OXM says Halo 5, not Halo Xbox One

In the OXM on page 105 it shows a picture from the new Halo teaser picture and it says Halo 5. I think it’s safe to assume the game is indeed Halo 5, with the Axis updated trailer saying Halo 5 and now this with OXM saying Halo 5.

I still don’t think so. If they were going to call it Halo 5, then they would not have danced around it for so long, and we would not be posting in a forum called “Halo Xbox One.”

Halo 4 was titled as such from the moment it was revealed in 2011. This game was not. There has to be a reason for that.

> I still don’t think so. If they were going to call it Halo 5, then they would not have danced around it for so long, and we would not be posting in a forum called “Halo Xbox One.”
>
> Halo 4 was titled as such from the moment it was revealed in 2011. This game was not. There has to be a reason for that.

It says 5 in the clouds.

And it’s a direct continuing sequence after 4.

> It says 5 in the clouds.
>
> And it’s a direct continuing sequence after 4.

Okay, cool. Why was the 5 in the clouds and not part of the logo? Why has the game been solely referred to as “Halo Xbox One” by its production company? They are obviously going out of their way not to call this Halo 5. Why would they do that if that’s the title they’re going for?

> > It says 5 in the clouds.
> >
> > And it’s a direct continuing sequence after 4.
>
> Okay, cool. Why was the 5 in the clouds and not part of the logo? Why has the game been solely referred to as “Halo Xbox One” by its production company? They are obviously going out of their way not to call this Halo 5. Why would they do that if that’s the title they’re going for?

Because it might be Halo 5: Subtitle.

> > I still don’t think so. If they were going to call it Halo 5, then they would not have danced around it for so long, and we would not be posting in a forum called “Halo Xbox One.”
> >
> > Halo 4 was titled as such from the moment it was revealed in 2011. This game was not. There has to be a reason for that.
>
> It says 5 in the clouds.
>
> And it’s a direct continuing sequence after 4.

That clouds thing was just people trying to justify that it was H5.
Regardless, until MS and 343 state otherwise, I will continue to call this game Halo X1.

Halo 5 sounds more appropriate than “Halo: Xbox One.” I just can’t see 343 calling their next installment “Halo: Xbox One.”

It could be called halo 5 but it hasn’t been officially announced yet. This is a classic case of LEAKED INFO.

> I still don’t think so. If they were going to call it Halo 5, then they would not have danced around it for so long, and we would not be posting in a forum called “Halo Xbox One.”
>
> Halo 4 was titled as such from the moment it was revealed in 2011. This game was not. There has to be a reason for that.

The original version of the trailer said Halo 5 instead of just Halo.

Kazuma Jinnouchi called it Halo 5 in a tweet about making the music for the trailer.

OXM now calls it Halo 5.

Yeah, it’s safe to say that it actually is Halo 5. I believe that this whole “Halo Xbox One” ordeal is just a silly marketing scheme to get people more excited and “wonder” what the game really could be.

I feel they didn’t say “5” yet because people would scream “It’s way too soon!” etc. It’s called “Halo” for now to let us know they have it in motion.

See the 5 in the clouds?

> > It says 5 in the clouds.
> >
> > And it’s a direct continuing sequence after 4.
>
> Okay, cool. Why was the 5 in the clouds and not part of the logo? Why has the game been solely referred to as “Halo Xbox One” by its production company? They are obviously going out of their way not to call this Halo 5. Why would they do that if that’s the title they’re going for?

See the above post.

I think that the name: “Halo Xbox One” isn’t its real name, just a marketing idea. Beside, why would they release a “Halo Xbox One Xbox One Edition” they are definitely smarter than to do that…also check the evidence from the other posts.

The xbox one subtitle is just a place holder. 343 said it themselves.

Even back at the reveal, Microsoft called it Halo 5 on their Twitter and Facebook. Plus AXIS (the animation department that made the CGI scenes for Halo 4 and the teaser trailer) posted an updated trailer that edited the title to be Halo 5.

Everything points to the next Halo being Halo 5. Shocking, I know.

> I think that the name: “Halo Xbox One” isn’t its real name, just a marketing idea. Beside, why would they release a <mark>“Halo Xbox One Xbox One Edition”</mark> they are definitely smarter than to do that…also check the evidence from the other posts.

Why would they add ‘Xbox One Edition’ to the title in the first place? It’s coming out exclusively for Xbox One.

> I feel they didn’t say “5” yet because people would scream “It’s way too soon!” etc. It’s called “Halo” for now to let us know they have it in motion.
>
> See the 5 in the clouds?

Nope. People were just grasping at straws and seeing what they want to see. It didn’t matter if something looked like a 5 in that image, at the time it didn’t prove anything.

I’m surprised people are still arguing over this nonsense.

Perhaps “Halo Xbox One” was just a placeholder title, and they couldn’t think of any original title so they eventually just settled on “Halo 5”.

Or maybe OXM is wrong and it is going to be called something else. Who knows?

Either way we won’t know until the game is actually close to release, and it’s not worth wasting time debating over.

Though personally I highly doubt the actual title is “Halo Xbox One”, as that is the silliest, laziest sounding title someone could come up with.

I’m pretty sure it will be called Halo 5.

I think the Halo Xbox One placeholder was just to avoid confusion/questions as to whether or not they’d be releasing an Xbox 360 version as well as an Xbox One version (like Fifa 14 and some other titles).

It’s worked - no one is talking about the next Halo game coming out for the Xbox 360 as well and everyone is just expecting it for the Xbox One.

Once it’s closer to release I’m guessing they’ll start calling it Halo 5.

> > I feel they didn’t say “5” yet because people would scream “It’s way too soon!” etc. It’s called “Halo” for now to let us know they have it in motion.
> >
> > See the 5 in the clouds?
>
> Nope. People were just grasping at straws and seeing what they want to see. It didn’t matter if something looked like a 5 in that image, at the time it didn’t prove anything.

Alright well I will just zoom in a bit. Here

Why is everyone focusing on the clouds when there’s an even more obvious 5 created by the shadow of the L and the O? Not only are these the only 2 letters to have shadows, which “coincidentally” create a 5, but the shadow wasn’t present in the original trailer, which featured the 5.

It’s been stated multiple times that the trailer wasn’t for any specific game, but Halo games on Xbox One in general. The whole “Halo Xbox One” deal is likely just a marketing ploy by Microsoft to constantly remind people that it will be on the Xbox One and nothing else.