Overheating turrets: keep it or lose it

Just wondering how people felt about them. I personally do want them back, it keeps people from shooting like there’s no tomorrow.What do you guys think, keep it or loose it?

UPDATE I’m keeping track of the votes, this is what we have so far:

Keep it(including myself)-12

Loose it-8

Midway-7

<strong><strong>READ THIS**** When you post something, make sure it tells whether your for keeping it, loosing it, or if your midway. This would be very appreciated(since some people don’t make it very clear on what they want). Thanks!</strong></strong>

Nobody? :frowning:

The forum’s gone into campaign mode, what with the Anniversary terminals being leaked and everything. Once the maps release, this topic will probably turn into a 500-reply flame war over some tiny aspect of turret-related gameplay.

> The forum’s gone into campaign mode, what with the Anniversary terminals being leaked and everything. Once the maps release, this topic will probably turn into a 500-reply flame war over some tiny aspect of turret-related gameplay.

0_0 well f**k… I mean Yoink!

In my opinion it needs to go.

After HATING the vehicles in Reach specifically Hog/Banshee damage and Banshee bomb,

I have to admit that I thought the Hog turret overheating was a good idea for 3 reasons.

• it keeps turret spammers from spamming (generally) which leads to

• it helps keep NOOB gunners from giving Hog pos on map.

• and it offers some solace to the poor victims of the Hog that the turret may overheat.

I think it should go.

it should go.

Wow, I expected to people to say it should stay(so noobs don’t spam it and all)

If it’s about skill, stay.
If it’s about unbalanced fun, remove.

The overheating barrel, combined with ramping ROF, is fun for me.
That is because I know I can’t just hold the trigger the whole time I’m gunning.
I have to pre-fire when approaching certain cover spots.
And I can’t suppress an area for too long without giving the enemy the oppourtunity to attack back when I stop to momentarily cool my barrels.

Will I have more fun with it removed? No, probably less.

> If it’s about skill, stay.
> If it’s about unbalanced fun, remove.
>
> The overheating barrel, combined with ramping ROF, is fun for me.
> That is because I know I can’t just hold the trigger the whole time I’m gunning.
> I have to pre-fire when approaching certain cover spots.
> And I can’t suppress an area for too long without giving the enemy the oppourtunity to attack back when I stop to momentarily cool my barrels.
>
> Will I have more fun with it removed? No, probably less.

I vote to keep it. I like it because it is used as an anti spam.

Remove, I wouldn’t call constantly firing a turret spamming.

It’s not turret spam considering you can destroy the entire vehicle that has the turret in it or the turret itself with one sticky.

People just need to not complain quite so much.

OK, so far we have:

Keep it(including myself)-3

Lose it-4

Midway-2

Keep’em coming. :slight_smile:

> It’s not turret spam considering you can destroy the entire vehicle that has the turret in it or the turret itself with one sticky.
>
> People just need to not complain quite so much.

So…which side are you on?(if you have a side)

Keep it, we all remember how bad Standoff was on Halo 3 if your team lost your Warthog and power weapons, infinite turret + spawns = horrible combo.

Although, I would prefer it to overheat in default Matchmaking but be toggleable in custom game settings.

> > It’s not turret spam considering you can destroy the entire vehicle that has the turret in it or the turret itself with one sticky.
> >
> > People just need to not complain quite so much.
>
> So… which side are you on?(if you have a side)

Get rid of overheating. It was only put in to satisfy whiners.

It should go IMO, at least on the vehicle turrets anyways. It was more fun without the overheat, and vehicles with them, especially the hog, were less effective than they once were because of it. Plus it doesn’t make sense canon-wise (even though multiplayer doesn’t have to follow canon entirely) since it was absent in Halo 3. Humans wouldn’t downgrade their tech to overheat again.

> It should go IMO, <mark>at least on the vehicle turrets</mark> anyways. It was more fun without the overheat, and vehicles with them, especially the hog, were less effective than they once were because of it. Plus it doesn’t make sense canon-wise (even though multiplayer doesn’t have to follow canon entirely) since it was absent in Halo 3. Humans wouldn’t downgrade their tech to overheat again.

So are are you midway?