit on the screen, just hit rb twice for crying out loud!

All unit moving is generally dangerous at high level play. I’ve been putting in the effort to use it as little as possible. Learning to use the brush is much better than all unit moving for a number of reasons such as dodging support powers, splitting your army to surround your opponent, and multi prong attacks, just to name a few. A good player will be able to tell if your all unit moving as the game goes on and realize that your entire army is moving together as one big ball.

You missed my point. Why would someone paint if the same outcome can be achieved using rb?

Im not arguing the merits of selecting all units here.

> 2533274799855542;3:
> You missed my point. Why would someone paint if the same outcome can be achieved using rb?
>
> Im not arguing the merits of selecting all units here.

It’s more so just a habit, well, for me, at least. I try to avoid using “All Units” at all times, as it’s very easy to lose track of units or put units in poor positions. Using paint or “Local Units” result is much more effective micro and/or unit splitting, which helps a lot.

I cant speak for all players, but that’s why I always use paint.

Well, I do it on pc cuz clicking on moving units is really hard, but on Xbox I just do it cuz I did it so much on pc, it’s become a habit.

I’ve broken 2 controllers from mashing rb so much…

you paint the 2 units that are hurt and move them to the back of your army to keep them alive. red bar units do as much damage as full health units. your basically getting the most value out of dead units.

> 2533274916206345;6:
> I’ve broken 2 controllers from mashing rb so much…

This, I’ve had to replace parts to my controller twice now. I still catch myself doing it to this day.