overpowered weapons

my friends told me that they think the AR and the needler in reach are OPed when i first heard this i only thought that the needler where alittle OPed but i ask more halo: reach player and i got the same results. but i don’t think the AR is OPed at all but im curious as to what you think. Do you think the AR and the Needler are OPed please dont flame me im just curious and please dont be a -Yoink!-. thanks!!!

Needler is powerful but it’s limited ammo ensures that it doesn’t get too many kills. Needlers are wicked at medium range but It’s not OP if you know to counter them.

AR’s are not OP, i lol at that statement. Anything outside it’s optimal range (close to ange-medium range) and it’s all but useless. Fitting for a default weapon though as of late, i find the Plasma Repeater superior.

The AR definitely is overpowered. For a weapon that is so mind-bogglingly easy to use, it’s far too effective. It should have far higher bloom and/or inflict less damage per projectile.

AR’s only problem is that its spray and pray damage can almost keep up with a 5 shot from weapons like the DMR but I think when the pistol becomes a 3 shot it won’t really matter. Anyway the AR is far from OP, it can be annoying to lose just because you miss like 1 DMR shot but as long as you make sure that every bullet counts a precision weapon should always win.

> The AR definitely is overpowered. For a weapon that is so mind-bogglingly easy to use, it’s far too effective. It should have far higher bloom and/or inflict less damage per projectile.

The AR is no overpowered. It is underpowered.

The AR is fine the way it is, It’s a fully automatic, Accurate, Recoiless weapon. It shouldn’t out niche anything but it should be effective at close to mid range, which it is.

> my friends told me that they think the AR and the needler in reach are OPed when i first heard this i only thought that the needler where alittle OPed but i ask more halo: reach player and i got the same results. but i don’t think the AR is OPed at all but im curious as to what you think. Do you think the AR and the Needler are OPed please dont flame me im just curious and please dont be a -Yoink!-. thanks!!!

the AR and needler suck in reach. your friends are flat out wrong.

just jump and strafe and the needler does nothing. the AR has such a small damage output its not even usable when you can use a DMR or needle rifle or pistol instead (and you SPAWN with a pistol, generally speaking).

> my friends told me that they think the AR and the needler in reach are OPed when i first heard this i only thought that the needler where alittle OPed but i ask more halo: reach player and i got the same results. but i don’t think the AR is OPed at all but im curious as to what you think. Do you think the AR and the Needler are OPed please dont flame me im just curious and please dont be a -Yoink!-. thanks!!!

IMO the Needler works in Reach as it was intended since Halo CE. Dual wield in H2 left out, two of them would be strange now, but they promised the Needler would be stronger in H3 and guess what? Not so much. Now it actually serves its purpose, but the players can’t accept it so easily after all these years.

Needler is completely broken. Only decent counter is a better power weapon or evading backwards. Or getting lucky with a mini nuke and headshot. But still.
The AR should have more bloom.
The only people that say they are terrible are the ones that never or don’t know how to use them.

The Needler is powerful, sure, but its strength is balanced by a limited lock-on and a quick ammo consumption rate. If you jump, crouch, Evade, or strafe you can dodge a Needler. The AR, on the other hand, is not powerful at all. The thing now takes nineteen bullets to kill over Halo 3’s sixteen, and the kill time is terrible as a result. The range is also bad, with the weapon not working past fifteen meters.

Nothing is over-powered in Reach; every single -Yoink- weapon is under-powered.

Actually, melee is over-powered. I’m still curious as to why 343 is buffing it instead of nerfing it.

Needler is perfect now, and may seem OP if you constantly attack players who like to stand still or run straight at you.
Little bit of legwork will throw the aim off unless the attacker knows how to lead. Also low ammo.

AR? I would’nt say OP either.
Easy to use? Yes, but the game needs some sort of versatile workhorse weapon that is somewhat capable in any situation, despite if it seems nooby or not.

OP Needler??? You should have seen what it was like in the beta. Less needles required to kill and faster shooting speed made that weapon a holy terror.