OXM Are Yoink-ing Idiots

343, you must be extremely pissed at those dumb reporters.

I will now quote the magazine.

The mag speaks of how the shooting may seem dated and how Halo Reach buffs will think so especially, and here is the -Yoinking!- dumbest most shameful thing I have ever heard:

"Those well-worn reflex actions won’t work here, squeezing the left trigger won’t zoom weapons, nor can you sprint by clicking in a thumbstick."

I am SO pissed. They just stated two elements from call of duty that have NEVER been part of Halo!

How -Yoinking!- dumb can you get? You call yourselves reporters?!

Plus, they said Master chief kicking covenant and flood -Yoink- halfway across the galaxy will “obviously take center stage”, which it obviously would not. Halo 4 and the rest of the new trilogy aren’t going to shove us against the covenant again. It wouldn’t be right.

Agree, I found that part rather odd when reading it.

Call of Duty is the most popular shooter franchise out there, the comparison had nothing to do with previous Halo games they are just saying your well practiced COD tactics won’t work here, also how do you know whether the Covenant and Flood won’t be in or not? Most media websites have pretty vague descriptions right now because we don’t know anything.

You don’t know anything either so maybe you should calm down a little.

> Call of Duty is the most popular shooter franchise out there, the comparison had nothing to do with previous Halo games they are just saying your well practiced COD tactics won’t work here, also how do you know whether the Covenant and Flood won’t be in or not? Most media websites have pretty vague descriptions right now because we don’t know anything.
>
> You don’t know anything either so maybe you should calm down a little.

Well, what is pretty obvious now is that the real enemy of Halo 4 won’t be the Covenant or the Flood.
They will be there, for sure, but they will certainly be secondary.

The series need new enemies. The Covenant just seem like push-overs now after the player has decimated them four five games. There will be a not antagonist, and it will not be the Covenant.

> > Call of Duty is the most popular shooter franchise out there, the comparison had nothing to do with previous Halo games they are just saying your well practiced COD tactics won’t work here, also how do you know whether the Covenant and Flood won’t be in or not? Most media websites have pretty vague descriptions right now because we don’t know anything.
> >
> > You don’t know anything either so maybe you should calm down a little.
>
> Well, what is pretty obvious now is that the real enemy of Halo 4 won’t be the Covenant or the Flood.
> They will be there, for sure, but they will certainly be secondary.

“It’s pretty obvious” that you’re drawing these pieces of information from personal opinion rather than real, stated facts. I happen to agree with you that we likely won’t be fighting the Covenant and Flood as main enemies but that’s just my opinion.

Until 343 release some coverage you can’t blame OXM for their opinion.

> Call of Duty is the most popular shooter franchise out there, the comparison had nothing to do with previous Halo games they are just saying your well practiced COD tactics won’t work here, also how do you know whether the Covenant and Flood won’t be in or not? Most media websites have pretty vague descriptions right now because we don’t know anything.
>
> You don’t know anything either so maybe you should calm down a little.

They quite clearly refer to Halo: Reach before going into the controls. The paragraph isn’t talking about COD, or COD players. I quote, ‘The problem will be especially pronounced for Halo: Reach buffs’.

Also, we know that we won’t be facing the Covenant because there is no more Covenant. Flood, I believe will play a big part in the upcoming trilogy, however.

Something to remember, first it was Doom, then it was Quake, then it was Unreal, then it was Halo and now it is CoD. They are communities leap-frogging over each other. The next one usually thinking they’re “bigger” than the last.

So for them, CoD, having so many younlings (ask MLG, CoD’s group seems to be younger than Halo’s was) that have extremely limited gaming experience, the words help out.

How many Halo player understand Unreal’s secondary firing functions? How many understand Quake’s strafe-jumping? CoD’s players understand even less of the old ways. That is to who the article is written for.

Sorry guys, but what is this article referring to? is it the american oxm or UK? And what issue is this from?