pAinful achievements

As we all know about the new achievements in Reach. There are the anniversery achievements and then are the defiant achievements also added. Today, a group of 8 players spent about 7-8 hours attempting to earn all the achievements. The anniversery ones came easy as there was a specific playlist where we were guaranteed the correct maps and they didn’t heavily rely on gametypes. Those that did were also easy to get. The problem however are the achievements known as:
All Alone
Don’t Touch That!

The problem with these achievements is that they are specific to both a map and gametype.

All Alone requires the Living Dead playlist with only a 2/15 chance of getting the map required. Including required chance that the player wanting the achievement atleast gets human once. There is also the possibility that not all the players in the group have the defiant map pack to be able to have Condemned as an option.

Don’t Touch That! may even be worse with requiring either a massive Premium Battle Game where everyone works together to protect the flag where even if one person picks it up causes a fail for the achievement. There is a 1/12 chance that the gametpye is 1-flag and then there is a only 2/11 chance that the map is a Defiant Map Pack map. The overall possibility of getting a correct map and game type is 1/66*.

The other possible playlist is Team Objective which poses the same problem that every player in the playlist group would have to have the defiant map pack. The odds of getting a Defiant Map Pack map is 1/15 and the probability of there being the correct game type is 2/19 which makes the estimated total probability of getting both the correct map and game would be 2/285*

I am not asking for a specific playlist for getting the achievements. I am merely asking for the chance to have a slightly higher chance of getting these maps and games required. What made Halo 3 DLC great was that older achievements could be achieved in the newer dlc maps and i believe vice versa which made finding the required maps and games not so evil.

Please listen to this Achievement Hunter and make the odds a little more fair.

• This means that the probability did not include the game types excluded for specifc maps but was a more total esitmate.

Hopefully 343 will increase the amount of “All DLC required” settings for the necessary playlists.

What 343 should do is make a defient playlist and a noble playlist just like anniversery. They should have defient slayer- defient objective- defient btb-defient ffa-and they should do the same for noble except for noble they should also have invasion

Well they now have the DLC playlists

> Well they now have the DLC playlists

They’re slayer only, so you can’t earn the second one. The first is in Infection, the odds of the map showing up AND it getting voted for AND spawning at least once as a human AND being LMS are VERY slim.

> > Well they now have the DLC playlists
>
> They’re slayer only, so you can’t earn the second one. The first is in Infection, the odds of the map showing up AND it getting voted for AND spawning at least once as a human AND being LMS are VERY slim.

I guess I was extremely lucky because I picked that one up the other day on the living dead playlist and I only played nine games. And that was the second time I have played living dead in a good while. Been playing a lot of Skyrim as of late.

> What 343 should do is make a defient playlist and a noble playlist just like anniversery. They should have defient slayer- defient objective- defient btb-defient ffa-and they should do the same for noble except for noble they should also have invasion

Or just add a DLC objective, DLC BTB, DLC slayer that requires all (even Anniversary) DLC instead of teh DLC playlists present.
Then they should add a “Achivement DLC” or something like it, a playlists with heavy weighting on the maps with specific DOC-achievemtns, and the corresponding gametypes.

WOW, this is a TWO MONTH OLD THREAD and 343 still has not fixed this problem. I seriously hope they get around to this simple fix in the next update.

I concur! I do like to get the Halo achievements (damn them for including Wars in the cumulative list!) and the way things are set out at the moment is just unacceptable. They really need to stop these difficult map specific tasks, its not fun.

How about searching for players with DLC, in the same way as you can search for players with good connection?

> How about searching for players with DLC, in the same way as you can search for players with good connection?

Is that even an option though or are you just suggesting the idea to 343?

343 made premium battle no one played it, Squad DLC, noone plays it, why would they add objective, if people truly wanted to play DLC they would play whether or not there is objectves. I personally don’t play because of Team Snipers on Tempest… Other than that i enjoy it. It would be nice to play DLC in BTB,Rumble pit,Team obective or living dead.

Guys how about we all share gamertags and help eachother get these acheivments cmon iv waited along time to get these avheivments

i aslo say this another guy wrote that this is a 2 moth thread i mean cmon 343 READ THIS SO WE CAN GET THE LAST FRIGGIN ACHEIVMENTS;and if you want to get the acheivments send me a message we can get 8 people fill up a team slayer game or whatever and get the acheivments. Gamertag: FuFupikachu

for some reason, i was able to get a Noble 1 achievement or two…

Omg have u guess beaten the last mission on legendary for acheivment need tips and/or adice!!!

> 343 made premium battle no one played it, Squad DLC, noone plays it, why would they add objective, if people truly wanted to play DLC they would play whether or not there is objectves. I personally don’t play because of Team Snipers on Tempest… Other than that i enjoy it. It would be nice to play DLC in BTB,Rumble pit,Team obective or living dead.

The reason people want a full on DLC with Slayer & Objective is to get Achievements, the reason people won’t play the DLC playlist in its current state, its ONLY Slayer.

If they put Objective in, the population will increase for those trying to get achievements.

ill help if your still doing it

Sounds like boosting is the only viable way to get them, although I’ll wait and see if we’ll get some better DLC gametypes or update that makes it somewhat possible to get them…

there was a new update to squad dlc which is that you dont have to have anniversary map pack just noble and defient and some more objective game types if you go to news and scroll down you will see it. Trust me.