"Package Deals" in custom file browser

one of the most annoying things that occur to me when im trying to find a cool custom game that the community created (to curb that REACH boredom), is trying to find all of the files attached to a specific map.

MY PROPOSAL: group together a map and gametype and possibly a video showing off how to play the gametype/map together into one file “package” in order to make it easier for people to download in one easy step.

ideal situation:
go into custom file search, see a cool sounding map, opt to download, then the option comes up to download the gametype that the author put with the map immediately upon download.

vs.

go into custom file search, see a cool sounding map, opt to download (then the fun begins), go back into the custom file search, look for the associated gametype based on the description, filter results based on that/the name of the map,(if you find it, good for you, your search is over) go back, open up a second and third screen for the filter, type in the authors gamertag (its gonna be like xXx o sn1p3r o xXx), go into their fileshare, and download the gametype (if its there, good for you, your search is over), go back into the file browser, blah blah blah, you get the point right?

Great idea. That would save a lot of time.

It’s already possible to make file sets for Reach here on Waypoint so I hope it will be included as an in-game feature for Halo 4.

It would be great.

Yeah, lots of people have suggested this. Hopefully 343 will implement it in Halo 4.

Yeah, is a great idea. It can be annoying trying to find the map and gametype that match up.

You sir, are a genius! Im absolutely in love with this idea! Getting a video preview might be a little off because of all the trolls that tag stuff etc, but it would be cool to see just a forge fly through before you download the map itself!! 343 please add package deals for maps/gametypes!! I hate downloading a map that seems fun then not being able to find the gametype etc. As of right now we DO have a search function but that requires you to remember the persons gamertag who made the map/gametype, and people have some pretty weird spelled gamertags sometimes that are hard to remember…

Yes, I can’t even count how many times I matched the wrong Indiana jones game with the wrong map.

This plus custom map thumbnails would be awesome.

That’d be awesome, especially if you could organize them in your file share so you can download the package or go into them and pick out a specific map or gametype and such.

It’d also be interesting to those people who want to make their own map packs or to forging sites to offer a package that puts together some of the greatest hits from their sites

…after wading through redundant posts FINALLY this is a great idea…+approved for implementation into H4 LOL.

lol i cant tell you how many times ive gotten the wrong infection type/how hard they are to find.

its not often someone finds an idea worth implementing into the game here. I like that someone actually suggested something that would not drastically alter the gameplay experience, rather improve an extraneous aspect of the game.

nice post.

this. 343, take notes.

I support this. Now is definitely a good time to bring File Sets into the game. Also, that custom map thumbnail idea that Toast mentioned… they should go ahead and throw that in as well.

> Yeah, lots of people have suggested this. Hopefully 343 will implement it in Halo 4.

> > Yeah, lots of people have suggested this. Hopefully 343 will implement it in Halo 4.