overpowered and overused DMR

everybody that plays this game now uses the dmr, it is overpowered and over ranged. it needs to be toned down signifigantly, or remade to where the bullets carry damage over distance because im tired of little kids who play this game way more then me killing me everytime i poke out because they sit across any map they play. and i know 343 refuses to aknowledge that theyre a terrible game making company and id rather activision had this game. or any other studio for this matter. halo went down the tube when 343 tried their title update crap on halo reach. i know other people have to get pissed about this to. so lets make a statement and get the dmr fixed. NOW

The reach title update made it better. 343 has stated that the next patch is going to be balancing weapons.

and yet, nobody complained about the DMR in Reach or the TU that made it more OP?

> and yet, nobody complained about the DMR in Reach or the TU that made it more OP?

Yeah, because it was meant to be the lead precision loadout weapon. Just like in Halo 3, when the BR was king. In Reach, Bungie essentially replaced the BR with the DMR.

If that makes any since whatsoever.

i feel like if they knew this was a problem they would have fixed it with the last update. they knew nobody liked their updates in halo reach. so they remarketed the same crap into this game and called it halo 4. the dmr is overpowered and overranged and its impossible to face it without being killed. the only way to beat it is with another dmr. assault rifle even point blank still gets beat by it.

> and yet, nobody complained about the DMR in Reach or the TU that made it more OP?

Because there weren’t 3 other precision weapons that were supposed to have their own niches and there weren’t fully customizable loadouts. Everyone started with DMR(equal footing) so it wasn’t OP.

as it stands now, the Dmr plows every other precision rifle into the ground. It isn’t everyone’s playstyle, the gun is just that much better!

Proof DMR is OP: http://www.halocouncil.com/community/index.php?/topic/12399-r-the-halo-utility-weapon-thread-by-duji-and-k2five/#entry248408

I use the DMR, but only because I’m looking for the commendations.

BR is my favorite utility weapon in the game. Mostly because I like the three shot burst, and I don’t mind losing a little bit of range.

Plus, it feels like it helps when games are laggy to have burst shots.

DMR. Designated Marksmen’s Rifle. Should have decent damage, the best range and have the feel of a marksmen’s tool.

Damage: good

Range: good

Aim Assist: good (will help nail those long range shots reliable)

Bullet Magnetism: good (in the hands of a spartan… This gun should never miss. Keeps this gun hitting intended long rang targets)

Rate of Fire: TOO DAMN FAST. Results in being too usefull at close range and takes away from it being a Marksman’s tool and makes it a spammers weapon. Longer range weapons should always have a slower rate of fire in Halo.

Previous game used bloom to rule rate of fire. This gave two ways to use the DMR. 1) fast and spammy made gun inaccurate, so only spam at close range… And 2) paced, accurate SLOW for long range precision that almost never misses.

Bloom is not needed in halo 4 because those two roles are supposed to be met by two different weapons. BR and DMR

1. shorter range, fast-spammy is supposed to be ruled by BR… Seems good

2. long range, slow and accurate is supposed to be taken care of by DMR… But some one forgot the SLOW part

> DMR. Designated Marksmen’s Rifle. Should have decent damage, the best range and have the feel of a marksmen’s tool.
>
> Damage: good
>
> Range: good
>
> Aim Assist: good (will help nail those long range shots reliable)
>
> Bullet Magnetism: good (in the hands of a spartan… This gun should never miss. Keeps this gun hitting intended long rang targets)
>
> Rate of Fire: TOO DAMN FAST. Results in being too usefull at close range and takes away from it being a Marksman’s tool and makes it a spammers weapon. Longer range weapons should always have a slower rate of fire in Halo.
> --------------
> Previous game used bloom to rule rate of fire. This gave two ways to use the DMR. 1) fast and spammy made gun inaccurate, so only spam at close range… And 2) paced, accurate SLOW for long range precision that almost never misses.
>
> Bloom is not needed in halo 4 because those two roles are supposed to be met by two different weapons. BR and DMR
>
> 1) shorter range, fast-spammy is supposed to be ruled by BR… Seems good
>
> 2) long range, slow and accurate is supposed to be taken care of by DMR… But some one forgot the SLOW part

I think i have come to realize why its rate of fire is a problem. When using the br or light rifle a long strafe to the side or any strafe will cause a problem because of the slight pause between each shot. The dmr is able to continuously shoot meaning that some one can shoot while move their reticle on you.

I would like to also add that lack of descope and the bullet magnetism are also a problem. I used to think that this game was balanced and i used to think that descope was not a necessity, but an annoying mechanic. I was wrong, and I am sorry for every believing that.

I think that people might just be comfortable with it, most of the time I feel that I can easily kill someone that has a DMR, with a BR. All of the load out weapons are supposed to be balanced, and I feel that they are.

Keep everything the same, but make the DMR a 7 shot kill, or buff the BR to a 4 shot kill.

It would solve a lot of issues.

> everybody that plays this game now uses the dmr, it is overpowered and over ranged. it needs to be toned down signifigantly, or remade to where the bullets carry damage over distance because im tired of little kids who play this game way more then me killing me everytime i poke out because they sit across any map they play. and i know 343 refuses to aknowledge that theyre a terrible game making company and id rather activision had this game. or any other studio for this matter. halo went down the tube when 343 tried their title update crap on halo reach. i know other people have to get pissed about this to. so lets make a statement and get the dmr fixed. NOW

You are implying that the DMR is broken which it isn’t, and you have no proof of it being broken just a pure hatred for the weapon. Last time I checked the BR was used just as much as the DMR and since loadouts give more variety to what people can use, People will use what they like and what they are comfortable with.

> Keep everything the same, but make the DMR a 7 shot kill, or buff the BR to a 4 shot kill.
>
> It would solve a lot of issues.

So what you are saying is that you want the DMR to be useless even at it’s effective range, and everything else in the sandbox to be dominated solely by the BR. Just because it was like that in H2 and H3 totally dominate over everything else. I love how you don’t even take into fact other weapons, and how anything of what you said will effect other weapons or the DMR itself in it’s most effective range.

It wouldn’t solve anything, it would probably cause even more havoc in game rather than so called “fixing” it.

im not going to lie. i do not like this gun at all. even on maps that are designed to be close combat maps people still use the dmr. its made all the other guns useless to use because nothing can compete against it, close combat or far ranged. thats why it needs toned down, if you look at pecentages of people that use the dmr on a regular basis, im just going off of thought here this isnt an actual percentage, its somewhere in the 70% and up range. when a gun is that overused something has to be wrong with the gun, not anything else.

The DMR needs to have its ROF dropped, the range of the weapon I can live with, but the fact you can fire kill someone from such a large distance so quickly is a bit stupid.

You can fire the carbine pretty fast but it takes more bullets to kill, and this is what should have happened with the DMR.

I have witnessed a full clip on an AR from close range being unleashed on a DMR user, and the DMR user won…

Bloom and 5 shot kill!!! It takes about 4 full bursts with a BR to kill someone with its slower rate of fire, while 4 shots with a dmr will do the same thing at every range. You can still cross map with those two things, but other weapons will have a chance at anywhere from close to mid range