Owusup

I’m EwwwIDied/Corey. Super excited about Halo Wars atm, been playin competitive for about a year, but I got the game around a year and a half ago. Refining my tactics and still pooling info (sad that banshee rushes are so popular and so overpowered/effective, same for tanks) I’m probably better at 2v2 than 1v1 or 3v3, but 1v1 probably comes next then 3v3. DC Sparta is my hero (it seems he’s one of the few that doesn’t boost and really has skill) I’ve played Tx Xfactor once in a 2v2, was pissed (he was arbiter) cause he was top5 in 1v1 and I’m sitting with a 25 in 2v2 thinking he could beat me 1v2.

So what’s up?

> I’m EwwwIDied/Corey. Super excited about Halo Wars atm, been playin competitive for about a year, but I got the game around a year and a half ago. Refining my tactics and still pooling info (sad that banshee rushes are so popular and so overpowered/effective, same for tanks) I’m probably better at 2v2 than 1v1 or 3v3, but 1v1 probably comes next then 3v3. DC Sparta is my hero (it seems he’s one of the few that doesn’t boost and really has skill) I’ve played Tx Xfactor once in a 2v2, was pissed (he was arbiter) cause he was top5 in 1v1 and I’m sitting with a 25 in 2v2 thinking he could beat me 1v2.
>
> So what’s up?

DC Sparta is your hero? lol, sorry I just find that funny. :slight_smile: He’s a good player, but he’s also probably the most known booster/disconnector since Halo Wars was released. Recently players like Loaded Ninja, zzDomedzz, Rentis2damnhigh etc. boosted to a 50, but Sparta has kind of been doing that for a long time. xFactor is good now, he was on the brink of high level for a long time but the last several months he has become a very good player.

As for the actual strategy of the game, most team games come down to tanks and vampires…and well Arbiters raging since they got rid of the nerf on him. In 1v1 all different units are made, although Anders and Brute Chieftain are probably the two best 1v1 leaders.

I knew he force lagged and heard about him disconnecting, but he’s still in every mention of skill there is. I haven’t met him though, it’d be the same as saying Michael Phelps is my swimming hero, except on a lower scale if you catch my drift.

Vampires aren’t really good against vehicles, infantry, or bases. Wolverines could kill an arbiter pretty easily with a disruptor down, and could kill a base, and even a couple wraiths. Vampires do have an extreme advantage over wolverines though…making a full army of vampires wouldn’t really be overpowered like making a full army of tanks.

I think I’d use Forge over Anders in nearly any situation where I’m not planning on letting the game get to super units though. I’d also use Cutter over Anders if I’m planning on attacking after the 15min mark.

> I knew he force lagged and heard about him disconnecting, but he’s still in every mention of skill there is. I haven’t met him though, it’d be the same as saying Michael Phelps is my swimming hero, except on a lower scale if you catch my drift.
>
> Vampires aren’t really good against vehicles, infantry, or bases. Wolverines could kill an arbiter pretty easily with a disruptor down, and could kill a base, and even a couple wraiths. Vampires do have an extreme advantage over wolverines though…making a full army of vampires wouldn’t really be overpowered like making a full army of tanks.
>
> I think I’d use Forge over Anders in nearly any situation where I’m not planning on letting the game get to super units though. I’d also use Cutter over Anders if I’m planning on attacking after the 15min mark.

The point of the vampires is stop the other team from making banshees or their own vampires. If my team is making tanks and your team makes wolverines to fight the banshees/vampires, the tanks will just kill everything.

> > I knew he force lagged and heard about him disconnecting, but he’s still in every mention of skill there is. I haven’t met him though, it’d be the same as saying Michael Phelps is my swimming hero, except on a lower scale if you catch my drift.
> >
> > Vampires aren’t really good against vehicles, infantry, or bases. Wolverines could kill an arbiter pretty easily with a disruptor down, and could kill a base, and even a couple wraiths. Vampires do have an extreme advantage over wolverines though…making a full army of vampires wouldn’t really be overpowered like making a full army of tanks.
> >
> > I think I’d use Forge over Anders in nearly any situation where I’m not planning on letting the game get to super units though. I’d also use Cutter over Anders if I’m planning on attacking after the 15min mark.
>
> The point of the vampires is stop the other team from making banshees or their own vampires. If my team is making tanks and your team makes wolverines to fight the banshees/vampires, the tanks will just kill everything.

Yup. And that isn’t even mentioning the fact that Anders has gremlins and by far the greater economic advantage over forge and cutter. Super units usually don’t matter at all unless it’s 3v3, because the game is generally decided before that. Anders and the Arbiter have gone back to being way too overpowered. I guess cutter still has the expanding advantage, but the 1 reactor gremlins are just a balance killer. (This is obviously directed at EwwIDied, as bb2010 knows more than I.)

It takes a twenty vampires to be effective against air though, while it only takes five or so wolverines, 10 tanks well managed vs 13 tanks poorly managed, means you can still manage uneffected with anti-air. Also, Arbiter still messes up vampires, which are frozen in place. One Volley from even 5 wolverines will take a zero star arbiter half health, and with your tanks around you can finish him off.

> It takes a full army of vampires to be effective against air though, while it only takes 5 or so wolverines, 10 tanks well managed vs 13 tanks poorly managed, means you can still manage uneffected with anti-air. Also, Arbiter still messes up vampires, which are frozen in place. One Volley from even 5 wolverines will take a zero star arbiter half health, and with your tanks around you can finish him off.

Yes, wolverines are better anti-air overall. However, it is a matter of who is designated to do what. First off, no, it does not take a full army of vampires to kill air. Vampires neutralize whatever they stasis, and in addition to this fire devastating needle rounds, which means that vamps can almost go 2 to 1. Not only that, but while it is true that the arbiter can rage down vamps, it is also true that the vamps can fly him off a cliff, whereas with wolverines one needs a stasis bomb for them to even have a chance at taking down the Arbiter. Also, the vampires can retreat from the Arbiter by flying away over impassible terrain, whereas once the wolverines get strung up by the Arbiter in rage mode, they will all die unless they are helped by tanks or an anti bomb. Wolverines would have to both accompany the tanks, and be at home to protect the bases, which means that it will take more than five. But the main reason is just like bb said, a full army of tanks will kill the wolverines, which would then open the player’s tanks to the air. This means that all the tanks have to do is target the wolverines, and then the army of air will come in and destroy the rest. Hunters would be more of a viable option if they were faster to produce, cheaper to upgrade, and targeted, moved around and teleported more efficiently. As it stands banshees and vamps are the better option.