Overall rating

So far I see an overall rating of 86 which im perfectly happy with. The reviews seem fair (except for one that rated it a 60) and brought up a good critique. Campaigns not bad but labeled as decent and multiplayer is labeled as fantastic. Overall my hype has still not gone done, how about you guys?

Always good to keep in mind what a reviewer is looking for and scoring against isn’t always what a die-hard preordered two collectors editions (one to keep in the plastic, natch) halo fan would look for. Seems more than a few people are upset it isn’t scoring 105% on Metacritic. 87% is considered quite impressive and it sounds like the primary drag against the game is the campaign’s… difficulties in telling a good story. But, really, who is going to remember the Campaign a month from now? Well, other than the people who went directly to MP and ignored Campaign until Thanksgiving, heh.

> 2533274814405557;2:
> Always good to keep in mind what a reviewer is looking for and scoring against isn’t always what a die-hard preordered two collectors editions (one to keep in the plastic, natch) halo fan would look for. Seems more than a few people are upset it isn’t scoring 105% on Metacritic. 87% is considered quite impressive and it sounds like the primary drag against the game is the campaign’s… difficulties in telling a good story. But, really, who is going to remember the Campaign a month from now? Well, other than the people who went directly to MP and ignored Campaign until Thanksgiving, heh.

I don’t know about you but I usually play Halo for the campaign.

> 2533274871814973;3:
> > 2533274814405557;2:
> > Always good to keep in mind what a reviewer is looking for and scoring against isn’t always what a die-hard preordered two collectors editions (one to keep in the plastic, natch) halo fan would look for. Seems more than a few people are upset it isn’t scoring 105% on Metacritic. 87% is considered quite impressive and it sounds like the primary drag against the game is the campaign’s… difficulties in telling a good story. But, really, who is going to remember the Campaign a month from now? Well, other than the people who went directly to MP and ignored Campaign until Thanksgiving, heh.
>
>
> I don’t know about you but I usually play Halo for the campaign.

Agreed. The lore and campaign is one of the major reasons I play Halo games. Multiplayer is fun, but I like immersing myself in a game’s fiction more than just shooting people online without any context.

That said, Halo 5’s story is immensely disappointing. It’s even more disappointing for me because I though Halo 4 had one of the best stories in a Halo game. Halo 5 pretty much -Yoink- all over the themes and narrative points of its predecessor.

> 2533274929494620;4:
> > 2533274871814973;3:
> > > 2533274814405557;2:
> > > Always good to keep in mind what a reviewer is looking for and scoring against isn’t always what a die-hard preordered two collectors editions (one to keep in the plastic, natch) halo fan would look for. Seems more than a few people are upset it isn’t scoring 105% on Metacritic. 87% is considered quite impressive and it sounds like the primary drag against the game is the campaign’s… difficulties in telling a good story. But, really, who is going to remember the Campaign a month from now? Well, other than the people who went directly to MP and ignored Campaign until Thanksgiving, heh.
> >
> >
> > I don’t know about you but I usually play Halo for the campaign.
>
>
> Agreed. The lore and campaign is one of the major reasons I play Halo games. Multiplayer is fun, but I like immersing myself in a game’s fiction more than just shooting people online without any context.
>
> That said, Halo 5’s story is immensely disappointing. It’s even more disappointing for me because I though Halo 4 had one of the best stories in a Halo game. Halo 5 pretty much -Yoink- all over the themes and narrative points of its predecessor.

You play it already?

I had a feeling hiring Brian Reed wouldn’t have been a good idea…

I really don’t care about ratings…

I just take reviews with a grain of salt. It puts a bias on the player before they have a chance to play it themselves.

Hmm
I don’t understand it myself, but im very calm now. I’m neither hyped nor scared, it feels more like the Silence before the Storm. They only thing i know for sure, that i want to play the Game soon when its released. To see how it is. How it matched to my expectations and that compared to the Reviews. But generally speaking 85%-87% are very good. For me are 85->95 % in the same League - so i can deal with it. Would it be like 79.% then yeah, that would be to low for an Halo but 85% is great…