Painfully Slow Matchmaking STILL

How is it matchmaking is still as painfully slow as it is. Halo’s matchmaking has to be the slowest matchmaking of any multiplayer game I have played in the last 5 years. Other games I can find 64 people in less than one minute but when trying to find 16 people to play on Halo I sit for over 10 minutes sometimes into it usually just errors out and many times just have to force close the game restart it and then sit again. Horrible horrible horrible, the only thing that stopped me from playing this game is how long I sit and do nothing

It sucks man there’s probably not enough people on to fill the bigger playlist. I only play doubles and not too difficult to find a game. They really need to add a 1v1 ranked playlist so it only takes 2 players to find games quickly for those of us who love halo but don’t have time for long waits to only get a few games in. Maybe switch to playing doubles when you can’t find games as it only takes 4 people to start a game. Doubles is fun and is supposed to be getting a refresh soon

If you’re not searching on expanded, try that. Also the time you are trying to search can be the issue. Seems like peak times for the game are in the evening, eastern standard time. Unfortunately the population is dwindling even more now due to the popularity of other games and Halo 5 is three years old. I feel for ya, sometimes I have to wait for a while as well.

Likely because other games with 64 player lobbys have very little matchmaking restrictions and probably have a better population.

The EU population at least to me seems incredibly low these days. Oh how I wish there were population counters or at least some kind of qualitatice indicator of population in each playlist.

I haven’t been able to find a single game on solo balanced in Halo 5 in any playlist other than HCS in ages. Even at peak hours on weekends no luck, even BTB fiesta times out for me. Seems to me that H5 is bordeline dead in Europe at least. A fresh account still seems to eventually find a match even on balanced but no point in that with the Target master and MMR.

Only playlists that I can bother to play on expanded are BTB fiesta and WZ and even those have gotten uninteresting due to expanded. Shame that I can’t even get to play the new community doubles on a fair connection…

U are totally tripping dude that’s incredible halo 5 multiplayer is pretty damn active for a 3year old game (and its the 30th most active game on Xbox live so there is many other matchmaking that are worse than halo one -Yoink-)And stupid -Yoink- there is a team dedicated for halo 5 that have the mission to keep the game active and they suceed. right now any game mode (apart btb and elimination) are easy to find any time of the day so what u are saying is literally -Yoink- I think the admin should do the same thing that ninja was doing on his streams on fortnite :instantly kicking out posts that saying that the game is dead because if someone who doesn’t play halo 5 read this post he can start thinking that the game is dead just beacuse a freaking idiot posting his -Yoink-.

> 2535442720435268;6:
> U are totally tripping dude that’s incredible halo 5 multiplayer is pretty damn active for a 3year old game (and its the 30th most active game on Xbox live so there is many other matchmaking that are worse than halo one -Yoink-)And stupid -Yoink- there is a team dedicated for halo 5 that have the mission to keep the game active and they suceed. right now any game mode (apart btb and elimination) are easy to find any time of the day so what u are saying is literally -Yoink- I think the admin should do the same thing that ninja was doing on his streams on fortnite :instantly kicking out posts that saying that the game is dead because if someone who doesn’t play halo 5 read this post he can start thinking that the game is dead just beacuse a freaking idiot posting his -Yoink-.

no matchmaking is NOT fast… slowest of any game I have played in YEARS.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2773868877636736;7:
> > 2535442720435268;6:
> > U are totally tripping dude that’s incredible halo 5 multiplayer is pretty damn active for a 3year old game (and its the 30th most active game on Xbox live so there is many other matchmaking that are worse than halo one -Yoink-)And stupid -Yoink- there is a team dedicated for halo 5 that have the mission to keep the game active and they suceed. right now any game mode (apart btb and elimination) are easy to find any time of the day so what u are saying is literally -Yoink- I think the admin should do the same thing that ninja was doing on his streams on fortnite :instantly kicking out posts that saying that the game is dead because if someone who doesn’t play halo 5 read this post he can start thinking that the game is dead just beacuse a freaking idiot posting his -Yoink-.
>
> no matchmaking is NOT fast… slowest of any game I have played in YEARS.

I understand

> 2533274874385787;5:
> The EU population at least to me seems incredibly low these days. Oh how I wish there were population counters or at least some kind of qualitatice indicator of population in each playlist.
>
> I haven’t been able to find a single game on solo balanced in Halo 5 in any playlist other than HCS in ages. Even at peak hours on weekends no luck, even BTB fiesta times out for me. Seems to me that H5 is bordeline dead in Europe at least. A fresh account still seems to eventually find a match even on balanced but no point in that with the Target master and MMR.
>
> Only playlists that I can bother to play on expanded are BTB fiesta and WZ and even those have gotten uninteresting due to expanded. Shame that I can’t even get to play the new community doubles on a fair connection…

Am from EU, can confirm.
I barely manage to find 3 Social Slayer games in one hour in the evenings. Not to mention any Ranked games.

I think part of the issue is a lot of Halo fans are going back to MCC now that it works like a charm.
And as much as I love those older Halo games I prefer H5 for my pvp fix, so this is disheartening.

My experiences with the Halo games leads me to believe they give the better servers to social playlists rather than ranked playlists, which makes sense. In saying that, I can rarely find a decent match on a social playlist even with expanded preferences on.