Overshield will need fixing.

Since the classic playlist will no doubt incorporate overshields, I just figured I’d bring up a complaint I have with them in hopes that it will be tweaked before the TU is released. The problem that I have had with them (since at least Halo 3, which was when I really started getting into Halo multiplayer) was the 5 second invincibility that comes before you even get your full overshield. It made it overpowered and it was very annoying. Instead of a slow gradual increase in shields that seems to be interrupted when attacked if you use the custom power up, I believe the overshield should simply be an instant change that gives you +100% to your shields. If you have full shields, it would go to 200% immediately. If you have 33% shields, it would immediately go to 133% shields. if you have no shields, you immediately get 100% shields.

Don’t get me wrong, overshields no matter what are 100% better than armor lock in terms of gameplay. However, I’m just stating a problem that I have with how overshields were implemented at least since Halo 3.

Just a suggestion, take it or leave it. Just throwing it out there :slight_smile:

> Since the classic playlist will no doubt incorporate overshields, I just figured I’d bring up a complaint I have with them in hopes that it will be tweaked before the TU is released. The problem that I have had with them (since at least Halo 3, which was when I really started getting into Halo multiplayer) was the 5 second invincibility that comes before you even get your full overshield. It made it overpowered and it was very annoying. Instead of a slow gradual increase in shields that seems to be interrupted when attacked if you use the custom power up, I believe the overshield should simply be an instant change that gives you +100% to your shields. If you have full shields, it would go to 200% immediately. If you have 33% shields, it would immediately go to 133% shields. if you have no shields, you immediately get 100% shields.
>
> Don’t get me wrong, overshields no matter what are 100% better than armor lock in terms of gameplay. However, I’m just stating a problem that I have with how overshields were implemented at least since Halo 3.
>
> Just a suggestion, take it or leave it. Just throwing it out there :slight_smile:

I would leave it, timing the OS right to pick it up and run in and kill some people added some fun to Halo 3 for me.