Overpowered Weapons in Halo 4

I KNOW i am no the only one that thinks that the DMR is overpowered. I just really want 343 to lower DMR damage, or raise all other loadout weapon damage. If any 343 staff members are reading this PLEASE, i beg of you to do something. I rage ALL DAY because my BR takes 6 shots to kill, and the enemy shoots only 3 times, and i die. 1 shot lowers 50-60% of your shield!! I donn’t want to sell Halo 4, but i might have to. I REALLY love halo, and want to play all day. I just can’t play without raging. Thank you for reading this, and i hope you have a blessed time in Halo 4!! :slight_smile:

is DMR OP??

If you can’t beat it, join it.

DMR does well where it’s supposed to at long range, but the problem is its ability to outperform at shorter ranges and the magnetism that can allow a hit even when you don’t have your crosshair on target. Lowering its magnetism to standard levels and lowering its firing speed slightly so that it needs the extra range to overpower closer-range weapons like the BR and CC would fix it but retain its effective niche.

> If you can’t beat it, join it.

This is not a good mindset to have, as it perpetuates a problem instead of solving it. I’m not saying this just because you’re using it in reference to the DMR; I’m saying this because I’m concerned this is an actual life view of yours and I’m worried you’re going to be a detriment to society by continuing to believe that saying has merit.

Nothing is over powered in this game. In my opinion I think it’s the most balanced Halo out of all of them.

The people that complain are people who get upset when they lose or get killed. Basically if it killed them it’s over powered.

Most of the maps in this game are medium to long range maps so it makes sense the DMR would dominate on them. People need to adapt and stop complaining so much. If they would put just half of the energy they put into ranting here on the forum about things that kill them into actually playing, they might get better.

> DMR does well where it’s supposed to at long range, but the problem is its ability to outperform at shorter ranges and the magnetism that can allow a hit even when you don’t have your crosshair on target. Lowering its magnetism to standard levels and lowering its firing speed slightly so that it needs the extra range to overpower closer-range weapons like the BR and CC would fix it but retain its effective niche.

Lowering it would hurt it to much long range but do nothing close range where it’s easy it aim anyway.

If the goal is to keep performance at long range but have it consistently lose at closer ranges… Only slowing IRS rate of fire till its kill time is slower than BR kill time… That would be a viable solution.

> > If you can’t beat it, join it.
>
> This is not a good mindset to have, as it perpetuates a problem instead of solving it. I’m not saying this just because you’re using it in reference to the DMR; I’m saying this because I’m concerned this is an actual life view of yours and I’m worried you’re going to be a detriment to society by continuing to believe that saying has merit.

It’s a game. It’s not like playing Halo has any form of influence on life. It’s not like I actually implement crappy sayings IRL.
Nothing not about the right thing, it’s about the smart thing. If OP uses the DMR, and it subsides rage, hurrah. If he doesn’t, well, it’s no skin off my nose.
I don’t use the DMR myself; but when I was killed with it, I never had a problem. I just go with what’s smart for the situation.

> Lowering it would hurt it to much long range but do nothing close range where it’s easy it aim anyway.

Not really, DMR has a respectable scope at longer ranges as it is.

> If the goal is to keep performance at long range but have it consistently lose at closer ranges… Only slowing IRS rate of fire till its kill time is slower than BR kill time… That would be a viable solution.

I would say if you put a numerical value on the BR’s ROF and called it “1”, the DMR should have an ROF of about “1.15”, assuming slower fire rates = higher numbers. That way if both targets fire at one another, the DMR will lose if all three shots of the BR make a hit five times in a row, but win if the BR misses once and the DMR doesn’t.

Given the fact that after a given range you’re only hitting 1 or 2 shots per pulse with the BR, the DMR will automatically dominate at that range and further.

> Nothing is over powered in this game. In my opinion I think it’s the most balanced Halo out of all of them.
>
> The people that complain are people who get upset when they lose or get killed. Basically if it killed them it’s over powered.
>
> Most of the maps in this game are medium to long range maps so it makes sense the DMR would dominate on them. People need to adapt and stop complaining so much. If they would put just half of the energy they put into ranting here on the forum about things that kill them into actually playing, they might get better.

So you don’t see any problem with one or two weapons dominating a game?If everyone should adapt and not make use of all the weapons that have been placed on the table in front of them as you are stating then what is the point of a load out system and taking time to fine tune all the other weapons for specific areas?

It is not a question of skill it is a question of sandbox balancing issues. If one weapon out of say 7 or so primaries is all a vast majority of a population will use then there is defiantly a balancing problem.