Overtime...More Harm than Good?

Since the update, the game has had many bugs and glitches and there is a lot of forum posts regarding all these issues.
Do you guys think that this update was a good change overall or has it caused too many issues? I understand that this is a complex issue, but I don’t personally see the introduction of oddball as that great a plus when you look at the complaints about nerfing and other gameplay issues. Does the bad outweigh the good in this update?
So, what do you all think?

The new AR is great and Oddball is a nice return.

> 2533274816299345;2:
> The new AR is great and Oddball is a nice return.

Really? I’ve seen many complaints that it isn’t powerful enough to compete against other loadouts, mainly the magnum. I personally liked the strong AR, I’m not distraught over its nerfing, but I see this as another step away from the social community.

> 2533274955181440;3:
> > 2533274816299345;2:
> > The new AR is great and Oddball is a nice return.
>
> Really? I’ve seen many complaints that it isn’t powerful enough to compete against other loadouts, mainly the magnum. I personally liked the strong AR, I’m not distraught over its nerfing, but I see this as another step away from the social community.

Its a lot better at mid-long range now. Plus the insane multiplier on headshots make it extremely powerful against unshielded targets. Its more powerful now than it was if you have good accuracy.

> 2533274816299345;4:
> > 2533274955181440;3:
> > > 2533274816299345;2:
> > > The new AR is great and Oddball is a nice return.
> >
> > Really? I’ve seen many complaints that it isn’t powerful enough to compete against other loadouts, mainly the magnum. I personally liked the strong AR, I’m not distraught over its nerfing, but I see this as another step away from the social community.
>
> Its a lot better at mid-long range now. Plus the insane multiplier on headshots make it extremely powerful against unshielded targets. Its more powerful now than it was if you have good accuracy.

Hmm, cool. Ill have to look into that and play with it a bit more.

Maybe the technical issues come from the 4k compatibility? I know lots of people are happy to have oddball.

> 2533274805640921;6:
> Maybe the technical issues come from the 4k compatibility? I know lots of people are happy to have oddball.

I do too, I was just using it as an example for the good things the update has brought. Kinda more of does the bad outweigh the good. Or vise-a-versa.

I’m glad to have Oddball, but the new weapon tuning irks me.

All this update did was ensure that 90 percent of your kills will be with the magnum. It outclasses all other precision weapons except at very long range where the dmr is better. The weapon sandbox is more diverse now but it’s less balanced and less fun.

Also, camo being so strong and only a 2 minute timer is stupid. On any map with camo, the team that controls camo probably wins.

> 2533274955181440;1:
> Does the bad outweigh the good in this update?

Depends. I’m sure the weapon tuning was a big deal for people who play lots of arena. But, since I play firefight almost exclusively and don’t care much about Oddball (and also because I don’t have a 4K TV), the Overtime update pretty much sailed over my head. I’m not against weapon tuning, but I kind of wish they had focused on separate req balancing for PvP and PvE instead. But that’s just my opinion, and whether or not the bad outweights the good really depends on what you play the most in Halo 5. I’m hoping they fix some of the glitches, at least the one that made it so much darker and yes my brightness is set to 5

i think, that this does a bit more harm than good. all of a sudden , my favorite weapons now suck!!! incuding the magnum and BR.

> 2533274818178359;11:
> i think, that this does a bit more harm than good. all of a sudden , my favorite weapons now suck!!! incuding the magnum and BR.

You think the magnum sucks? Its the best loadout in the game now arena wise. It outclasses the AR, the BR, and is only outdone by the DMR as Primus Ego Sum stated previously. I wouldn’t say it sucks at all.

> 2533274955181440;12:
> > 2533274818178359;11:
> > i think, that this does a bit more harm than good. all of a sudden , my favorite weapons now suck!!! incuding the magnum and BR.
>
> You think the magnum sucks? Its the best loadout in the game now arena wise. It outclasses the AR, the BR, and is only outdone by the DMR as Primus Ego Sum stated previously. I wouldn’t say it sucks at all.

yes, you are right. I just was not used to it. though i do still think the BR and AR are not as great.

> yes, you are right. I just was not used to it. though i do still think the BR and AR are not as great.

With that I totally agree

> 2533274955181440;1:
> Since the update, the game has had many bugs and glitches and there is a lot of forum posts regarding all these issues.
> Do you guys think that this update was a good change overall or has it caused too many issues? I understand that this is a complex issue, but I don’t personally see the introduction of oddball as that great a plus when you look at the complaints about nerfing and other gameplay issues. Does the bad outweigh the good in this update?
> So, what do you all think?

Yes i think the bad outways the good. I’m not even going into the weapon tuning because I’ve beaten that topic to death. But they took out halo 3 throwback and that was arguably the best game mode in the entire game. And I’ll be honest, i don’t know why people are -Yoinking!- their pants over oddball. Oddball is okay, a few games are fun but oddball gets boring fast (IMO). Besides that there isn’t much bad, most of my dislike with this update is because of the weapon tuning.

But let’s get into the positives, I’m never going to take the pistol for granted again that’s for sure. And a few weapon tuning i liked, the assault rifle got an understandable nerf and i personally think it’s an improvement. The gunfighter magnum was original one of my most disliked weapons, but now i really like it, don’t know why but i just do. I don’t know if it’s just me but did halo 5’s graphics make a big improvement, i don’t believe i have come across the problem of the spartan’s being too bright and glowing yet. While the graphics are nowhere near as good as the beta, it’s still an improvement.

At first I didn’t like the weapon tuning, but since it came out I’ve gotten used to the changes and actually really like them. Not sure why, but I feel like the’ve leveled the playing field even more now. The AR changes make it tougher to use that gun, but if you’re good at headshots, you’ll win every shootout with the AR at close to mid-range. I can see how people don’t like the update, but I don’t mind it.

I’m a “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it” kind of guy, but in this case, I welcome the changes.

i dont have a problem with it, but i have noticed a ton of lag since the update. things just dont seem to run as smoothly as it did before hand

It did a lot of harm gameplay wise.

It messed up most of the Forge maps so with that alone it’s a bad update. Now BTB is just a frame dropping mess.

> 2533274818178359;13:
> > 2533274955181440;12:
> > > 2533274818178359;11:
> > > i think, that this does a bit more harm than good. all of a sudden , my favorite weapons now suck!!! incuding the magnum and BR.
> >
> > You think the magnum sucks? Its the best loadout in the game now arena wise. It outclasses the AR, the BR, and is only outdone by the DMR as Primus Ego Sum stated previously. I wouldn’t say it sucks at all.
>
> yes, you are right. I just was not used to it. though i do still think the BR and AR are not as great.

I think the AR is better, or at least I am since the update. I can’t stop using it, even when I’m trying to primarily use the Magnum, and I get more kills than before.