P.O.D. Facts!

There are several post complaining about personal ordnance drops in Halo 4. Personally, I really like the system and believe that it adds a dynamic element to the game. I know not everyone shares this view so I thought I would point a few things out…

1. NO ONE COMPLAINS ABOUT THE LOTTERY!
    Seriously, no one complains about the lottery being random. If you buy a ticket you might win…you might not. Winning the lottery comes in two forms even, you could win the whole thing or you could win a lesser amount. P.O.D.s are like the lottery, sometimes you win a Rocket Launcher or Binary Rifle…and sometimes you get the needler, either way you still received something you didnt have and its now up to you to make it work.

2. PERSONAL ORDNANCE DROPS ARE ALWAYS GOOD FOR YOU!!
    Plain and simple here. weather your P.O.D. is a speed boost, Saw, and some pulse grenandes or you get the jackpot of Incineration Cannon, Plasma grenades, and damage boost…you cashed in on something you didnt have before and now must make it work you.

Im not the best player on this game but when I call in my P.O.D.s I always do my best to make it work for me and id assume the “pros” of this game do the same…working hard on being great with the Saw on a BTB map is alot better then logging onto the Halo 4 forums just to complain isnt it?

And one more thing…Personal Ordnance is a new and very DYNAMIC feature to this franchise…it isnt going away. atleast not in Halo 4’s multiplayer.

randomness kills competitivity. it’s that simple.

let’s imagine this : you are matched with someone EXACTLY as good as you. you are given the same guns and abilities.
the match is 100% fair, right?
now, one of you will get a bonus or super weapon. who gets it? well, the lucky person. it’s random.
then this person kills you easily.
is it still fair?

> randomness kills competitivity. it’s that simple.
>
> let’s imagine this : you are matched with someone EXACTLY as good as you. you are given the same guns and abilities.
> the match is 100% fair, right?
> now, one of you will get a bonus or super weapon. who gets it? well, the lucky person. it’s random.
> then this person kills you easily.
> is it still fair?

Well…yes because I have the same odds of getting that super weapon or whatever. thats just it. the ODDS are equal. so you have just the same chance of getting the Binary Rifle as I do. Random acts are fair because they offer the same chance for me as it does you.

P.O.D. has killed the fairness and competitive edge that Halo multiplayer was known for. In previous Halo titles, players would work together to control entire sections of the map in order to have an advantage via weapon spawns, and it was this aspect of Halo multiplayer that made it so fun, tactical, team-orientated and competitive. Now it’s all random, and you don’t need teamwork to win a match. No one cares about controlling the map anymore (with this insane spawning system only adding to the frustration). All you need is a few players going on mini-streaks and getting one or two lucky P.O.D. in order to steamroll the other team (don’t even try to make the argument that teams try to control sections of the maps for vehicles in Halo 4, because let’s be honest; vehicles are, as of now, a joke in this game. NOTE: Exception to Exile when everyone wants the G-Hog).

To be honest, now that we have P.O.D. no one even communicates in slayer (at least in most of the matches that I have played) because there is no need to. Everyone runs around, doing their own thing because there is no need to work as a team in order to control weapon spawns.

OP, you are very positive about this.

I am not, as a Player of BTB since Halo 2 and usually the Warthog driver, POD’s have made vehicles useless. Should also include people being allowed the start with a Plasma Pistol and Plasma Grenades. I though vehicle combat was killed in a bit in Halo 3 and more in Halo Reach when they incorporated the Spartan Laser and then Plasma Cannon. But Halo 4 has taken it to a new low. Now it is common for me to be driving around while the enemy team has 3 incinerator cannons, or to have them snipe my Warthog to pieces with Binary Rifles. And “God” forbid I try to get close to them, if they dont fire some type of cannon, laser, or rocket, Im getting bombarded by plasma grenades.

Then im often given the excuse, “if they didnt have those weapons Vehicles would be over powered”

which I face palm knowing, the reason you get in a Warthog/Vehicle is because it gives you an advantage. We dont have tanks, helicopters, or fighter jets for no reason. We use them because they give you a tactical advantage, and each base gets one. But with everyone being able to have a power weapon delivered to their feet, What use is a vehicle. They have literally thrown out any form of effective vehicle combat.

I have to drive like a mad man, like Jason Bourne to stay alive for more than 30 seconds. And so quickly that my Gunner can hardly get kills. Where in previous games we were rewarded for being good drivers or a good gunner, going 30 and 0. Now Im rewarded with getting completely obliterated by a guy who was camping at his spawn and had an incinerator delivered to him.

Or playing Dominion and trying to take a base only to be met by 1 to 2 people camping in a base with Rockets and a Shotgun. Its very tricky to be tactical in those situation. Team Work in those situations means very little. The longer they are in there the more stuff they have. 2 stickies, 2 frags, 1 rocket launcher, 1 saw or Shotgun.

P.O.D’s might not completely destroy halo, but they are not helping and are not contributing any benefit to the game.